Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coughlin Jaguars 2.0

Lucky Colts Fan

4 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

I wonder if Chud realizes the Jags Offense is one dimensional maybe he decides to implement a majority of press coverage and blitzes into the game plan. Oh just heard we are gonna play quarters and make Bortles look like an All Pro. :headspin:

You mean Chuck right?

@Lucky Colts Fan

I think some of your post is correct. Jacksonville's defense is absolutely for real. Their running game is also for real.

Those are some major ingredients to win a lot of games. 

The quarterback is perplexing though. I thought he was actually improving until last year. He has certainly regressed, and I am not sure what's causing it. That said, through his inconsistency he still has good days. I am sure the Jags fans feel like they're on a roller coaster ride with him. 

2 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

@Lucky Colts Fan

I think some of your post is correct. Jacksonville's defense is absolutely for real. Their running game is also for real.

The quarterback is perplexing though. I thought he was actually improving until last year. He has certainly regressed, and I am not sure what's causing it. That said, through his inconsistency he still has good days. I am sure the Jags fans feel like they're on a roller coaster ride with him. 

The jags beat good teams and lose to bad ones

5 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

LOL...the same Jags that lost to the Jets...??

Yeah. I know it is hard to believe, but the Jets have played better than most people realize.  :)

The Jets are tied for first in their division. Tie breakers actually have the Jets in the playoffs right now and the Patriots on the outside looking in. Obviously the season is not going to end today though, and there is a lot of football to be played. 

You can include me in as someone who is surprised with how well the Jets are playing this season. I thought they would struggle all year. 

23 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

@Lucky Colts Fan

Reminds me a lot of Gabbert

3 hours ago, dw49 said:

I guess that shows you how crazy the NFL and NFL stats are ? New England has 2 shut down CB's and McCourtny at FS.

Just wait till you see NE turn the tables with a Top 10 defensive unit by the end of the year. They got Hightower back, that is the captain of their D, and sooner than later, both Butler and Gilmore will start playing like their talent. 

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I don't think so.  They are a running team first and will go to their strength and try to run the ball.  The good news is we can stop the run.  Perfect situation for Bostic and Morrison.  Load the box and make them pass.  The good news is they don't have a QB who can beat our secondary.  Pedestrian QB at best.  Don't be fooled by the Steeler win. Five interceptions and two pick sixes.  Ben gave it to them on a silver platter.  This team lost to the Jets.  I think we match up quite well actually.  Stop the run and I think we win.  And the Titans game is very winnable too.  

The Colts made Brian Hoyer (who is average at best) look like the second coming of Peyton Manning. I wouldn't be so quick to downplay Bortles against us.

Hell, just last year we made Brock Osweiler look good two times.

11 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Colts made Brian Hoyer (who is average at best) look like the second coming of Peyton Manning. I wouldn't be so quick to downplay Bortles against us.

Don't forget that was last year.   How many new starters do we have on defense?   Our secondary when healthy is much better than last years.  Bortles is Bortles.  I like our chances if we can stop their run game. 

So let’s see, they have a superior O-line, D-line, secondary and run game. Qb’s are a wash depending on which Bortles we get. Brissett  literally threw the game away Sunday against an okayish D. I hope I’m wrong but the Jags D  and run game are going to keep them in most games. Going to be a tough game to win.

Jags have been inconsistent but in wins they have looked very spirited and organized.

One thing for sure, even if they don't go far this year they WILL show up for the Colts in at least one game. They ALWAYS do, forever........they love to play us and make it into some sort of mental Super Bowl.

They are on their way though to becoming better so laughing at them isn't as easy as it was in years past.

8 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

LOL...the same Jags that lost to the Jets...??

Whats funny is before this season many thought the Jets looked like they were going to tank the season on purpose. Nothing of the sort is happening, the Jets are trying very hard to win games.

12 hours ago, dgambill said:

Uhh Cleveland would beg to differ. There really isn't a lot different on this team but leadership from top down.

Cleveland is the exception to the rule here. Houston has managed to build itself up after being a bottom feeder for around 8-10 years. The Jets have been recently bad but had some success in the late 2000's/early 2010's after being bad for some years. Cardinals were also bad for many years in the 2000's until things sprang together for them in 2008.

The Jags also have added some pieces defensively that made them even better than last year and added a very good RB via the draft so there is some notable changes personnel wise on top of their front office changes.

10 hours ago, Jules said:

Whats funny is before this season many thought the Jets looked like they were going to tank the season on purpose. Nothing of the sort is happening, the Jets are trying very hard to win games.

It was believed that they were tanking because the FO was letting everyone go and they appeared to have little talent.  They do however have players who still want to win and this shows a testament to Bowles and that coaching staff as well.  They have surprised some people.

I am not a fan of support for division rivals but the Jags are a good team.  Bortles is obviously a weak link.  They have looked inconsistent but iMO as the season unfolds they will get stronger.  The run is huge and they also have a lot of new faces with rookies and free agents plus 2nd year guys.  Add the coaching stability they have and this team will get away from the growing pains and become pretty damn good.  They have a scary talented D.  Having so many top pick over the years has finally started to show....lol! 

14 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

People never learn. Our pass defense is even worse than last year and already some people are talking about Bortles like he's not gonna go for 300 yards and 3tds easy 

23 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Do we have to play the Jags?  haha  The Coughlin Jaguars 2.0 are for real.  The Jags defense is legit and the whole team is relatively healthy.  They have the #1 rushing attack in the league.  They have the best point-differential at +56 (the Colts have the worst at -62).  Oh, and they just went into Pittsburgh and shoved Big Ben 5 INTs closer toward retirement.  This also happened:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000859478/article/jaguars-appreciate-fournettes-crazy-run-at-mitchell

Will Geathers be back in time to help against Fournette?  :beg:  This guy is running over people, jumping over people, spinning around people, running past people...  and five of our next seven games are in-division, including both Jags games.  It's the meat-n-potatoes critical stretch of our schedule.  Hopefully we get Luck and Geathers back soon.  We still haven't lost a division game, and are currently only one game behind Jacksonville.

The fact that the Coughlin Jaguars 2.0 lost to the Jets just goes to show how crazy this season has been.  We'll see what happens.

:clover:

Yes, the way the NFL works is all teams including the Colts, are required to play the games in their schedules. Everyone is aware of what the Jags are doing. Why post the obvious?

4 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I am not a fan of support for division rivals but the Jags are a good team.  Bortles is obviously a weak link.  They have looked inconsistent but iMO as the season unfolds they will get stronger.  The run is huge and they also have a lot of new faces with rookies and free agents plus 2nd year guys.  Add the coaching stability they have and this team will get away from the growing pains and become pretty damn good.  They have a scary talented D.  Having so many top pick over the years has finally started to show....lol! 

True about the picks and now Cleveland has a gift box of picks coming up. I am almost afraid to see if they screw them up as their history shows.

3 hours ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

People never learn. Our pass defense is even worse than last year and already some people are talking about Bortles like he's not gonna go for 300 yards and 3tds easy 

Its a little mis-leading. We were without Vontae for a over half the season so far and a huge chunk came in two games and also from Cleveland playing from behind and us in a crappy prevent defense...just like the soft defense we played in the fourth quarter against SF. Bortles may indeed throw for 300 but I would be surprised to see him do it AND they have success running the ball. Mostly why we have seen the ball thrown so much is that teams have found running the ball to be a struggle and so are passing more. I really believe if we make them one dimensional and force Bortles to beat us we have a great chance to win the game....He may throw 300 yds and 3 tds...and he is likely to throw a couple picks in there too...as long as we don't let them have success running I can handle him throwing.