Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patience...

Dingus McGirt

The hardest part about it is we are so close to being in first for the division and we all want to have the best chance to win and that is with Andrews return. It's hard, but I think waiting a few weeks for his return is much better for the future of the next ten years. A super bowl is only a matter of time!

1 minute ago, ColtsSouljah said:

The most frustrating thing here is that if this was the plan all along (as he indicates), then there was NO REASON to not put Luck on the PUP list. Just tell us (the fans) what is going on rather than stringing us along each week. That has been maddening.

It's only what you let it be to you.

Maybe the front office was hoping for the best and an early return of Luck? Everyone's healing process is different so there is no such thing as a hard or real timeline.

6 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

The most frustrating thing here is that if this was the plan all along (as he indicates), then there was NO REASON to not put Luck on the PUP list. Just tell us (the fans) what is going on rather than stringing us along each week. That has been maddening.

Maybe true but as stated before he needs 3-4 weeks of practice before playing.  If he was put on PUP at the start of the season he wouldn't have been able to practice last week or this week.  He wouldn't have been able to practice until after week 6.  That's what I've been informed of.  Which makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Maybe true but as stated before he needs 3-4 weeks of practice before playing.  If he was put on PUP at the start of the season he wouldn't have been able to practice last week or this week.  He wouldn't have been able to practice until after week 6.  That's what I've been informed of.  Which makes sense. 

So then he would be able to play in week 9. Do you think he is going to play before then?

3 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

So then he would be able to play in week 9. Do you think he is going to play before then?

Hard telling.  I am thinking he returns vs the Bengals or the Texans.  I was hoping against the Jags but that's pretty doubtful, we'll see I guess.  So yes I think he'll return by week 9. 

20 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Not putting him on pup lets him practice.

3 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I understand that. But he could have begun practicing after week 6. He would have to play in week 8 at the latest for that decision (not putting him on PUP) to make sense.

If he would have delayed his return to practice it would have delayed his return to playing because he wouldn’t have been able to ramp up things he does in practice if he was on PUP.  

Also worth remembering his return to practice was delayed a week from what they originally hoped.  Had he practiced that week sooner he would be a week closer to playing now.  That was the time line they were looking at when they had to decide to take him off PUP.  My guess is when they made that call the plan was for him to play against the Titans or at worst the Jags.  Had he hit it he would have been playing inside six weeks.  As it turns out that delay has probably pushed the timeline back a week and it could get pushed back further depending on how he does or does not progress which is something they couldn’t know for sure when they had to make that call and would only know once he started practicing.

36 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Hard telling.  I am thinking he returns vs the Bengals or the Texans.  I was hoping against the Jags but that's pretty doubtful, we'll see I guess.  So yes I think he'll return by week 9. 

I'm hoping for Bengals. As far as Goode and Swoope, do they have to wait until week 9 to practice?

4 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I'm hoping for Bengals. As far as Goode and Swoope, do they have to wait until week 9 to practice?

I am with you.  I am not sure as far as Goode and Swoope go.  They were both on I.R. designated for return correct?  I was thinking it was after week 8 if that's the case so you would be right, beginning of week 9. 

10 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I am with you.  I am not sure as far as Goode and Swoope go.  They were both on I.R. designated for return correct?  I was thinking it was after week 8 if that's the case so you would be right, beginning of week 9. 

Speaking of the Oline and Goode: The thing that boggles my mind is what happened to LeRaven Clark? I can see why Goode beat him out, but they moved Haeg to RT and left Clark as a backup. 

In any case, getting Goode back would be a big deal....lol

12 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Speaking of the Oline and Goode: The thing that boggles my mind is what happened to LeRaven Clark? I can see why Goode beat him out, but they moved Haeg to RT and left Clark as a backup. 

In any case, getting Goode back would be a big deal....lol

I completely agree with you.  The o-line still needs some work.  Hopefully they'll get there sooner rather than later.  It sure would be nice if the team was in contention when they get back Goode, Swoope, Rogers, Luck and Geathers. 

1 hour ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but he couldn’t be doing the work he is now if the did PUP him, correct?

Kinda limits the work he is allowed to do?

4 hours ago, IndySouthsider said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but he couldn’t be doing the work he is now if the did PUP him, correct?

Kinda limits the work he is allowed to do?

