Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I was surprised...

Barry Sears

I recorded the game and watched the 2nd half yesterday morning.  I've looked for something on the Forum about Seattle's decision to go for it on 4th down late in the game when they had a large lead and were in field goal range.  The play resulted in a touchdown and there were no comments from Michaels or Collinsworth about them NOT kicking a field goal in that situation, especially given the struggles of Seattle's kicker.  Seems they'd want to give him a chance to make a FG, and to not run up the score.

Yep, Seattle says "we're kicking your butt, we're going to kick it some more."

When the Colts saw him in shotgun they should have called an all out blitz. Send a message: "you can run up the score, but we're going to get a hit on your quarterback."

2 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

That is just the way Pete Carrol roles....we have to stop them...but at some point I expect Pete to take a couple whoopings when his defense isn't as good for this stuff

Yep...at least in college he was known for running it up. Technically kicking a fg would have been running up the score too. I suppose he could have just ran the ball...which is what I would have choose to do...but Pete probably thinks momentum can be carried over from one game to the next and maybe the offense is finally clicking so he wants to keep it rolling.