Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants and Browns Lose Again

King Colt

Eh...we've seen guys benched at halftime. 1 of them was Steve Young lol!

The Giants, in a unique situation, could actually go 0-16. Teams have been bad with nothing to lose then somehow won a game. The Giants were picked to win the division by alot of people outside of New York, having made the playoffs last year. Meanwhile people in New York were grumbling about Macadoo (similar to people in GB about McCarthy) and now they have injuries piled up. Their spirit might be broken. 

And I know this forum has a soft spot for Eli but elsewhere people are kind of rooting for them to go 0-16 now because of how surreal it would be and because the sypmathy that basement teams get towards winning 1 game as the season goes on just isn't there.

3 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I'm also a huge Rivers fan but I've about written him off. He'll go down with grandpa Manning, Bert Jones, and some of those guys...a guy who just didn't get the damg breaks.

Chargers have been awful for years. It just amazes me, since I remember their peak for a while there when they were SB favorites a lot and gave us fits of hell. 

13 hours ago, Jules said:

Should be good times coming for Eli!!!

If I was him...I'd check into a run every play...that team is awful on offense. Expecting him to carry them isn't exactly fair. Two more losses and they probably let the coach go....but Eli has looked washed up before and found his mojo...they just need a lot of help on that OL.

14 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I'm also a huge Rivers fan but I've about written him off. He'll go down with grandpa Manning, Bert Jones, and some of those guys...a guy who just didn't get the damg breaks.

And we never heard him complain. Just played the game like a winner.

I didn't like Kizer coming out of the draft and I think the Browns made a mistake selecting him in the 2nd round.  I think they are finally starting to do things the right way, but it will take time.  I think this year's QB class will be better, so they should have waited to take one of these upcoming guys as their future franchise QB.

As for the Giants, they are the most talented and accomplished 0-5 team I can recall.  Not sure what the problem there is, but a lot of people are saying it's on the head coach

• 1 month later...
On 10/8/2017 at 4:54 PM, King Colt said:

The Cleveland Clowns swapped QBs at halftime. Has there ever been a greater kick in the teeth than that? Then there I the Giants with a "Manning" quarterbacking.

Yea, it's a tale of two opposites. On one hand, you have a team who relentlessly swaps QB's, and another team who never swaps QB's who should!

Eli's a cool guy and all, but the only reason they're keeping him is because he did win two Superbowl rings and he has a brother named Peyton. Ever since Peyton retired, Eli has went from an above average QB to an atrocious one.

18 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Yea, it's a tale of two opposites. On one hand, you have a team who relentlessly swaps QB's, and another team who never swaps QB's who should!

Eli's a cool guy and all, but the only reason they're keeping him is because he did win two Superbowl rings and he has a brother named Peyton. Ever since Peyton retired, Eli has went from an above average QB to an atrocious one.

Yeah, Tom Coughlin goes to the Jags and they start playing smarter football. 

It would be a stretch to even get a 2nd rounder for Eli if they were to trade him.

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, Tom Coughlin goes to the Jags and they start playing smarter football. 

It would be a stretch to even get a 2nd rounder for Eli if they were to trade him.

Actually, yea, it's definitely Coughlin. I like that reason better, lol.

On 10/8/2017 at 6:24 PM, BloodyChamp said:

Eh...we've seen guys benched at halftime. 1 of them was Steve Young lol!

The Giants, in a unique situation, could actually go 0-16. Teams have been bad with nothing to lose then somehow won a game. The Giants were picked to win the division by alot of people outside of New York, having made the playoffs last year. Meanwhile people in New York were grumbling about Macadoo (similar to people in GB about McCarthy) and now they have injuries piled up. Their spirit might be broken. 

And I know this forum has a soft spot for Eli but elsewhere people are kind of rooting for them to go 0-16 now because of how surreal it would be and because the sypmathy that basement teams get towards winning 1 game as the season goes on just isn't there.

The giants will not go 0-16 this year.    

5 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Because I point out the obvious?

I mean the Giants (since I posted) won a game. You didn't catch the date so you had to respond that the Giants aren't going 0-16 (because 1-8 totally shoots that down, and I must not have known they won a game). Good grief man.

And I'll leave the Kizer thing to that poster if they wish to get into that.

On 11/15/2017 at 3:35 PM, BloodyChamp said:

I mean the Giants (since I posted) won a game. You didn't catch the date so you had to respond that the Giants aren't going 0-16 (because 1-8 totally shoots that down, and I must not have known they won a game). Good grief man.

And I'll leave the Kizer thing to that poster if they wish to get into that.

Yep...I think he is the same guy before the draft that grew up with Joe Mixon and told us he was going to be the next coming of Walter Payton or something like that. Just be careful because I think he is Kizers Agent.