Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Friendly Reminder from TigerTown: We are still alive

PrincetonTiger

31 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Even though the Colts have started 2 backup QBs they are 2-3 and only 1 game out of 1st with our biggest rival just suffering two catastrophic injuries

You wont get any positive feedback on here. All the posters on here want everyone fired even the water boy.

The NFL is so hard to predict this year and everyone except Kansas City is beatable.

But don't tell that to the naysayers, they think every Colts win is a gift to them.

1 minute ago, tfunky14 said:

You wont get any positive feedback on here. All the posters on here want everyone fired even the water boy.

The NFL is so hard to predict this year and everyone except Kansas City is beatable.

But don't tell that to the naysayers, they think every Colts win is a gift to them.

I do not need "positive " feedback 

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

I tend to agree with @Superman Barely scrapped by against 2 of the 3 winless teams.

Nothing wrong with your post. Everything you said was correct. But we've seen the Titans, Texans, and Jags romp teams. While we've played ballet. But yes we are only behind 1 game. Hopefully we can stop Fournette and Watson

The Texans lost a lot last night and LF is all the Jags have

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I would very different if Houston had been able to beat KC and/or NE

and yet.... we've only beat 2 of the worst teams in the league....  both of which are still win less......  Houston actually had a shot at New England.  As hard as this is, I dont think we'd been even within 4 scores after the end of one.  We made Goff look like Peyton freaking Manning the way he shredded us.  And Hoyer was on fire too.  Once we play a top tier QB, we're gonna get exposed big time.

People can harp on the we only beat this and that team but the fact is we've played a lot of good ball too.  Especially with our QB being down right now.   I'm optimistic we can tighten this thing up as we move along here.   Not night and day but we can hold down the fort long enough for things to be interesting when Luck returns I do believe.

4 minutes ago, csmopar said:

and yet.... we've only beat 2 of the worst teams in the league....  both of which are still win less......  Houston actually had a shot at New England.  As hard as this is, I dont think we'd been even within 4 scores after the end of one.  We made Goff look like Peyton freaking Manning the way he shredded us.  And Hoyer was on fire too.  Once we play a top tier QB, we're gonna get exposed big time.

Missed my point in this thread

I wouldn't say we are to terrible to compete like must want to.  We have a bad o-line, so does majority of the NFL.  We have a shaky QB at times, we should hopefully get back Luck within the next 3 or 4 weeks.  JB has shown he can compete and has a great arm, just need some solid play calling to be put together for TWO HALVES of the SAME game! 

Plus I will say whoever we beat, WE beat!  Coming into the year you heard this and that about teams like the Pats, Raiders, Steelers, etc... They have losses and wins against good and bad teams just like all teams do.  We do not play another winless team this year.....guess what I bet we win against a few!

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

I wouldn't say we are to terrible to compete like must want to.  We have a bad o-line, so does majority of the NFL.  We have a shaky QB at times, we should hopefully get back Luck within the next 3 or 4 weeks.  JB has shown he can compete and has a great arm, just need some solid play calling to be put together for TWO HALVES of the SAME game! 

Plus I will say whoever we beat, WE beat!  Coming into the year you heard this and that about teams like the Pats, Raiders, Steelers, etc... They have losses and wins against good and bad teams just like all teams do.  We do not play another winless team this year.....guess what I bet we win against a few!

The Steelers look terrible

Princeton is right.  The Colts are still very much in the division race.  They're also not a very good football team for a lot of reasons, as Superman said.

I don't know that the Colts will get much better, even when/if Andrew comes back.  But in the AFC South, being bad does not disqualify you from the playoffs.

Just now, Buddy Lee said:

Lehigh 42 Princeton 28. It's Mountain Hawk town until further notice.

Not that Princeton 

See post

22 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

In reality it is my hometown in the Pocket Region of Indiana but it the metaphysical realm it is my "happy" place(everyone has one)

Just now, Superman said:

I don't mean to be negative. I'm just saying that being 2-3 doesn't mean this team is close to being good. Dallas is 2-3, but they are obviously a better team than the Colts. 

I do not disagree, but we benefit from our division.  

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I don't mean to be negative. I'm just saying that being 2-3 doesn't mean this team is close to being good. Dallas is 2-3, but they are obviously a better team than the Colts. 

Never said they are good just that the negativity is not needed and that we do not need to lose sight of our situation 

44 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That doesn't matter at this point 

Exactly.  I'm not thinking Super Bowl; I just want a season to watch.  Just stay afloat until Luck returns.  

With the talent on this team, with Brissett only having a month's work in the offense and with the team, 2-3 is about as good as you could expect, honestly.  

6 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

I misunderstood. The Princeton Tiger had me. I've had several Princeton alums who worked for me and so that is where my mind went to immediately. 

I do enjoy your posts though.

Not a Princeton alum, but I go to a few football games a year in Princeton.

Local college football is always fun in the fall, plus it's like $10 to attend.

Beautiful campus obviously.

11 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Never said they are good just that the negativity is not needed and that we do not need to lose sight of our situation 

I always root for the Colts to win. Our situation, mathematically, is obvious. It's only Week 5, of course we're still alive.

You can categorize it as being negative if you want, but I think it's an obvious fact that our play hasn't been very encouraging, despite the 2-3 record. 

47 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

That doesn't matter at this point 

I agree....we are getting healthier at two really really important positions....QB and OL. I don't think we are SB contenders by any stretch of the imagination but we definitely can compete for the division crown if we can be at or around 500 by the time Luck comes back. Honestly, outside of KC everyone looks beatable in the AFC....and as the season goes on and KC keeps having these key injuries they will look beatable too. Don't get me wrong...nobody is confusing this team with one that is going to run the table or anything but we have had an easy schedule...if we can win a majority of our division games we will have the opportunity to be there in the end. I would much rather peak in December and January then Sept and October. It might not ever happen but it isn't hard to see a team fully healthy with Doyle, Mack, and Luck playing along with the OL with Kelly healthy and a secondary with Hairston, Davis, Wilson healthy....hey it might happen. We have been far from full strength...and granted we have looked horrible at times and other times barely capable but I see a glimmer of hope.

24 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Missed my point in this thread

No, I get your point.  You're saying that despite all of our troubles, we are only 1 game out of 1st place, and the best team in the division just lost their 2 STAR defensive players for most likely the season and our star QB "could" be back in the next week or two, so there's a chance we could steal the division and sneak into the playoffs where anything could happen.  Thus saving Pagano's job.  Did I miss anything?

21 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

We arent great, but it could be worse. We could be the Giants. 

After seeing 4 wrs and a rb go down for them this week, i dont see them having much of a chance going forward either. Not a lot of hope in NY unless you are a Jets fan (which also goes to show how unpredictable the NFL is). 

Knowing NY Jets organization they probably will fire their coach for ruining their tank job.