Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Geathers update?

HectorRoberts

8 minutes ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

I'm not Doctor and have no idea what kind of neck injury he was diagnosed with. But he's an NFL safety who's instincts is to lower his head to tackle people. He's a beast and I miss having him out there, but I would be shocked if he ever returns to be 100% again.

Yeah, the words "neck Injury" and "NFL Safety" are usually reserved for players out of the game.  I'll be surprised if he plays again, and it may be in his best interest not to.

6 hours ago, SVFD Colts Fan said:

We should here something about him soon being that he is on PUP.  We are going into week 6 which is the last week for anyone on PUP.

Might still be a few weeks before we get a definitive answer. I do believe we have til week 9 to either put him on the 53 man roster or move him to IR. The good news is he is allowed to practice, hopefully he is actually cleared to do so soon. 

On 10/7/2017 at 7:42 PM, HectorRoberts said:

I haven't heard any news regarding his neck recovery. Is he healing? Will he be back at practice week 6? Is he returning to football at all?

George Bremer @gmbremer

Clayton Geathers is "a week to maybe 2 weeks" away from returning to practice, per Pagano. Can come off PUP after Monday's game. #Colts

10/9/2017, 3:32:06 PM