Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coughlin Jaguars 2.0

Lucky Colts Fan

Do we have to play the Jags?  haha  The Coughlin Jaguars 2.0 are for real.  The Jags defense is legit and the whole team is relatively healthy.  They have the #1 rushing attack in the league.  They have the best point-differential at +56 (the Colts have the worst at -62).  Oh, and they just went into Pittsburgh and shoved Big Ben 5 INTs closer toward retirement.  This also happened:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000859478/article/jaguars-appreciate-fournettes-crazy-run-at-mitchell

Will Geathers be back in time to help against Fournette?  :beg:  This guy is running over people, jumping over people, spinning around people, running past people...  and five of our next seven games are in-division, including both Jags games.  It's the meat-n-potatoes critical stretch of our schedule.  Hopefully we get Luck and Geathers back soon.  We still haven't lost a division game, and are currently only one game behind Jacksonville.

The fact that the Coughlin Jaguars 2.0 lost to the Jets just goes to show how crazy this season has been.  We'll see what happens.

:clover:

5 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Do we have to play the Jags?  haha  The Coughlin Jaguars 2.0 are for real.  The Jags defense is legit and the whole team is relatively healthy.  They have the #1 rushing attack in the league.  They have the best point-differential at +56 (the Colts have the worst at -62).  Oh, and they just went into Pittsburgh and shoved Big Ben 5 INTs closer toward retirement.  This also happened:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000859478/article/jaguars-appreciate-fournettes-crazy-run-at-mitchell

Will Geathers be back in time to help against Fournette?  :beg:  This guy is running over people, jumping over people, spinning around people, running past people...  and five of our next seven games are in-division, including both Jags games.  It's the meat-n-potatoes critical stretch of our schedule.  Hopefully we get Luck and Geathers back soon.  We still haven't lost a division game, and are currently only one game behind Jacksonville.

The fact that the Coughlin Jaguars 2.0 lost to the Jets just goes to show how crazy this season has been.  We'll see what happens.

will be a huge test for our improved rushing Defense.  I think we're better against the run than the pass.  So we shall see what happens.

4 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Scary to think if they ever got a QB. Surely after having top 10 picks for over a decade they had to put it together sooner or later.

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

will be a huge test for our improved rushing Defense.  I think we're better against the run than the pass.  So we shall see what happens.

Bortles is definitely the weak-link on their offense.  I'd call him and some of their other top-draft-picks borderline busts.  If we can stop the run and attack him, we could flip the script on the Jags.  Hooker with a pick-6 or two...

Dog-Dreaming.jpg

It would be nice to be on the "giving" end of a blowout against the Jags, like old times.  :thmup:

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

Funny how NY has fallen apart since he left.

Got the Jags definitely going in the right direction.

1 minute ago, Finball said:

Bortles had less than 100 yards of passing but his team won 30-9.

I want D and running game that can do that, lol.

Coughlin is building a HoF resume.  I don't know if he could have done any better than Ballard for the Colts up to this point, but imagine if Irsay had hired Coughlin...

13 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

LOL...the same Jags that lost to the Jets...??

Yes.  The same Jets that have won three games and for some reason have a winning record.

Weren't they supposed to be tanking for Darnold?  Weren't they supposed to be like the worst team in the league?

Yet the other NY team (minus Coughlin) is 0-5, while the Jags (plus Coughlin) appear to be a legit team...

12 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Unfortunately, Bortles will go off against the Colts secondary. Start him on your fantasy team if he's available.

As your physician, I'm recommending that you don't eat anything for at least 12 hours leading up to the Jags-Colts game.

You may have to eat a lot of crow afterward...

43 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Eh.... throw some marbles on the field.

Patriot-style baby!

19 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

As your physician, I'm recommending that you don't eat anything for at least 12 hours leading up to the Jags-Colts game.

You may have to eat a lot of crow afterward...

Here is the other side of the coin. The Jags' OL, other than being one of the best run blocking OL in the league, has allowed the second fewest sacks in the league. I don't care who you are, if you give Blake Bortles all the time in the world, he will make just enough throws to beat us. I don't think we will be in the mood to celebrate an "almost win" like we celebrated an "almost loss" last year if we lose to them. Our record vs the Jags has to worry us more than our record vs the Titans, IMO. 

To me, the Titans game is more winnable than the Jags game. However, my gut feeling tells me Luck is back for the Steelers game and we will win that game going into the bye week.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

Here is the other side of the coin. The Jags' OL, other than being one of the best run blocking OL in the league, has allowed the second fewest sacks in the league. I don't care who you are, if you give Blake Bortles all the time in the world, he will make just enough throws to beat us.

I'm not saying the Colts will win either game against the Jags.  I'm usually optimistic, but the Jags are giving me pause.  But if we do get beat, I don't think it will be by Bortles.  Fournette rushing for 200 yds and 4 TDs seems more likely than Bortles throwing for 400 yds and 4 TDs.  :dunno:

But if I was declaring a Colts win, I'd eat my crow the day after.  And if Bortles posts great fantasy numbers like @Flash7 said, I'll eat my crow with a side of humble pie.  I've had to do it on these forums before.

Actually, a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg makes humble pie kinda tasty...  :P

39 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

Unfortunately, Bortles will go off against the Colts secondary. Start him on your fantasy team if he's available.

I don't think so.  They are a running team first and will go to their strength and try to run the ball.  The good news is we can stop the run.  Perfect situation for Bostic and Morrison.  Load the box and make them pass.  The good news is they don't have a QB who can beat our secondary.  Pedestrian QB at best.  Don't be fooled by the Steeler win. Five interceptions and two pick sixes.  Ben gave it to them on a silver platter.  This team lost to the Jets.  I think we match up quite well actually.  Stop the run and I think we win.  And the Titans game is very winnable too.  

