Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts/Trade Deadline

IinD

Cbs sports has an article about trades that would make sense and picked on two folks on the team.

Vontae and AC

Just for conversations sake, what's your view.

I'd say if the season's in the toilet by the time AL gets back I'd say definitely look into the Vontae possibility, but AC would be hard to justify unless you get a good deal...

Underneath is what they wrote..

Davis is getting back from injury and if he plays well, there would be plenty of contending teams who would want him. He turns 30 this offseason and is an UFA at season's end and would only cost $4.5M in salary to acquire. There would be a market. 

Castonzo could be sold as a right tackle -- where he would end up playing on a better line -- and with two years and $16M in total left on his deal beyond 2017, that's still not bad even on the right side. The Colts are going to have to draft an upgrade at left tackle anyway. A new team that moves him to the right side would have some leverage to re-do his contract to stay as well.

15 minutes ago, IinD said:

Cbs sports has an article about trades that would make sense and picked on two folks on the team.

Vontae and AC

Just for conversations sake, what's your view.

I'd say if the season's in the toilet by the time AL gets back I'd say definitely look into the Vontae possibility, but AC would be hard to justify unless you get a good deal...

Underneath is what they wrote..

Davis is getting back from injury and if he plays well, there would be plenty of contending teams who would want him. He turns 30 this offseason and is an UFA at season's end and would only cost $4.5M in salary to acquire. There would be a market. 

Castonzo could be sold as a right tackle -- where he would end up playing on a better line -- and with two years and $16M in total left on his deal beyond 2017, that's still not bad even on the right side. The Colts are going to have to draft an upgrade at left tackle anyway. A new team that moves him to the right side would have some leverage to re-do his contract to stay as well.

If I could trade Vontae for a 3rd right now, I'd do it. He's starting to decline and we'll be fine without him. Wilson is back, and Hairston is doing really well and should be back very shortly. Desir and Melvin are also ok too. A 3rd round pick would be much needed to continue the rebuild. 12+ games of value to a contending team should be worth a 3rd rounder.

I’d part with Davis if you get a decent offer mostly because I don’t think the Colts will keep him in the off-season and they have some depth at corner that has stepped up while Davis has been out.

I don’t see them trading AC unless a team was willing to give up a first or something crazy like that.  They just don’t have any other realistic option at left tackle right now and they have to get through the rest of the season.

25 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Not a big fan of the trade deadline

Would you rather get nothing for Vontae? Costanzo will remain with us, but Vontae is gone after the season, best to trade him for something now unless you think you can win the SB this year, and you can't honestly believe that.

I'm hoping Vontae can play well for the rest of the year here in Indianapolis. I would love to see Chris Ballard offer him a fair two year deal to stay with the Colts. If he can continue to build our defense, then having Davis here will be key. He just needs to stay healthy. He's a monster when he is.

1 hour ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

I'm hoping Vontae can play well for the rest of the year here in Indianapolis. I would love to see Chris Ballard offer him a fair two year deal to stay with the Colts. If he can continue to build our defense, then having Davis here will be key. He just needs to stay healthy. He's a monster when he is.

He is getting too old and injury prone.

There is no need to do these trades now. The Colts are only 1 game out of the division lead. Why would they want to assure a failed season at this point. If the injury bug can kindly back off a bit and the young players continue to progress, this team will be a tough out by season's end. Tanking is stupid.

7 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I’d part with Davis if you get a decent offer mostly because I don’t think the Colts will keep him in the off-season and they have some depth at corner that has stepped up while Davis has been out.

I don’t see them trading AC unless a team was willing to give up a first or something crazy like that.  They just don’t have any other realistic option at left tackle right now and they have to get through the rest of the season.

If I was GM and somebody offered a 4th round pick for Davis I would take it.

Vontae I would do. But I wouldn't take anything less than a 3rd. The pass D is fine without him. He got beat all night long against the Seahawks. Like Castonzo, he's steadily been on the decline the past 2 years, injuries aside.

Castonzo needs to upgraded but we don't have anyone who could be even serviceable at LT if he left. Unless he gets offered a 1st or high 2nd round pick, I wouldn't do it. Ballard might trade him in the offseason though.

4 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If I was GM and somebody offered a 4th round pick for Davis I would take it.

If he walks next year, wouldn't he be worth about a 4th as a comp pick?  I suppose the Colts will probably be active enough in FA in 2018 that if Davis, Moncrief, or Mewhort walk that it will probably be offset by our own signings.

54 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

If he walks next year, wouldn't he be worth about a 4th as a comp pick?  I suppose the Colts will probably be active enough in FA in 2018 that if Davis, Moncrief, or Mewhort walk that it will probably be offset by our own signings.

Mewhort I think stays now Davis and Moncrief I believe will be shown the door.

I’d want at the very least a 3rd for Vontae. He’s getting older and less healthy. And we have 3 solid options behind him. We’d be crazy not to cash in while we can.

I wouldnt trade AC. No sense in making our already holey line worse.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

If we’re not on the winning side of any trades, pass

We would be with Ballard. He's 2/2 for trades so far. Got a 4th for a TE who currently has zero catches through 4 games with the Pats, even with a banged up Gronk. Traded an underwhelming WR for a QB who is a better backup QB than any of the ones we had in camp.

7 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

We would be with Ballard. He's 2/2 for trades so far. Got a 4th for a TE who currently has zero catches through 4 games with the Pats, even with a banged up Gronk. Traded an underwhelming WR for a QB who is a better backup QB than any of the ones we had in camp.

