Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hooker on pace for over 10 ints.

Stephen

Don't jinx him!! I hope he ends up with somewhere around 7-8 for the year though. He needs to improve his tackling though so hopefully he'll work on that with the new coaches next offseason. 

How is his pass deflections looking btw? I haven't been watching the games so just want to make sure he is doing more than just intercepting. 

3 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Don't jinx him!! I hope he ends up with somewhere around 7-8 for the year though. He needs to improve his tackling though so hopefully he'll work on that with the new coaches next offseason. 

How is his pass deflections looking btw? I haven't been watching the games so just want to make sure he is doing more than just intercepting. 

I think he only has two on the season. He and Wilson combined to knock down a deep pass against Arizona, that's all I remember. He's been more in the right place at the right time rather than making plays on the ball in the air. That will come though with more play recognition. He'll never be Bob Sanders but he does need to work on his angles and form tackling. 

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's highly likely Hooker will NOT continue at this pace................

Just saying......

True, but even 6-8 would be phenomenal.  For only playing in 3 games thus far, guy is looking pretty good.  I see a huge ceiling on this guy. 

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It's highly likely Hooker will NOT continue at this pace................

Just saying......

Yeah that would be 12 for the year . It's been 36 years since anyone has had that many. Yes .. I had to look it up. . Lester Hayes had 13 in 1980.

9 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I think he only has two on the season. He and Wilson combined to knock down a deep pass against Arizona, that's all I remember. He's been more in the right place at the right time rather than making plays on the ball in the air. That will come though with more play recognition. He'll never be Bob Sanders but he does need to work on his angles and form tackling. 

He has 3 on the season. One in each game weeks 2-4.

9 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

NFL stats has him for 3. 

15 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I was born in 87, so never got to see him play, but I thought I recognized the name. Not sure about the speech impediment.

Very controversial to say the least. Yeah ...he had a stutter and was addicted to some crazy medication too.

32 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Well, I mean, being in the right place at the right time is more than half the battle. Right? :D

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

His job isn't to be Bob Sanders.   They don't play the same positron

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

The whole defense needs to tackle better not just him.

2 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

he has 3

his first was against palmer, second was at the end of the browns game

bob was more of a strong safety too, hooker is a free safety that wont be asked to play like bob did 

IIRC, one of the pre-draft breakdowns mentioned that Hooker had 40 interceptions in practice at Ohio State in one year.  The analyst said something like 10 interceptions would have been a good number, but Hooker had 40.  It was a youtube video draft analysis, and I never saw those numbers mentioned anywhere else.

43 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

he has 3

his first was against palmer, second was at the end of the browns game

bob was more of a strong safety too, hooker is a free safety that wont be asked to play like bob did 

Number of pass breakups was what I was responding to, not interceptions. Yeah, I know he's not Bob. I was just implying no one is going to mistake him for Sanders with his tackling ability. Suggesting he needs to improve.

The Colts are also on pace to give up the most points in NFL history.  That would have us taking the record from..............*drum roll please*..................the (Baltimore) COLTS.

Silver lining: the Patriots are right behind us allowing only 2 points per game less than us.