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Blake Bortles.

Bad things happen to bad teams. The Jags have a long way to go before I'm impressed. The D is good. That's the first "good" thing I can think of to equate with that franchise, besides the owners mustache in ages.

Google Tom Coughlin and Jacksonville Jaguars.  Granted his two stints with the franchise are 20 years apart, but he might be the best thing that has ever happened to that franchise.

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I don't think so.  They are a running team first and will go to their strength and try to run the ball.  The good news is we can stop the run.  Perfect situation for Bostic and Morrison.  Load the box and make them pass.  The good news is they don't have a QB who can beat our secondary.  Pedestrian QB at best.  Don't be fooled by the Steeler win. Five interceptions and two pick sixes.  Ben gave it to them on a silver platter.  This team lost to the Jets.  I think we match up quite well actually.  Stop the run and I think we win.  And the Titans game is very winnable too.  

um... we've made back up QBs look like Joe Montana the last 2 years......  Our secondary has allowed over 1400 yards thru the air in what, 4 games?

1 minute ago, richard pallo said:

I'm all for the win. I want the Colts win every game, and I think the Jags and the Titans games are winnable too.

However, we've faced "top-tier quarterbacks" the likes of Hoyer and Kizer and they both had their best games this year against the Colts. We have a really bad pass defense, and saying that they're really bad is being nice.

We also have an average run defense. Not good. Average -, ranked 17th out of 32 in total run yards and 13th in yards per attempt at 3.9 YPA.

4 minutes ago, Flash7 said:

We have a really bad pass defense, and saying that they're really bad is being nice.

We also have an average run defense. Not good. Average -, ranked 17th out of 32 in total run yards and 13th in yards per attempt at 3.9 YPA.

We're playing multiple backups on defense, so yeah they're not great.

And total run yds isn't a good stat when not every team has played 5 games.  The average is a good stat.  It's actually kinda impressive that our backups are in the top half of the league (13th) in YPA.

A healthy Colts defense could surprise a lot of people this season.

12 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

We're playing multiple backups on defense, so yeah they're not great.

And total run yds isn't a good stat when not every team has played 5 games.  The average is a good stat.  It's actually kinda impressive that our backups are in the top half of the league (13th) in YPA.

A healthy Colts defense could surprise a lot of people this season.

To be fair our front 7, or the guys mostly going up against the run, is and has been pretty healthy. Also Farley and Hairston have proven to be pretty solid against the run, willing tacklers.

But yeah, I think our run D is solid enough. I don't think our pass D will be too good by any means this season even if/when they get totally healthy, but that's mostly because of inexperience. They'll get a little better but I think it'll still be a weakness for a while.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Coughlin is building a HoF resume.  I don't know if he could have done any better than Ballard for the Colts up to this point, but imagine if Irsay had hired Coughlin...

From a talent standpoint, their defense was already pretty stacked after last year's draft. They brought in Bouye this year, but that was a bidding war and they just happened to win. I'm not saying he's doing a bad job, just that foundation was already in place when he got there. Unfortunately, Ballard didn't have half as much talent to work with on the defensive side of the ball.

2 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Scary to think if they ever got a QB. Surely after having top 10 picks for over a decade they had to put it together sooner or later.

They still need a QB but that rushing attack and their defense will make it tough for us to win against them never mind the fact we make every lousy QB that plays us look good.

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

yep..... We've got the 31st ranked pass D..... good news, New England is ranked 32nd...

I guess that shows you how crazy the NFL and NFL stats are ? New England has 2 shut down CB's and McCourtny at FS.

1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'm not saying the Colts will win either game against the Jags.  I'm usually optimistic, but the Jags are giving me pause.  But if we do get beat, I don't think it will be by Bortles.  Fournette rushing for 200 yds and 4 TDs seems more likely than Bortles throwing for 400 yds and 4 TDs.  :dunno:

But if I was declaring a Colts win, I'd eat my crow the day after.  And if Bortles posts great fantasy numbers like @Flash7 said, I'll eat my crow with a side of humble pie.  I've had to do it on these forums before.

Actually, a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg makes humble pie kinda tasty...  :P

I guarantee 100% if Ted plays that stupid Off Coverage/Zone crap we Bortles will throw some easy tds us  lol

Just now, dw49 said:

I guess that shows you how crazy the NFL and NFL stats are ? New England has 2 shut down CB's and McCourtny at FS.

They actually don't have two shut down corners? Gilmore gets beat deep all the time & butler gets beat everywhere even when he contests he's fiesty but still gives up the catch..DM is the only thing they have going for them in the secondary 

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Jags will be tough but texans could be tough in a different way.watson might toss 7 tds versus our secondary

Watson will have to throw 7 TDs every game because that defense just got a lot worse without Watt AND Mercilus.

After the Texans host the Browns this week, I will probably be dropping their defense in fantasy.  Their offense on the other hand is probably about to explode since they'll be playing ketchup every game from now on.

Unfortunately Will Fuller has already been snatched up in almost every league...  :censored:

7 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Watson will have to throw 7 TDs every game because that defense just got a lot worse without Watt AND Mercilus.

After the Texans host the Browns this week, I will probably be dropping their defense in fantasy.  Their offense on the other hand is probably about to explode since they'll be playing ketchup every game from now on.

Unfortunately Will Fuller has already been snatched up in almost every league...  :censored:

I think both fuller and Hopkins will break 12 TDs each

I think the Jags are beatable as long as you stay away from turning over the football against that defense.  They aren't really putting up a whole bunch of points offensively on their own.  On multiple occasions the final score is padded by turnovers from the opposition.   That defense is quality though.