csmopar

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Jules said:

Most of us though cannot protest on the job like the players demand they have the right to do.

Unless it is overtly stated you cannot fire someone over a constitutional right

If a company has a Do or Don't requirement a employee or expectant employee must be told or there will be the person can not be fired

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

they made it too big and lost track of the initial cause and it became a circus

It got big when they got called sons of * and the president called for them to be fired.  I get why the teams responded they way that they did.

I also think the memo is good. I'm interested to hear what the players think.  The whole point is to call attention to the issues and work together.  It sounds like a way to move forward in a positive way.

5 minutes ago, Nadine said:

It got big when they got called sons of * and the president called for them to be fired.  I get why the teams responded they way that they did.

I also think the memo is good. I'm interested to hear what the players think.  The whole point is to call attention to the issues and work together.  It sounds like a way to move forward in a positive way.

The league is on a slippery slope

I think at this point most forgot even what the initial Kaepernick protesting was even about. lmao Thats the sad thing, they made it too big and lost track of the initial cause and it became a circus.

Wait, I'm confused...

I thought we were all on the same page.  Are we, or are we not, trying to get the Kardashians off TV?  Do I sign a petition, or do I just kneel?

screen-shot-2016-09-14-at-7-45-03-pm.jpg

10 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I get it too and why it escalated. But I thought it looked pretty bad when they kneeled for the American Anthem in London and then stood for God Save the Queen for crying out loud. :facepalm: IMO if they were going to protest then do it to both (The UK has loads of issues as well).

If they want to work together and improve upon serious causes then they should do some community service and events off the field and raise awareness and money in an organized manner. I don't think the way they ever went about all of this was ever going to work since it created more division instead of unification. Just flipping off the anthem and stuff isn't going to work for a lot of Americans who take it the wrong way even if the intent of these players is not to bash the flag, America or the troops........but it comes off this way to many. 

Just now, Jules said:

I get it too and why it escalated. But I thought it looked pretty bad when they kneeled for the American Anthem in London and then stood for God Save the Queen for crying out loud. :facepalm: IMO if they were going to protest then do it to both (The UK has loads of issues as well).

If they want to work together and improve upon serious causes then they should do some community service and events off the field and raise awareness and money in an organized manner. I don't think the way they ever went about all of this was ever going to work since it created more division instead of unification. Just flipping off the anthem and stuff isn't going to work for a lot of Americans who take it the wrong way even if the intent of these players is not to bash the flag, America or the troops........but it comes off this way to many. 

Has nothing to do with the anthem

6 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Wait, I'm confused...

I thought we were all on the same page.  Are we, or are we not, trying to get the Kardashians off TV?  Do I sign a petition, or do I just kneel?

screen-shot-2016-09-14-at-7-45-03-pm.jpg

Can we boycott Tristan Thompson to be banned from being with that one Kardashian girl from now on? I am sick of turning on the Cavs games and seeing her in the crowd.

:facepalm:

kourtney-khloe-kardashian-9e336877-f25f-

They are a curse too. The Cavs will never win a title again if she stays.

5 minutes ago, Jules said:

But I thought it looked pretty bad when they kneeled for the American Anthem in London and then stood for God Save the Queen for crying out loud

Didn't watch that game, I'm sure it looked bad.  But, it was part of the week of responding to what was said.

What was said escalated it.  I don't fault the teams or the players for responding.  I did like the way Dallas did it best but, I'm not a fan of proclamations about making people stand for the flag or be benched.

We are Americans, we are like cats.  We cannot be herded. 

Proclamations like Jones are divisive.  I think the commissioners memo is a better way to go.

Just now, Nadine said:

He said he'd stand for the anthem if anyone would hire him.  

Then I heard it was a made up quote by someone so I got no idea. It is odd that not a single team has given him even a workout. I will admit that.

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

Didn't watch that game, I'm sure it looked bad.  But, it was part of the week of responding to what was said.

What was said escalated it.  I don't fault the teams or the players for responding.  I did like the way Dallas did it best but, I'm not a fan of proclamations about making people stand for the flag or be benched.

We are Americans, we are like cats.  We cannot be herded. 

Proclamations like Jones are divisive.  I think the commissioners memo is a better way to go.

It was basically over before the statement JJ might have doomed the Cowboys for decades 

2 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Not sure how the Cowboys players will respond to that. IMO Jerry should have had that stance all along if thats how he truly does feel, but it sounds like he flip flopped a few times in recent weeks.

Oh well, it is what it is. Just hope it can all work out and the games can still just go on as usual.......sigh. I know many people are super angry over a lot of this on both sides. 

Just now, Jules said:

Not sure how the Cowboys players will respond to that. IMO Jerry should have had that stance all along if thats how he truly does feel, but it sounds like he flip flopped a few times in recent weeks.

