csmopar

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, csmopar said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000859541/article/goodell-issues-memo-to-teams-on-national-anthem

yeah I'm sure this could be politics but since it's a league commissioner issued memo, thought it should be seen

I agree, I think the players have made their point.  It's time to find another way for the players to continue making their point in a way that brings people together instead of dividing us further.

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I agree, I think the players have made their point.  It's time to find another way for the players to continue making their point in a way that brings people together instead of dividing us further.

Hate to tell you someone will always be mad and someone will complain 

Until things change protests will happen 

check out the 

1968 Olympics

24 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Honestly, I have no problem with what Dallas did BEFORE the Anthem. Got their point across without the PR mess that happens when doing it DURING the Anthem.  I thought it was very effective in that sense.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

I'm guessing the change of heart was in part due to the millions they lost in dropped ratings and the billions in tax free money they were about to lose. Will be interesting to see what happens going forward. 

Wasn't really a change in tune just a piece and Jerry Jones forced it with his statement of unconstitutional firings

17 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

check out the 

1968 Olympics

Things in this country aren't anywhere near where they were in 68.  The NFL and the networks are losing money.   The protesting the anthem thing isn't working

Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

Wasn't really a change in tune just a piece and Jerry Jones forced it with his statement of unconstitutional firings

Constitution doesn't apply to private businesses.  Texas is an at will state, he can fire anyone for any reason. And his reason for this would be violating team orders.  Just as what happened to those two college kids who tried that after their coach said not too. Revoked their jerseys right on the spot

21 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

check out the 

1968 Olympics

O.o

I didn't say that protests in general should stop or would stop.  I said the players should find a different way to protest.

Hopefully a better way.  :shake:

7 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I'm guessing the change of heart was in part due to the millions they lost in dropped ratings and the billions in tax free money they were about to lose. Will be interesting to see what happens going forward. 

That's exactly what it is. People tend to change their tune about things when their wallet starts taking a hit.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I'm guessing you weren't alive in 68.  Nothing today is like then.   Especially race relations

No but I do think there are similarities but let's s get back to the memo. From the way that espn is describing it, teams can be fined all the way up to losing draft picks if players continue to do it.  That's gonna be a message right there

No but I do think there are similarities but let's s get back to the memo. From the way that espn is describing it, teams can be fined all the way up to losing draft picks if players continue to do it.  That's gonna be a message right there

Get the lawyers ready because their will be lawsuits because they can not do that

that is like someone changing the rules because they are losing

Now that is flat out ridiculous.  Teams don't even lose draft picks for what the players do ON the field, much less off of it.

Taking away a draft pick is a punishment reserved for the organization doing something against the rules, not the player...

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Ohhh this is getting juicy. Also since Jerry Jones threatened to let anyone on the team go who protested.

lifebuzz-83e4959a68c72e05dcf37820b635f34

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Get the lawyers ready because their will be lawsuits because they can not do that

that is like someone changing the rules because they are losing

I'm sure there probably will be lawsuits, but a private employer has the right to create rules. I couldn't protest during my job.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

I'm sure there probably will be lawsuits, but a private employer has the right to create rules. I couldn't protest during my job.

There is nothing the players can do I don't think if Goodell makes this ruling. It's his league and the owners. The owners will agree to this IMO, players just cant quit because they wont get paid.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I actually added to my Post liking Baseball better at the moment is what I meant. I like unions too but if it is for the right cause. Like an employee getting fired for something silly.

What the NFL did is that silly since its is everyone's constitutional right to protest