Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jack Mewhort (Update: placed on IR)

zvich

8 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Just how bad is the articulating cartilage in his knee(s)?  What type of operation(s) has he had?  Microfracture? Autograft? Allograft?  Autologous chondrocyte implantation? 

We don't know any of that. I'd guess he hasn't had microfracture or ACI, since the recovery for those is pretty lengthy, commonly about a year, or more. It's my understanding grafting can have a recovery period of about six months, so that's possible. And that's a two stage process, so maybe that's why he's had multiple operations on the same knee. 

Up to this point, I assumed he only had a meniscectomy and/or chondral repair. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Superman said:

We don't know any of that. I'd guess he hasn't had microfracture or ACI, since the recovery for those is pretty lengthy, commonly about a year, or more. It's my understanding grafting can have a recovery period of about six months, so that's possible. And that's a two stage process, so maybe that's why he's had multiple operations on the same knee. 

Up to this point, I assumed he only had a meniscectomy and/or chondral repair. 

Regardless, he's done, at least as a Colt. That said, he's replaceable next year in the draft or even FA. 

11 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

Damn. I didn’t know Jack’s knees were that bad...  We just can’t seem to catch a break with injuries.  It’ll be interesting to see how Ballard & his staff’s O-Line picks & signings compare to Grigs’.  Regardless, it’s time to find out who the bad luck charm is in the organization and get them out of here so we can shake our injury curse.

I personally think it’s a mixture of 3 things. Grigs, Chuck, & training camp being in Anderson. We’ve corrected 2 of the 3. Now, let Ballard pick his own HC next year and let’s get back to being one of the most dominant franchises in the league...

Change the HC and we solve our injury problems.  Certainly you can't be serious.  There is no bad luck charm.  If there is something that needs to be replaced it's our field.  It's a joke and is dangerous for all teams.  The Patriots were quick to replace there field during this season.  Why not us?  Visiting teams complain about our field all the time.  We are asking for trouble IMO.  Penny wise and pound foolish. 

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yep, I set them up. Kate is doing me the favor so Mewhort will come up when we make a playoff appearance! :thmup:

Don't listen to him!!!  I earned this date with Kate all on my own!!!  Cuz I'm tall dark and handsome.  And rich.  I'm definitely NOT short, pale, chubby and broke!

(Slides $1 bill across table to @Jared Cisneros... 'you showed Kate the picture I told you to, right?  Ok, good, now help me with this hairpiece.')

:76evil:

On 10/11/2017 at 3:34 PM, jskinnz said:

Davis' play slipped last year albeit with injury issues then as well.  Since he has come back this year, you say he is rusty and that could be the case.  Or maybe what we are seeing is the start of his decline - to me that is the likelier theory.  But either way, would Ballard want to invest in an aging guy who has shown to be injury prone of late and whose play has not been stellar.  Plus he wants to get the Colts younger.

Davis strikes me as the type of guy that teams will sign in 2018 once they go through the draft and free agency and see what their roster looks like which means a vet min or slightly above contract.  I think this is the last year of Davis in Indy.

davis will get paid next year

vet minimum?  hahahha

35 minutes ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

Yeah? I remember reading that the OL talent isn't going to be very good in the 2018 Draft, but i have no clue.

If the OL draft talent is low or sparse, FA prices are going up. Not good for us.

That's what they've said about the last two drafts too

14 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Change the HC and we solve our injury problems.  Certainly you can't be serious.  There is no bad luck charm.  If there is something that needs to be replaced it's our field.  It's a joke and is dangerous for all teams.  The Patriots were quick to replace there field during this season.  Why not us?  Visiting teams complain about our field all the time.  We are asking for trouble IMO.  Penny wise and pound foolish. 

7 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

It's just my personal opinion. He's going on 30 and is an average player to me that is not worth top LT money. We may be forced to keep him though so there are less positions to address. If he signs for less it would make it even better.

