Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AP TRADED

csmopar

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

The Saints were silly for signing him in the first place.

Especially if they knew they were going to use him like they did. That back field is stacked and so AP was never going to get the snaps.

Could be a good fit for him with an ailing QB who needs help.

Just now, DaveA1102 said:

Especially if they knew they were going to use him like they did. That back field is stacked and so AP was never going to get the snaps.

Could be a good fit for him with an ailing QB who needs help.

They also acted like AP was going to be his 27 year old self.  The guy has a ton of mileage on him and is in the final stages of his career.  Expectations were unrealistic right off the bat

49 minutes ago, mikey287 said:

I enjoy that it's in all capitals as if it was 2009 when this would have mattered...with all due respect, of course...I just chortled slightly...

sorry, we type everything here at work in all caps, forgot to turn off caps lock.

9 minutes ago, King Colt said:

32 yrs. old

Gave Payton flack ( Did AP know Payton was a prodigy of Bill Parcells? )

Cardinals OL is pudding.

Hope you saved some money AP, you are going to need it sooner than you think.

When is the last time you saw an end zone?

You have points except giving Payton flack. I doubt AP knows or cares if Payton was a prodigy of Parcells. He has a pretty great career of his own and is used to being competitive. He still holds records in the NFL and for the Vikings. I cant fault him for wanting to play in the game no matter who the coach is.

36 minutes ago, King Colt said:

32 yrs. old

Cardinals OL is pudding.

Chris Johnson is released.

This is an amazing post.

Current Information

Misspelled Condescending Supposition

Opinion

Fact

Inflammatory Remark

Accusatory Question

Everything.  All in one post.  Take notes folks.

20 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

This is an amazing post.

Current Information

Misspelled Condescending Supposition

Opinion

Fact

Inflammatory Remark

Accusatory Question

Everything.  All in one post.  Take notes folks.

You actually sat down,,turned your computer on and made the conscious decision to write "Condescending Supposition" not knowing the application of capital letters is wrong!! You keep them coming. You just keep them coming. "Take notes folks."

@NFLfan so do you think this will work out for AP. I know you have followed him very closely being a Minnesota fan. Watching him run it just looks clear he has lost a step...just can't get to the corner anymore. Maybe I'm wrong and its just him being rusty and not getting enough carries to get his engine revved. David Johnson should be back later in the season...I think this might be it for AP. Great career though! Just goes to show the longevity of Frank is something special.

6 hours ago, dgambill said:

@NFLfan so do you think this will work out for AP. I know you have followed him very closely being a Minnesota fan. Watching him run it just looks clear he has lost a step...just can't get to the corner anymore. Maybe I'm wrong and its just him being rusty and not getting enough carries to get his engine revved. David Johnson should be back later in the season...I think this might be it for AP. Great career though! Just goes to show the longevity of Frank is something special.

haha You should know my response by now. Even when he led the league in yards two years ago, I told many that it was not as impressive as it seemed. He could still bust one for 80 yards once every other game, but he was not consistently good as in the past. He seemed to lose yards on every other carry. We relied too much on him and it hurt us.

The Saints were not a good fit for Peterson. I believe he will play better for Arians and the Cardinals. But I think this is the beginning of the end for him. He will be in the Hall of Fame one day.

13 hours ago, NFLfan said:

haha You should know my response by now. Even when he led the league in yards two years ago, I told many that it was not as impressive as it seemed. He could still bust one for 80 yards once every other game, but he was not consistently good as in the past. He seemed to lose yards on every other carry. We relied too much on him and it hurt us.

The Saints were not a good fit for Peterson. I believe he will play better for Arians and the Cardinals. But I think this is the beginning of the end for him. He will be in the Hall of Fame one day.

Yeah...I couldn't watch every carry the past few years but at the start of last year and what I've seen this year he looks like he has lost some burst...to get to the corner and get through that hole before it closes up. He can't get to that next level that made him so dangerous. I'm not sure Arizona will be able to open up holes for him to exploit his skills. I mean he is still a physical specimen but then again so is Hershel Walker and he has been out of the league for like 25 years or more...doesn't mean he would still be effective. I will say behind the right line and the right offense he could be effective but the way most offenses line up in shotgun a big percentage of time and run their blocking schemes...I just don't see him getting another chance after this year....he may have a little in the tank but who is willing to spend time to give carries to an older back? I mean we saw this with TO....no doubt he could have still made a team as a wr at the end of his career but at the time who wanted to bring him into their locker room and take away from a developing young player with upside....I feel AP will see his career end like that too.

20 hours ago, King Colt said:

You actually sat down,,turned your computer on and made the conscious decision to write "Condescending Supposition" not knowing the application of capital letters is wrong!! You keep them coming. You just keep them coming. "Take notes folks."

LOL, note taken...

Note to self: If you are called out for a questionable post, and feel obligated to get in the last word, by all means look for grammatical errors, because there is nothing more offensive than capitalization style in a non-sentence structured list...

21 hours ago, King Colt said:

I was standing up, my computer was already on, and sometimes I'm just the vessel for these Awesome Posts.

You can blame the never-ending ether for Unnecessary Capitalization.

53 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

LOL, note taken...

Note to self: If you are called out for a questionable post, and feel obligated to get in the last word, by all means look for grammatical errors, because there is nothing more offensive than capitalization style in a non-sentence structured list...

Lol...yep my Psychology professor once said the first sign of a losing argument was ad hominem attack during a debate etc....attack the person and not what is said....I believe you are correct in this new age...its attack the spelling or grammar on the internet if you can't refute was has been said.

23 hours ago, NFLfan said:

The Vikings OL improved as 2012 went on and they had a Pro Bowl FB. Also Ponder got better as time went on but the Clay Matthews hit ended him. 

I do respect AP though and any player who plays for as long as they want to without caring what others think.

On 10/10/2017 at 4:13 PM, King Colt said:

32 yrs. old

Cardinals OL is pudding.

Chris Johnson is released.

Twice today

1 minute ago, King Colt said:

Can be but he was traded for a conditional 6th round draft pick in 2018. He can move if he is untouched but the tackle busting days hare gone.

I take it you didn't watch the game.  He looked great today.

What he was traded for is irrelevant.   The saints didn't use him to his strengths

15 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Can be but he was traded for a conditional 6th round draft pick in 2018. He can move if he is untouched but the tackle busting days hare gone.

So what? Even in his great playing days he wasn't a tackle buster as much as he was a runner who used his eyesight to run, not his muscle. Running through arm tackles because not too many could put a body on him.