I was looking for Allen or Dorsett to do something Vs the Bucs Thursday, and their impact was little to none. I think Ballard made the right decision in both trades. Neither will break them or anything, but we got Brissett and Mack out of it, both which have and will continue to benefit our offense.

21 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I was looking for Allen or Dorsett to do something Vs the Bucs Thursday, and their impact was little to none. I think Ballard made the right decision in both trades. Neither will break them or anything, but we got Brissett and Mack out of it, both which have and will continue to benefit our offense.

Exactly. He's getting the best value out of his trades. That's all you could really ask for. I don't think Dorsett will last long on the Pats either. He's already behind Hogan, Cooks, and Amendola. When Edelman is back next season he'll be the 5th WR.

3 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I'd look to trade Gore to a RB needy contender like GB or Seattle. The return would be minimal but it would do right by Frank.

You'd get maybe a 4th for Gore. I'd trade him to the Seahawks or Ravens, because they might be interested.

3 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I'd look to trade Gore to a RB needy contender like GB or Seattle. The return would be minimal but it would do right by Frank.

Yeah, if we got a 5th for him, it would benefit all parties involved. Gore goes to a contender, we get a 5th, and we can evaluate Mack and Turbin for next year to see if and when we draft another RB and which of the two to use with him.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, if we got a 5th for him, it would benefit all parties involved. Gore goes to a contender, we get a 5th, and we can evaluate Mack and Turbin for next year to see if and when we draft another RB and which of the two to use with him.

I doubt we could get a 5th as this is Gore's likely final year in the league. I was thinking a 6th or maybe even 2019 6th. Any return would be nice. I feel bad for Frank wasting away his final years here.

45 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We got Banner with the Pats pick. But yeah, I still consider the trade a win to get out from that contract.

Getting a 4th or 5th round pick for Davis isn't  worth it. Davis should be kept through the season to help shore up the D and help our young guys transition. He was playing lights out in training camp before the injury. He can still play and the Colts need some stability in the D backfield. 

And for the record, Gore is far more valuable as a guy who shows the young uns how its done than as a castoff for a measely draft pick. The Colts are very young; lets make sure they learn how to play the game the right way while they mature. Having a pro's pro like Gore around is one way to do that. 

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Mewhort I think stays now Davis and Moncrief I believe will be shown the door.

Yeah I also think moncrief will go he's good for one spectacular catch a game okay cool it might be a touchdown but he's nonexistent any other time and if you ever watch him during run plays there is no effort at all

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Would you rather get nothing for Vontae? Costanzo will remain with us, but Vontae is gone after the season, best to trade him for something now unless you think you can win the SB this year, and you can't honestly believe that.

Yeah, this season is wash trade him. 

4 hours ago, bleevit said:

There is no need to do these trades now. The Colts are only 1 game out of the division lead. Why would they want to assure a failed season at this point. If the injury bug can kindly back off a bit and the young players continue to progress, this team will be a tough out by season's end. Tanking is stupid.

Posts like this kill me lol oh boy we are only one game out big deal that's cause or division has played each other and we haven't yet they are all way better teams then us it's not even close 

Try to sign a beast LT to replace Castanzo. In the offseason unless a team says here's a 1st or here's a 2nd RD pick for him in a couple weeks then heck yeah. 3rd for Davis. But we'll bring Mewhort back and sign another G to pair with him if we aren't liking Haeg and Good. We also need to bring Moncrief back with 12 for a full year and with a better team in general.  Then we either need to draft a big 6'3ish wide out in RD's 2 or 3 or sign an Allen Robinson for 1 year. Then lock him up long term. Or an Alshon Jeffery. Luck behind a good OL, with a good run game throwing to Alshon, TY, Crief, and Doyle would be a nightmare for opposing defenses 

9 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Try to sign a beast LT to replace Castanzo. In the offseason unless a team says here's a 1st or here's a 2nd RD pick for him in a couple weeks then heck yeah. 3rd for Davis. But we'll bring Mewhort back and sign another G to pair with him if we aren't liking Haeg and Good. We also need to bring Moncrief back with 12 for a full year and with a better team in general.  Then we either need to draft a big 6'3ish wide out in RD's 2 or 3 or sign an Allen Robinson for 1 year. Then lock him up long term. Or an Alshon Jeffery. Luck behind a good OL, with a good run game throwing to Alshon, TY, Crief, and Doyle would be a nightmare for opposing defenses 

The early free agent lists show there isn't a beast LT yet this coming off season.

I think there is one good one...   one guy who is decent,  and then a lot of question marks.     Some decent LT's will possibly get released,  but they like likely won't be difference makers.   

Things could change in the next 6 months, but that's what it looks like today...

16 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If I could trade Vontae for a 3rd right now, I'd do it. He's starting to decline and we'll be fine without him. Wilson is back, and Hairston is doing really well and should be back very shortly. Desir and Melvin are also ok too. A 3rd round pick would be much needed to continue the rebuild. 12+ games of value to a contending team should be worth a 3rd rounder.

I dont think hes declining. He just needs better a strength and conditioning team. He is worth more than a 3rd.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The early free agent lists show there isn't a beast LT yet this coming off season.

I think there is one good one...   one guy who is decent,  and then a lot of question marks.     Some decent LT's will possibly get released,  but they like likely won't be difference makers.   

Things could change in the next 6 months, but that's what it looks like today...

We are not getting a LT better than Castonzo in FA. Teams pay those guys. The LT position has been the most stable spot on the OL. They better be careful what they wish for.

As far as trades I would let Gore go and if a day two pick for Davis I'd jump on. We play the young guys at those spots. 

Anyone looking to unload an ILB We are terrible there