I guess I should have used "possibly" instead of "probably".

EDIT: For some reason I thought Castanzo was a FA at the end of the year... so forget what I said about him going.

Don't feel bad. You will vindicated. With the way it's been with the O-line for many years now,  it's reasonable to assume that Castanzo will soon disappear in the Bermuda Triangle, leaving the Colts with no above-average line-men. What about Kelly? You say?.....In the first series of Mon. night's game, his foot will fall off. Mark my words.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Uh no and not sure what The Giants have to do with Kate Mara but

IMG_3048.PNG

Her paternal great-grandfather was Tim Mara, founder of the Giants. Grandfather was Wellington Mara, who inherited the team, and her uncle is John Mara, who later inherited the team and is currently CEO.

Her other great-grandfather was Art Rooney Sr, who founded the Steelers, and whose family still owns and operates the team.

She says if she's mad at her mom, she roots for the Giants; if she's mad at her dad, she roots for the Steelers.

That's a cool family, IMO, and that's before you realize that she and her sister have done some pretty cool movies and shows. 

42 minutes ago, Superman said:

Her paternal great-grandfather was Tim Mara, founder of the Giants. Grandfather was Wellington Mara, who inherited the team, and her uncle is John Mara, who later inherited the team and is currently CEO.

Her other great-grandfather was Art Rooney Sr, who founded the Steelers, and whose family still owns and operates the team.

She says if she's mad at her mom, she roots for the Giants; if she's mad at her dad, she roots for the Steelers.

That's a cool family, IMO, and that's before you realize that she and her sister have done some pretty cool movies and shows. 

Did not know that. Thanks

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

Uh no and not sure what The Giants have to do with Kate Mara but

IMG_3048.PNG

The Giants are owned by the Mara family.      I think one of them is her grandfather....

And Kate is a major babe!       Rooney Mara......   well....     not so much....

Just throw Clark and Kalis and whoever else out there. See what they do and maybe we'll get a shocking surprise like Tennessee got in Spain and Kline. Wth knows. This is bull s---. Change the field yes. The coaches as dumb and as bad as they are probably don't have anything to do with injuries. We just need to become a  juggernaut team at all cost. As far as the colts. Obviously they're my team. Die hard is putting it lightly. But that's all I care about. US WINNING !!!! AT ALL COST. If somebody is a sissy, getting hurt all the time let em walk. What happened to playing through injuries ???? That's what we done in high school. Coach would be like "get your a-- back out there and don't be a p----. I'd play through any injury possible if I played in the NFL. And Luck got hurt because of that last GM we had. That one WAS on the staff. Well GM before somebody corrects me thinking I'm some radical, redneck fan. Screw this man. 

59 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I'm telling y'all. Players miss time now when they would have played through it 15 years ago

Different game now.  Bigger, stronger, FASTER. Harder hitting.  Better training, better diet, better medical staffs. Much as I watched and admired my 1950s Colts, they couldn't carry today's players equipment bags, physical specimens to physical specimens.  The 1971 Super Bowl Champ Colts barely had a lineman over 260 lbs.  Today's 330 pounders can run as fast as backs did then.  To do that, gotta be close to 100% every game.

14 hours ago, csmopar said:

While you all were fighting over Kate Upton, I snuck out on a date with Kate Mara 

That leaves 63 yr old Christie Brinkley for me!!!!

My wife gave me permission, provided Christie comes to the House, and picks me up in person.....

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Just throw Clark and Kalis and whoever else out there. See what they do and maybe we'll get a shocking surprise like Tennessee got in Spain and Kline. Wth knows. This is bull s---. Change the field yes. The coaches as dumb and as bad as they are probably don't have anything to do with injuries. We just need to become a  juggernaut team at all cost. As far as the colts. Obviously they're my team. Die hard is putting it lightly. But that's all I care about. US WINNING !!!! AT ALL COST. If somebody is a sissy, getting hurt all the time let em walk. What happened to playing through injuries ???? That's what we done in high school. Coach would be like "get your a-- back out there and don't be a p----. I'd play through any injury possible if I played in the NFL. And Luck got hurt because of that last GM we had. That one WAS on the staff. Well GM before somebody corrects me thinking I'm some radical, redneck fan. Screw this man. 

