Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts/Trade Deadline

IinD

23 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Posts like this kill me lol oh boy we are only one game out big deal that's cause or division has played each other and we haven't yet they are all way better teams then us it's not even close 

Posts like this are an example of poor Colts fans who assume that they are all way better teams without any recognition of the actual situation. Not even close? Geathers, Wilson, Hairston won't make them better? With Luck at quarterback this team can score on anyone. I don't have rose colored glasses and you need to be a bit more respectful of my opinion. Who the hell died and made you king of football? Your lack of understanding is only exceeded by your arrogance.

I think we should keep who we have unless some miraculous ILB becomes available for trade and even then we shouldn't send any draft picks so we more than likely will remain quiet. I think we address our issues in the offseason. This year is not lost despite how many "fans" are acting. Just enjoy the ride. Some fans never even get to see their team win a superbowl yet alone go from Manning to Luck. 

AC will definitely not be traded and you are not going to find anything better at LT in the FA next year either.  Teams do not just let a guy go unless he is old and only has a year or so left.  

Why would you trade VD?  He had an injury I get it but he is our best option still.  We have depth finally but no one has shown to be the true #1 CB yet.  I would try to sign Davis to a friendly deal if he would this off-season.  Continue to make our D better by getting solid players and keeping solid players.  That is how you build a team, you do not let everyone walk and hope every draft pick you have becomes a day 1 starter.  Not feasible!  

23 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Try to sign a beast LT to replace Castanzo. In the offseason unless a team says here's a 1st or here's a 2nd RD pick for him in a couple weeks then heck yeah. 3rd for Davis. But we'll bring Mewhort back and sign another G to pair with him if we aren't liking Haeg and Good. We also need to bring Moncrief back with 12 for a full year and with a better team in general.  Then we either need to draft a big 6'3ish wide out in RD's 2 or 3 or sign an Allen Robinson for 1 year. Then lock him up long term. Or an Alshon Jeffery. Luck behind a good OL, with a good run game throwing to Alshon, TY, Crief, and Doyle would be a nightmare for opposing defenses 

You might be surprised, but I think you post goes off the rails pretty early and stays off for the balance of the post.

1) The use of the term beast is overplayed.  Drives me nuts but maybe that is just showing my age.

2) Really good LT's, beasts if you will, very rarely make it to free agency.  

3) The # of teams who will offer a 1st or a 2nd for Castonzo before the trade deadline is exactly no one.

4) The # of teams who will offer a 3rd for Davis prior to the trade deadline is zero.

5) I think the odds of Indy bringing Mewhort back are between slim and none.  He has a health concern and has not been all that good.  No sense in paying money to anyone with that description.  

6) I've seen nothing from Moncrief that suggests they "need" to bring him back.  He, to this point, has not been someone worth a 2nd contract.

7) If you want them to bring back Moncrief, then why in the world would you want them to sign Robinson or Jeffrey?  It ain't happening.

4 hours ago, jskinnz said:

You might be surprised, but I think you post goes off the rails pretty early and stays off for the balance of the post.

1) The use of the term beast is overplayed.  Drives me nuts but maybe that is just showing my age.

2) Really good LT's, beasts if you will, very rarely make it to free agency.  

3) The # of teams who will offer a 1st or a 2nd for Castonzo before the trade deadline is exactly no one.

4) The # of teams who will offer a 3rd for Davis prior to the trade deadline is zero.

5) I think the odds of Indy bringing Mewhort back are between slim and none.  He has a health concern and has not been all that good.  No sense in paying money to anyone with that description.  

6) I've seen nothing from Moncrief that suggests they "need" to bring him back.  He, to this point, has not been someone worth a 2nd contract.

7) If you want them to bring back Moncrief, then why in the world would you want them to sign Robinson or Jeffrey?  It ain't happening.

moncrief has been invisible. Thats why rogers needs to get healthy. Need another threat at wr

9 hours ago, bleevit said:

Posts like this are an example of poor Colts fans who assume that they are all way better teams without any recognition of the actual situation. Not even close? Geathers, Wilson, Hairston won't make them better? With Luck at quarterback this team can score on anyone. I don't have rose colored glasses and you need to be a bit more respectful of my opinion. Who the hell died and made you king of football? Your lack of understanding is only exceeded by your arrogance.

Your post clearly shows you have rose colored glasses but nice try lol