Oh well, it is what it is. Just hope it can all work out and the games can still just go on as usual.......sigh. I know many people are super angry over a lot of this on both sides. 

Dallas may be a wasteland for years because of it

Agreed Flip Flopping seems to be a trend with certain people

2 minutes ago, Jules said:

I hope they find a way to getting back to the game.  Honestly, it's like on this forum.  Without politics, we all get along mostly pretty well. I think the game does unify people.  

1 minute ago, Nadine said:

I hope they find a way to getting back to the game.  Honestly, it's like on this forum.  Without politics, we all get along mostly pretty well. I think the game does unify people.  

I think thats the thing too, sports has often been a "safe" topic for most people to have fun with and forget about life with. Now it has been over run at times with politics and it saddens many.

9 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Has nothing to do with the anthem

Yes it does. I've been quiet long enough on this. You don't kneel or sit for the Anthem, to do so is a sign of disrespect and insult, and they know that. They are using the National Anthem as a platform to get their message about police brutality and inequality to a broader audience. There are other ways to get this message across without disrespecting our sacred Anthem and Flag that so many have died for and sacrificed so much for these "protesters" to have their rights to free speech, protest, and the ability to play a game and make millions for a living, must be rough. I'm glad Goodell did this.....we're about to see how committed to this cause these athletes really are.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I agree, I think the players have made their point.  It's time to find another way for the players to continue making their point in a way that brings people together instead of dividing us further.

If only.......   

Who thinks the players will obey Goodell on his wish now for them to all stand? I think we have a better shot at running the table and never losing another game this season then seeing everyone on the 49ers or Seahawks all stand with pride during the national anthem. lmao 

Just now, Jules said:

I think thats the thing too, sports has often been a "safe" topic for most people to have fun with and forget about life with. Now it has been over run at times with politics and it saddens many.

As I said earlier Sports and Politics have always gone hand in hand 

Recent Examples

1936 Olympics-Jesse Owens

1968 Olympics-Black Power

1972 Olympics-Munich Massacre; Black 

power

1980 Olympics- US Boycott

1984k Olympics- Warsaw Pact Boycott 

4 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Yes it does. I've been quiet long enough on this. You don't kneel or sit for the Anthem, to do so is a sign of disrespect and insult, and they know that. They are using the National Anthem as a platform to get their message about police brutality and inequality to a broader audience. There are other ways to get this message across without disrespecting our sacred Anthem and Flag that so many have died for and sacrificed so much for these "protesters" to have their rights to free speech, protest, and the ability to play a game and make millions for a living, must be rough. I'm glad Goodell did this.....we're about to see how committed to this cause these athletes really are.

That is fine if you believe that but that is not what many believe 

My only fear now is that some players will look at what Goodell and Jerry Jones is doing/saying as them going "full on Trump" and then they might want to rebel even harder and face punishment. Big Oppressive Daddy's demands and all that etc.

I got no idea.

I should shut up about this for the night now. lmao Okay thanks Nadine and mods for letting us do some political banter tonight in a few places again.

40 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Unless it is overtly stated you cannot fire someone over a constitutional right

If a company has a Do or Don't requirement a employee or expectant employee must be told or there will be the person can not be fired

Actually, in most states a business can fire an employee for whenever they want to.  Constitutional rights prevent the government from taking action based on what a person says.  The Constitution doesn't prevent a business from punishing an employee.

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

That is fine if you believe that but that is not what many believe 

PT you already know I highly respect you my friend, but I strongly disagree with you here, it is quiet the opposite IMO, there are many, MANY people upset about the protests, and it's starting to affect ticket sales and viewership. 

11 minutes ago, Jules said:

This. We need more ways to come together, not fewer

Just now, GOZER said:

PT you already know I highly respect you my friend, but I strongly disagree with you here, it is quiet the opposite IMO, there are many, MANY people upset about the protests, and it's starting to affect ticket sales and viewership. 

You have that right just don't tell what to believe 

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

My only fear now is that some players will look at what Goodell and Jerry Jones is doing/saying as them going "full on Trump" and then they might want to rebel even harder and face punishment. Big Oppressive Daddy's demands and all that etc.

I got no idea.

I should shut up about this for the night now. lmao Okay thanks Nadine and mods for letting us do some political banter tonight in a few places again.

:agree:      Not about you shutting up  haha   I agree with the first part.   

Hard to say, but I don't have a lot of hope that the 49ers or Seahawks will comply here.

Just now, Gramz said:

Hard to say, but I don't have a lot of hope that the 49ers or Seahawks will comply here.

Although I might not understand why they do it I am proud that they are willing to do it we need more people who have the guts to do it

2 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Well it wasn't a huge NFL issue before all this. If it goes down to just a couple of teams maybe people can calm down.

We don't live in an authoritarian state.  There is always going to be someone who disagrees.

I'm fine with that.