Well said.

3 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

tenor.gif

I wonder if it is possible to actually sign an OL who has had a game of NFL experience and maybe was not an undrafted FA with no game experience. I know some of these guys can be a "find", but i don't want to find out on the back of Luck. There are no great OL to sign this time of year, but a little playing experience couldn't hurt considering how young we are on the OL now.

On 10/14/2017 at 11:25 AM, akcolt said:

I'm not sure what you are talking about I said Mewhort was the best G on our roster and a must resign. I think you'd have a hard time finding any non Colt fan that would put him ahead of Jackson. The problem with Jack is he doesn't move well and it looks like his knees could further hinder him. 

The idea to move Clark to LT is based on what?  LT isn't the problem with the OL  In fact LT has been the most stable spot on our OL. We have the same problems Grigson couldn't get figured out. We need another starting G and RT. 

Clark needs to take over at RT. I don't know if you've noticed or not but Haeg is the 3rd guy to play RT in front of him. You want him at LT? I thought his ceiling could be LT when we drafted him. It still could be but he's shown absolutely nothing that warrants a move there right now.  The guy is closer to becoming a bust than a starting LT. We really need Clark to step up.

Why would we kick Haeg back inside full time? He's shown  he doesn't have the anchor to start inside for 2yrs.. You really need to see that again? We need to bring in a starting caliber G. Ballard seemed to know that saying we'd be in the FA market for one. For some reason he changed his mind. That spot has to be addressed this off season 

#1 talking about the fact you'd never been excited on mewhort and rather gabe jackson be picked in draft.

#2 I know LT isn't the problem if you had a clue you'd know Clark struggles playing Right Tackle which is why I suggested his default position LT as AC is better and could switch to RT np. Using the O-Line pieces we have currently that is the key you seem to think we have a bunch of viable guys to step in instead of Clark.

#3 If clark is truly as bad as you claim he would be off the roster already.

#4 Again its not like we got 10+ viable options Haeg at Tackle or Clark at Guard or vise visa. Make some sense please. Oh and no % we need another guard Jeremy is trash.

23 hours ago, Jesse Lafantaisie said:

#1 talking about the fact you'd never been excited on mewhort and rather gabe jackson be picked in draft.

#2 I know LT isn't the problem if you had a clue you'd know Clark struggles playing Right Tackle which is why I suggested his default position LT as AC is better and could switch to RT np. Using the O-Line pieces we have currently that is the key you seem to think we have a bunch of viable guys to step in instead of Clark.

#3 If clark is truly as bad as you claim he would be off the roster already.

#4 Again its not like we got 10+ viable options Haeg at Tackle or Clark at Guard or vise visa. Make some sense please. Oh and no % we need another guard Jeremy is trash.

You might need to settle down a bit I was trying to be polite. That was lost on you. 

The idea to take the most important position on the OL which has been our most stable position and replace that player with a guy we can't block his way on the field. Well it's not a good idea. Clark to LT isn't smart It's really not viable. Why you'd think it is nearly as perplexing as why you want Haeg back inside. He's shown not to have the anchor for full time duty inside. These ideas are bad. 

I have never said anything but Mewhort when healthy isn't just the best G but the only one on the roster. I have been calling for a G for 2 years. I never said Clark was bad. I'm not so sure about some reading comprehension. I said we need Clark to find a spot. 

He may have at G. It would be welcome news if Haeg and Clark can handle the right side that leaves us with that same hole at G. I know Vuj needs upgraded and Mewhort looks questionable at best. Kelly being back getting the right calls and organizing the OL will help the line too. We need Clark to own a spot on the OL.