Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kansas City (-1) at Houston (10-8-17)

oldunclemark

8:30 EST Al Michaels, Cris Collinsworth and Michele Tafoya in the NRG Stadium in Houston

over-under at 46

Houston rookie Deshaun (WonderBoy) Watson (74 of 114, 811 yards, 6 TDs, 4 INTs) gets to take on the NFL's only undefeated team in prime time

Watson's installation at QB has revived WR DeAndre Hopkins who has 31 catches for 311 yards

Halfback Lamar Miller has 257 yards on 68 carries...Houston ran all over Tennessee 57-14 last week.

Bit KC has been the beast to the east......stopping NFC East teams Washington and Philadelphia and AFC East favorite New England.

Alex (Game Manager) Smith has thrown for 1,067 yards, 8 TD s and no interceptions...

But hell face JJ Watt and JaDeven Clowney and a fired up Texan group that knows Smith has been sacked 16 times..

Rookie flash Kareem Hunt (68 carries, 502 yards) is the key. If he cant run here....KC will keep punting the back to Watson and the Texans

Houston's O-line plays like 5 blocks of Rice Krispie treats sometimes but Watson runs away from trouble.  The KC secondary is not as good without Eric Berry.

As much as I'd like to see KC bore us with a Chiefs-style prime time victory Houston fall to 2-3, I think this game may go big the other way...Houston wins by 10 or more

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Hope JJ is okay.  That didn't look good.

He was sent to the hospital in an ambulance.  Clubs medical staff/teams do not do that for ACL tears.  So I ran to Dr. Chao, and here is his take-

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-jj-watt-knee-injury-texans-1008-story.html

He doesn't feel there is nerve or vascular damage, but I guess there is a possibility of a lateral tibial plateau fracture, that is the worry. And potential ligaments, too.

14 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

He doesn't feel there is nerve or vascular damage, but I guess there is a possibility of a lateral tibial plateau fracture, that is the worry.

Once again, Dr. Chao was right on the  money.

This was just confirmed.  Sorry J.J.

16 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

He was sent to the hospital in an ambulance.  Clubs medical staff/teams do not do that for ACL tears.  So I ran to Dr. Chao, and here is his take-

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-jj-watt-knee-injury-texans-1008-story.html

He doesn't feel there is nerve or vascular damage, but I guess there is a possibility of a lateral tibial plateau fracture, that is the worry. And potential ligaments, too.

Yeah apparently that's what it was, a Tibial plateau fracture.  Doesn't sound good at all.  Wish him the best.  

13 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yeah it doesn't sound that good at all.  Especially if he's having surgery, perhaps it's displaced and the bone is broken, fragmented in multiple places.  The article makes it sound like non displaced can heal automatically after a few months.  

This sucks for JJ . Depends on what stage his fracture is. I suffered a stage 6 last august just had the 2 plates and 15 screws taking out a month ago. Go this week to have scan of my knee as we know im going to need MCL and ACL repair , Ill know exactly more Thursday. It sucks for sure. I had to have external then internal fixation. 

No word on JJ's injury recovery time but knowing him I would hold off all funeral arraignments for this season. Hopefully it may only be a couple weeks. Chris Collingsworth said last night the way his injury is treated now results in a much quicker recovery time than when he had the same injury.