Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam vinatieri

MackAttack

He is also responsible for getting us to win the super bowl. The game against the Ravens was were like 4-5 field goals by Vinatieri because Peyton couldnt reach the endzone lol.

Unfortunately his days are numbered and we need to look into Gostowski soon.

1 hour ago, HOF19 said:

Hey I bring him back next season if he still is getting results !.......GO AV......GO COLTS !!!!!!!!

I bet he will want to come back.  He is now only 21 points behind Gary Anderson for number 2 all-time in NFL scoring.  And 131 points behind Morten Andersen.

If he averaged 4.9 points/game (which is very possible) over this season and next season, he breaks the record.  If he's still performing at a high-level and feeling good, I don't see why he wouldn't really want to come back to play another year and go for the all-time record (which might honestly make him the first ever first-ballot HOF K in league history -- doubt it, and he's likely already cemented in the HOF, but I don't see why he wouldn't want to stick around and set league history if given the chance).

Only 1 season throughout his career where he has played the whole year (he only had 1 season cut short) he has scored over 100 points.  He's on pace for 84 points this year, so say he did that and then scored 84 next year (I'm hoping with Luck at the helm he'll start scoring more), which would be his two worst point scoring seasons in his career (minus year he got injured), he is right on track to break or tied Morten's record.

14 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

I bet he will want to come back.  He is now only 21 points behind Gary Anderson for number 2 all-time in NFL scoring.  And 131 points behind Morten Andersen.

If he averaged 4.9 points/game (which is very possible) over this season and next season, he breaks the record.  If he's still performing at a high-level and feeling good, I don't see why he wouldn't really want to come back to play another year and go for the all-time record (which might honestly make him the first ever first-ballot HOF K in league history -- doubt it, and he's likely already cemented in the HOF, but I don't see why he wouldn't want to stick around and set league history if given the chance).

Only 1 season throughout his career where he has played the whole year (he only had 1 season cut short) he has scored over 100 points.  He's on pace for 84 points this year, so say he did that and then scored 84 next year (I'm hoping with Luck at the helm he'll start scoring more), which would be his two worst point scoring seasons in his career (minus year he got injured), he is right on track to break or tied Morten's record.

I remember the paper the day after we'd signed him . I'd picked up a copy of the star after work that morning, got home and was reading it, told my wife wed when the Super Bowl with him on the teams. I was thrilled. 

Now as I look back and think on it, man how many HoF will the colts get from that era, Peyton for sure, Marv is in, Edge is nominated, I think Reggie will get in, eventually maybe Freeney and Mathis, and Adam(if he doesn't, they need to burn Canton down)

13 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I remember the paper the day after we'd signed him . I'd picked up a copy of the star after work that morning, got home and was reading it, told my wife wed when the Super Bowl with him on the teams. I was thrilled. 

Now as I look back and think on it, man how many HoF will the colts get from that era, Peyton for sure, Marv is in, Edge is nominated, I think Reggie will get in, eventually maybe Freeney and Mathis, and Adam(if he doesn't, they need to burn Canton down)

Add Dungy, Polian, Frank Gore to that list...

15 hours ago, csmopar said:

Saturday was nominated this year too

sanders was on the initial list last year, but didnt make final nominations 

18 hours ago, csmopar said:

Frank Gore wasn't part of the Colts Manning era

Sorry, missed the 'era' part of that post.  I thought you were talking about just Colts since Manning has been around who will wind up in the Hall, not necessarily those who played on his teams specifically.

13 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

And even though he only played 1 year with the colts (a pretty lacklustre one too), Andre Johnson'll end up in the hall.

I am not sure if Andre makes it to the Hall to be honest.  He was a freak of an athlete and had a heck of a career.  He's behind Reggie in receptions/receiving yards (by 1 spot - Reggie is 10th in both categories) and only 40th in receiving TDs. Andre also never really did anything in the playoffs.  Reggie, also retired a little earlier, so he will be on the ballot a few years before guys like Boldin, AJ, Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, etc. are on the ballot.

I think Reggie gets in after several years of waiting and mostly because he had such a stellar post-season career (to go along with his retiring in top 10 of two of 3 major WR categories).  It is harder and harder for WRs to make the HOF these days and Andre's retirement puts him in waiting with guys like I mentioned above. Reggie, luckily, will have a couple years on the ballot before them while the WR class is fairly weak (assuming Moss and TO are elected before Reggie becomes eligible).