Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Malik Hooker ranked #5 rookie after 4 weeks according to NFL.com

Yoshinator

Not sure what section to put this under, but since Hooker is a Colt now, I decided to put it under the Colts section. With 4 weeks of the season completed, Malik Hooker is ranked the #5 rookie through the quarter mark on the NFL top 25 list. Here's a link to the top 25 if you are interested in seeing which rookies are performing.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000856687/article/2017-nfl-rookie-rankings-kareem-hunt-leads-at-quarter-mark

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not sure what section to put this under, but since Hooker is a Colt now, I decided to put it under the Colts section. With 4 weeks of the season completed, Malik Hooker is ranked the #5 rookie through the quarter mark on the NFL top 25 list. Here's a link to the top 25 if you are interested in seeing which rookies are performing.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000856687/article/2017-nfl-rookie-rankings-kareem-hunt-leads-at-quarter-mark

It's way too early into the season, but it's setting up to be a Jamal Adams vs Malik Hooker showdown for the DROTY award. 

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

It’s so nice to see a first round pick not named Luck playing well.  Honestly it’s been since Castonzo that the Colts had a first round pick that’s been worth it except for Luck of course.  

I'd include Kelly in that. Injury was just an unfortunate setback.

Does anyone have any insight to how well Hooker has or hasn't played in between interceptions? It feels a little like he has been in the right place at the right time on a couple of those interceptions. BUT there is something to be said about being in the right place at the right time.

Just curious if someone has been able to watch him a little closer than I have to see if he seems to be playing the position well?

5 minutes ago, ColtsAC said:

He had a learning day vs SF....cant remember his name being called once. But that was the initial expectation, learn first, then come on strong after getting more safety experience.

He was around the ball (couldn’t keep the TE out of the end zone at the end) but you are right outside of a shoe string tackle on a running back in the fourth he didn’t do much.