Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts new uniform design ideas

Coltsfan50

I know teams live for tradition and I agree with that thought for most cases. Such as keeping the Colts team colors the same blue and white only, and keeping the iconic horseshoe logo. But my thoughts on a new jersey design is what is on my mind. I know the shoulder stripes are iconic, but the jersey designs keep the stripes from going over the shoulder and under the arm like in decades past. The jerseys are made smaller and tighter, leaving no room for shoulder stripes or sleeve stripes. So, my thoughts are to remove the shoulder stripes completely, move the numbers on top of the shoulders and add the horseshoe logo to the sleeve. And for the pants, remove the 2 blue stripes and add one wide blue stripe.

Personally I am a fan of the away jerseys I like the white on white matter of fact all the jerseys I own are away jerseys but I do think the blue helmet white jersey and maybe even blue pants would look cool

9 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

If anything changed, I would like the helmets to change to something like this...

I feel like there is just a bit too much white especially with the away jerseys so having a slick blue helmet and facemask might be a cool idea. 

indianapolis-colts-blaze-alternate-speed-mini-helmet-2.jpg

8 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

If anything changed, I would like the helmets to change to something like this...

I feel like there is just a bit too much white especially with the away jerseys so having a slick blue helmet and facemask might be a cool idea. 

That is pretty sweet. I'd like for us to continue incorporating the old school "kicking horse" logo. 

45 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I H-A-T-E that helmet!  Cannot stress that enough.

42 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

Personally I am a fan of the away jerseys I like the white on white matter of fact all the jerseys I own are away jerseys but I do think the blue helmet white jersey and maybe even blue pants would look cool

Wasn't it in 95 that the colts had blue pants white helmet with blue facemask and white jersey for their away uniforms?

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

The Colts uni's are fine. Better than fine.

Here's hoping they're never touched.

I would have agreed but they need to at least change. Reebok had much better jerseys. So change back to the old style then never change again. I have a Luck and Manning but the Manning jersey just looks so much better, both are away jerseys.

2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

That last one looks too much like Dallas, and the first one wouldn't go well with the blue and white of the jersey I think.

I wouldn't mind incorporating more blue into the uniforms, but to be honest, I think blue helmets look too tacky.

I'm all for blue pants though. Kinda interested to see how the colour rushes look late in the season.

58 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

That last one looks too much like Dallas, and the first one wouldn't go well with the blue and white of the jersey I think.

I wouldn't mind incorporating more blue into the uniforms, but to be honest, I think blue helmets look too tacky.

I'm all for blue pants though. Kinda interested to see how the colour rushes look late in the season.

I'm a bit more of a traditionalist when it comes to our uni's.  I do like both of the first two helmets more than the last one, though.  Neither helmet would match our current uni's, so I guess I'd rather just stay pat

is our color rush game home or away?  I would like to see the blue rush rather than the white.

6 hours ago, BProland85 said:

I’d like to see blue pants with the home jersey.  Or an alternate color.  Colts and the Jets are the only teams with 2 color scheme

6 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Great....except for,the blue facemask.

1 hour ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

I'm a bit more of a traditionalist when it comes to our uni's.  I do like both of the first two helmets more than the last one, though.  Neither helmet would match our current uni's, so I guess I'd rather just stay pat

is our color rush game home or away?  I would like to see the blue rush rather than the white.

Home VS Denver. They're blue.

You can google image our colour rush, it's already out.

In fact, the colts colour rush has been out since 2016, but they never used em last year because the Thursday nighter was on Thanksgiving.

2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Don't we wear color rush every away game? 

Here's another derail.  I wouldn't mind if they went to an all cotton 1950s looking uniform with leather helmets if they were winning.  I couldn't care less what they look like.  I live in Oregon and the Ducks having different unis every week is meaningless.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why not derail the thread? It's common practice in this forum.

Firstly, I'm not sure you are digging at my comment or not, either way it was a joke. Much like this thread to begin with. These are normally the type of threads that come through in the off-season as we are awaiting football to start, but to a testament on how uninspiring this season has been and probably will continue to be, these types of threads are being started. In regard to the Uni's for real though, there is no way, under Irsay's tenure, I believe they will ever be changed. The Colts uniform is a classic NFL staple and will remain as such for many years to come.

38 minutes ago, Indeee said:

Firstly, I'm not sure you are digging at my comment or not, either way it was a joke. Much like this thread to begin with. These are normally the type of threads that come through in the off-season as we are awaiting football to start, but to a testament on how uninspiring this season has been and probably will continue to be, these types of threads are being started. In regard to the Uni's for real though, there is no way, under Irsay's tenure, I believe they will ever be changed. The Colts uniform is a classic NFL staple and will remain as such for many years to come.

You may have made a joke but threads in this forum get derailed and hi jacked every day by those who have a need to bash the coaching staff regardless of the subject of the thread.

On 10/5/2017 at 11:21 AM, Coltsfan50 said:

I know teams live for tradition and I agree with that thought for most cases. Such as keeping the Colts team colors the same blue and white only, and keeping the iconic horseshoe logo. But my thoughts on a new jersey design is what is on my mind. I know the shoulder stripes are iconic, but the jersey designs keep the stripes from going over the shoulder and under the arm like in decades past. The jerseys are made smaller and tighter, leaving no room for shoulder stripes or sleeve stripes. So, my thoughts are to remove the shoulder stripes completely, move the numbers on top of the shoulders and add the horseshoe logo to the sleeve. And for the pants, remove the 2 blue stripes and add one wide blue stripe.

Why change a good thing next topic. 

Does the NFL still have the rule about no alternate helmets? I remember teams like the Steelers (yellow helmets) and Pats (white helmets with the "old" Patriot logo) used to wear alternate helmets and I feel like I heard the NFL nixed that, hence why you never see them wearing these anymore. I feel like the Packers can get away with it when they wear their ugly blue unis because they just rip off the Green Bay "G" on the helmet -- it is still the same helmet. If Colts switched to a blue helmet for away games it seems like they may have to always wear the blue helmet if this rule is still in play.