Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roster Moves 10/3 (Merge)

bertjones7

Looks like Person's best season came in 2015, when he started 14 games at Center for Atlanta:

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/roster/mike-person/310e8f80-27a8-4f7d-8884-9ede97743a53/

2015 (Falcons)

Started 14 games at center and blocked for an offense that ranked seventh in the NFL averaging 374.1 yards per game. Helped Matt Ryan become one of four passers to throw for 4,000 yards in a fifth straight season. Made his first NFL start against Philadelphia (9/14) and blocked for an offense that totaled 395 yards. Started at center and blocked for an offense that totaled 402 yards at New York (9/20). Started at center and blocked for an offense that totaled a season-high 438 yards, including 158 yards on the ground, in a come-from-behind win at Dallas (9/27). Started at center and blocked for a rushing attack that totaled 135 yards and four touchdowns on the ground against Houston (10/4). Clearing running lanes for RB Devonta Freeman who ran for 68 yards and three scores on 14 carries. Started at center and blocked for an offense that gained a season-high 418 total yards, including 176 yards on the ground against Washington (10/11).
Started at center and blocked for an offense that tallied a season-high 496 total yards against Tampa Bay (11/1). Blocked for an offense that gained 375 total yards against Indianapolis (11/22), including 100+ rushing yards for the eighth time in 2015. 
Blocked for an offense that compiled 326 yards of total offense, including 116 rushing yards, against Minnesota (11/29). Atlanta rushed for more-than 100 yards nine times in 2015. Blocked for an offense that tallied 373 yards of total offense, including 306 yards through the air, against Carolina (12/27).

I will say, I'm a big fan of Michigan lineman (well any Michigan players) and additionally a big fan of Bentley's oline training camp.  I don't think he will take over for Vuj (although maybe) but mainly because he's new.  But I could see him getting some playing time in the 2nd half of the season.

20 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Looks like Person's best season came in 2015, when he started 14 games at Center for Atlanta:

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/roster/mike-person/310e8f80-27a8-4f7d-8884-9ede97743a53/

2015 (Falcons)

Started 14 games at center and blocked for an offense that ranked seventh in the NFL averaging 374.1 yards per game. Helped Matt Ryan become one of four passers to throw for 4,000 yards in a fifth straight season. Made his first NFL start against Philadelphia (9/14) and blocked for an offense that totaled 395 yards. Started at center and blocked for an offense that totaled 402 yards at New York (9/20). Started at center and blocked for an offense that totaled a season-high 438 yards, including 158 yards on the ground, in a come-from-behind win at Dallas (9/27). Started at center and blocked for a rushing attack that totaled 135 yards and four touchdowns on the ground against Houston (10/4). Clearing running lanes for RB Devonta Freeman who ran for 68 yards and three scores on 14 carries. Started at center and blocked for an offense that gained a season-high 418 total yards, including 176 yards on the ground against Washington (10/11).
Started at center and blocked for an offense that tallied a season-high 496 total yards against Tampa Bay (11/1). Blocked for an offense that gained 375 total yards against Indianapolis (11/22), including 100+ rushing yards for the eighth time in 2015. 
Blocked for an offense that compiled 326 yards of total offense, including 116 rushing yards, against Minnesota (11/29). Atlanta rushed for more-than 100 yards nine times in 2015. Blocked for an offense that tallied 373 yards of total offense, including 306 yards through the air, against Carolina (12/27).

Redmond is garbage so I hope Person is his replacement

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I will say, I'm a big fan of Michigan lineman (well any Michigan players) and additionally a big fan of Bentley's oline training camp.  I don't think he will take over for Vuj (although maybe) but mainly because he's new.  But I could see him getting some playing time in the 2nd half of the season.

I am too, however I watched almost every game last season and I did Not like what i saw from Kalis. His Senior Bowl practices were worse than his regular season play also. IF he can turn it around that would be awesome, but right now I'm in a wait-and-see mindset. I would have liked taking Magnuson and putting him at RG.

12 minutes ago, GoColts00 said:

I am too, however I watched almost every game last season and I did Not like what i saw from Kalis. His Senior Bowl practices were worse than his regular season play also. IF he can turn it around that would be awesome, but right now I'm in a wait-and-see mindset. I would have liked taking Magnuson and putting him at RG.

Yeah, I only got to watch a few Michigan games last year and he didn't do anything impressive.  But I do think he's a good fit as a guard in a zone blocking scheme.  He has pretty good movement skills and lower body agility, but he does get pushed back quite a bit by stronger DTs.

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

2015 (Falcons)

I dont know much about him but apparently the knock against him is his size.  That usually means strength when you’re talking about an O lineman.  

What the the heck happened to Clark?  He went from future star to current bench.   How could a guy, who supposedly worked out with the rest of the guys in the off season, lose it like that?  Is he done?

3 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

Poor Spence.......what a rollercoaster ride for that guy

Yep...but he is drawing a paycheck...there are those guys week in and week out that fall on that cut line all the time. Possibly some point another team will have a rash of injuries and he will get brought in....but I think he was a long shot to be on the team to start with considering all the guys we brought in at linebacker. As long as he stays positive and keeps working hard when he gets his chances maybe he will stick eventually.

19 hours ago, krunk said:

Redmond is garbage so I hope Person is his replacement

That's the idea.  To be fair to Redmond he was playing out of position when they put him in at center.  His natural position is at guard.  

Person is a journeyman OL.  He's been with the 49er's, The colts in 2012, the seahawks, the rams, the falcons and the chiefs.  Been in the league since 2011 just jumping around.  

Not good enough to actually stick with a team for a very long time but good enough that teams still ring his phone when they need an OL in a pinch.