First of all we don’t really know what he is or isn’t doing because the media doesn’t see all of practice.

second him being allowed to practice puts no restrictions on what he can do.  The worst thing would him being able to do something but not being allowed to do it because he was on PUP thus delaying his comeback.

8 hours ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I understand that. But he could have begun practicing after week 6. He would have to play in week 8 at the latest for that decision (not putting him on PUP) to make sense.

I just don't get how you reach this conclusion. Him not being on PUP allowed him to practice before Week 6. That's the benefit, that's why it made sense not to PUP him, since he did practice before Week 6.

Him playing by Week 8 is pretty arbitrary and has nothing to do with whether or not he was on PUP.

The AFC is an open door for anyone that wants to advance through it except for KC. The AFC South looks like a tricycle race when the leader has a one game lead ahead of the pack with only a runner and a defense to brag on. The Texans are now in danger of being average on defense and Tennessee is what, good-bad-in between?  If there is a good year for Luck to sit on the side lines this is proving to be just that. When he returns they will not be out of the race and that is all that matters.

10 minutes ago, King Colt said:

The AFC is an open door for anyone that wants to advance through it except for KC. The AFC South looks like a tricycle race when the leader has a one game lead ahead of the pack with only a runner and a defense to brag on. The Texans are now in danger of being average on defense and Tennessee is what, good-bad-in between?  If there is a good year for Luck to sit on the side lines this is proving to be just that. When he returns they will not be out of the race and that is all that matters.

a semi-positive post?! who are you and what have you done with King Colt?!

12 hours ago, Superman said:

I just don't get how you reach this conclusion. Him not being on PUP allowed him to practice before Week 6. That's the benefit, that's why it made sense not to PUP him, since he did practice before Week 6.

Him playing by Week 8 is pretty arbitrary and has nothing to do with whether or not he was on PUP.

The prevailing theory has been that Luck needs three weeks of "real" practice before game play. If he were on the PUP until week six, that would mean playing in week 9 if he began practicing once he came off the PUP.

Yes, I know the three week timeline has not been proven, but it's the closet to something to go off of that we've been given. Obviously, if he needs more than three weeks, then yes it was smart to keep him off the PUP.

Point being, keeping him off the PUP hasn't necessarily helped the timeline. By all accounts his "practicing" last week and this aren't actually any semblance of NFL "practice," so it seems either way he's not actually doing real practicing before week 6. Light "tossing" of the football and running with your teammates isn't going to get you back sooner than doing those things without your teammates because you are on the PUP.

10 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

The prevailing theory has been that Luck needs three weeks of "real" practice before game play. If he were on the PUP until week six, that would mean playing in week 9 if he began practicing once he came off the PUP.

Yes, I know the three week timeline has not been proven, but it's the closet to something to go off of that we've been given. Obviously, if he needs more than three weeks, then yes it was smart to keep him off the PUP.

Point being, keeping him off the PUP hasn't necessarily helped the timeline. By all accounts his "practicing" last week and this aren't actually any semblance of NFL "practice," so it seems either way he's not actually doing real practicing before week 6. Light "tossing" of the football and running with your teammates isn't going to get you back sooner than doing those things without your teammates because you are on the PUP.

Reports are today he's doing route trees those are things he wouldn't be able to do if he was on PUP.  Him not being on PUP is letting him do things he wouldn't be able to do if he was.

10 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

ColtsSouljah, please read the post below.  Then read it again.  Then read it one more time.  Rinse and repeat as long as it takes for you to understand.  Thanks :)

21 hours ago, Derakynn said:

I really like how people seem to think you can accurately predict healing. It's literally a crapshoot. There is no such thing as absolutes or certainty in reality. 

Just now, J@son said:

ColtsSouljah, please read the post below.  Then read it again.  Then read it one more time.  Rinse and repeat as long as it takes for you to understand.  Thanks :)

That's kind of my point. If you're going to take the slow "we don't know approach," then just do it and take it slow. Use the PUP.

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Reports are today he's doing route trees those are things he wouldn't be able to do if he was on PUP.  Him not being on PUP is letting him do things he wouldn't be able to do if he was.

That would be good. So not going on the PUP is giving a half week advantage in timeline ;)

1 minute ago, ColtsSouljah said:

That's kind of my point. If you're going to take the slow "we don't know approach," then just do it and take it slow. Use the PUP.

but what if the opposite were true and he had fully healed and was ready to practice by week 2 or 3?