Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gotta love the AFC South

ColtsFanMikeC

As bad as we have looked so far this season (sure there have been a few glimmers of hope, but we've gotten blown out twice, given a game away and barely held on to games against two very poor teams in CLE and SF), we are still tied for 2nd in the AFC South at 2-3.  The Titans will likely lose tonight to KC, so it may well be Jax and 3-2 and three others at 2-3 in the AFC South going into week 6.

The Jags are all over the board with big wins over Texans, Ravens and Steelers along with a loss to NYJ and a big loss to Titans.  

A week or 2 ago I would have said "Let's sit Luck, tank the season, and hope for a good draft pick" -- but with Ryan Kelly back and the defense looking like it may continue to improve throughout the season, we may have an actual shot at winning the AFC South w/ a healthy Luck at the helm.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

As bad as we have looked so far this season (sure there have been a few glimmers of hope, but we've gotten blown out twice, given a game away and barely held on to games against two very poor teams in CLE and SF), we are still tied for 2nd in the AFC South at 2-3.  The Titans will likely lose tonight to KC, so it may well be Jax and 3-2 and three others at 2-3 in the AFC South going into week 6.

The Jags are all over the board with big wins over Texans, Ravens and Steelers along with a loss to NYJ and a big loss to Titans.  

A week or 2 ago I would have said "Let's sit Luck, tank the season, and hope for a good draft pick" -- but with Ryan Kelly back and the defense looking like it may continue to improve throughout the season, we may have an actual shot at winning the AFC South w/ a healthy Luck at the helm.

Jags beat good teams and lose to bad ones

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Bottles wasn't good today.   The d and running game were

Yep, he had less than 100 yards passing even though Ben threw 5 picks and kept giving their offense the ball. That defense is impressive. 

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

The jags will prolly destroy us 

The jags look like a different team each week.  They have a good D and shaky play at QB.  If Bortles can't throw vs. us, we have a shot.  

The Titans are also very weird -- scoring over 30 in two of their wins (a big win over Jax being one) and then their offense barely even showing up in their 3 losses (including last weeks 57-14 loss to Texans).  

We look like a different team between quarters/halves (last week, it looked like we had a very good shot at winning against Seattle and then we got absolutely blown out in the 2nd).  

Depends what teams show up, but fact is, we're a game out of 1st place after the 5th game of the season.

1 hour ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

You know that KC is playing Texans tonight right? Not the Titans...

9 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

My mistake. Either way, I'm a firm believer in all NFL teams having the capability to beat anyone and also that a win is a win. 

I'm totally fine with that way of thinking. Me personally, I can't really help the way I feel and I just don't feel great after wins like this.

7 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

All losses by 4 points or less, could be 5-0 with a TD in each of those games. They didn't finish, but they're damn competitive. 

I know ..... there is a lot of parity in the NFL.

Could say the same about us last year and the year before (and some this year, our youth shows).

But the difference between good and bad teams is that normally the good teams find a way to win.  Which we did today so it is a positive move for us.  We are just a handful of people away.  Definitely saw some good things today......

Like Solomon Thomas getting put on his butt by DG...... 

Truthfully, there are no " bad teams" in the NFL.  Only ones that make bad mistakes or continually shoot themselves in the foot.

1 minute ago, teganslaw said:

Go KC! I hope that they stay undefeated, at least this week. 

Yes, I think this will be a good game.  And of course I want KC to win.... and then lose some games, lol.

Cant stand the war chant though, have to admit

I said before the season a lot that I thought any of the 4 teams in the AFC South could win the division.  And I still stand by that. lmao Since it looks so topsy turvy on a weekly basis.:headspin:

Jags are weird too, can't put my finger on them.:dunno:

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

And the only reason they lost to the jets is cause bortles cant throw a football 

We should all just be thankful the jags don't have a QB or they would be a legit complete team 

That's what we've constantly said about the Texans and they finally found their QB. Watson is really good. He should've started Week 1. Never understand why a top QB pick doesn't instantly start. That top pick is the future

7 minutes ago, Jules said:

I said before the season a lot that I thought any of the 4 teams in the AFC South could win the division.  And I still stand by that. lmao Since it looks so topsy turvy on a weekly basis.:headspin:

Jags are weird too, can't put my finger on them.:dunno:

Jags lose to bad teams and beat the good ones. Reminds me of the giants teams that coughlin coached. Good running game and great defense with sometimes questionable qb play

2 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Jags lose to bad teams and beat the good ones. Reminds me of the giants teams that coughlin coached. Good running game and great defense with sometimes questionable qb play

Interesting, they are turning a bit into Coughlin's Giants. lmao