Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geathers "a few weeks from practicing"

Colt^2

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Just listened to Pagano say that.  He and Luck could be back around the same time.  

Best case scenario, we get them, Swoope, Rogers and Goode all back this season.  

Agreed.  That would be great.  Happy to hear an update on Geather's, especially a positive one. 

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Just listened to Pagano say that.  He and Luck could be back around the same time.  

Best case scenario, we get them, Swoope, Rogers and Goode all back this season.  

I was wondering, why they didn't put Rogers on IR, if he's missing so much time? They could've filled that spot for the meantime.

Maybe is this the answer? They expect all 3 back soon, and they can't bring 3 ppl back from IR, so they kept one of them on the roster?

1 minute ago, Peterk2011 said:

I was wondering, why they didn't put Rogers on IR, if he's missing so much time? They could've filled that spot for the meantime.

Maybe is this the answer? They expect all 3 back soon, and they can't bring 3 ppl back from IR, so they kept one of them on the roster?

Hammys are tricky, if you ever had one you’d know it’s hard to predict when it’s ready.  Not bad enough to go on IR, but apparently not good enough to come back like they thought.  

5 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Hammys are tricky, if you ever had one you’d know it’s hard to predict when it’s ready.  Not bad enough to go on IR, but apparently not good enough to come back like they thought.  

Especially depending on the severity. I pulled a hammy squatting and took a few weeks do heal up. 

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Especially depending on the severity. I pulled a hammy squatting and took a few weeks do heal up. 

I think I had a hammy my entire senior year.  Funny how you could ignore it during the game with the adrenaline pumping.

Severity can vary.  I think half the guys in the NFL probably have hammy pain, but it's bearable.  Did I hear that he tore something?

21 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I think I had a hammy my entire senior year.  Funny how you could ignore it during the game with the adrenaline pumping.

Severity can vary.  I think half the guys in the NFL probably have hammy pain, but it's bearable.  Did I hear that he tore something?

Lol no doubt. I compete in powerlifting/bodybuilding so I’m injured one way or another almost daily. You just work through it and around it. I can imagine they always are in a level of pain and discomfort. 

1 hour ago, IinD said:

A few weeks from practicing...good news for sure, but that could be a couple of months which gets us into December. We could be dead in the water by then.

Hopefully we can tread water this next month.

It said a week or two from practicing

• Superman changed the title to Geathers "a few weeks from practicing"
1 hour ago, Peterk2011 said:

So many whined about Moncrief and Dorsett being inury proned and anointed Rogers as the savior....ho hum.

55 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

So many whined about Moncrief and Dorsett being inury proned and anointed Rogers as the savior....ho hum.

Well they have been if you think about it. this is rogers first time being gone this long I believe lol but as usual this team struggles with injuries to major components..on the other hand did you see what just happened to the Texans defense and giants offense I feel bad for them haha 

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Rogers tried to come back and aggravated it a couple of weeks back. Like you said hammys can be tricky groin injuries too. You never know.

2 hours ago, Buddy Lee said:

Swoope is on the injured reserve list so I know he would be eligible as one of two "call backs" from IR. Geathers is on the Injured/PUP list. Do different rules for return apply to him?

The IR rule is the player sits out 8 weeks and is eligible to play week 9. The other means that the player can't practice for 6 weeks and then you have a specified time to bring him back to practice. I think 6 weeks. Once you bring him back to practice , you have 6 weeks to activate him and cut another player. If you don't do this , the player goes on injured reserve. So technically the PUP player could play in week 7 I think

On 10/9/2017 at 7:24 PM, will426 said:

Well they have been if you think about it. this is rogers first time being gone this long I believe lol but as usual this team struggles with injuries to major components..on the other hand did you see what just happened to the Texans defense and giants offense I feel bad for them haha 

Actually the three breakdown like this...hopefully Rogers' issue isn't repetitive.

Moncrief: Played in 46 out of 53 games in his career. Broken Clavicle.

Dorsett: Played in 31 out of 38 games in his career.

Rogers: Played in 14 out of 21 games in his career.