Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why are the Colts so undisciplined?

RockThatBlue

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you nailed it on both counts. Starts with coaching and ends with personal accountability.  It's amazing how far this franchise has fallen.  It's to the point where there isn't really anything left to say.  This IS Colts football.......Personally I'm looking to the future.  The bright spots are there, I believe Ballard has us moving in the right direction.  Just going to take time.

12 minutes ago, Devildog said:

It's a combination of both but I think it's mostly all about the playcalling.

I agree. There is no reason we are in an off man of 9 yards. We still give up the big plays and when we don't, they find wide open underneath routes because our linebackers can't cover. Our defense needs a new identity while we don't have players that our scheme requires. We run a cover 1 concept if I'm not mistaken and we just don't have the two cover corners and a consistent pass rush. I think things need to change in that area, but I'm not a D Coordinator nor a coach in general. Just my fan based perspective. 

If you mess up you get a pat on the back or the head by Chuck how does that fix anything the first practice after a loss like this should be instilling discipline and teaching them how to do things right not a pat on the back and to try harder next time.

It's primarily because the team is so young.    We are playing young guys and guys who are new to the program.    It typically takes time to gel.

Back around the time of the start of training camp (late July) I happen to hear Bill Polian on ESPN comment on the Colts.

In a nutshell he said he loved everything the Colts did in the off season but noted there were so many new guys and young guys that he thought the team would go 8-8 this year.     And that was when the speculation was that Luck might be back by week 3.

Ballard is doing a very nice job, but this was never a one year re-build.    The key word is going to be...    patience.

2 minutes ago, Xander said:

Well one thing has remained the past 6 years. Pagano. Pretty obvious it's the coaching. 

Look how the Rams and Bills turned around in ONE offseason when they finally got competent coaches. 

So then you're saying Pagano gets all the credit for the great success for 2012,  13,  and 14.

If he's to blame when things go wrong then he gets credit when things go well -- right?    

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

So then you're saying Pagano gets all the credit for the great success for 2012,  13,  and 14.

If he's to blame when things go wrong then he gets credit when things go well -- right?    

Lucks right arm gets 90% of the credit

10 minutes ago, Xander said:

Well one thing has remained the past 6 years. Pagano. Pretty obvious it's the coaching. 

Look how the Rams and Bills turned around in ONE offseason when they finally got competent coaches. 

We're 4 games in.    I would put mcvay and mcderrmit into coach of the year candidates just yet

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

We're 4 games in.    I would put mcvay and mcderrmit into coach of the year candidates just yet

I could care less if our coach was ever coach of the year as long as he got the job done well and so far they have props to them

Just now, jvan1973 said:

So you could care less?

If he did his job well and our team was successful yeah I could care less I am sure it would be a bonus to the coach but you don't have to win an award to be a good coach just get the job done and whatever comes along with the hard work is all extra

33 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

Lucks right arm gets 90% of the credit

Football is the ultimate team game.    Luck doesn't make that much difference.

Besides, if you want to argue that he does make that kind of difference then you have to take Pagano off the hook because he doesn't have Luck or anything close to him. 

Can't have it both ways.

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Football is the ultimate team game.    Luck doesn't make that much difference.

Besides, if you want to argue that he does make that kind of difference then you have to take Pagano off the hook because he doesn't have Luck or anything close to him. 

Can't have it both ways.

Please tell me that was sarcasm about luck not making much of a difference we are 1-3 right now and everyone in the world is waiting on who to return oh yeah AL to save the season

48 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I never once gave Pagano all the credit. Stop putting words in my mouth. I give all the credit to Luck. 

He's a bad * coach. If you disagree fine, that's cool.  but keep that dumb % away from me. 

39 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I never put them there champ. But hey if you dont think their football teams look completely different under their new coaches, cool. 

26 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Football is the ultimate team game.    Luck makes that much difference.

Can't have it both ways.

:scratch: Fixed it for you

24 minutes ago, Xander said:

I never once gave Pagano all the credit. Stop putting words in my mouth. I give all the credit to Luck. 

He's a bad * coach. If you disagree fine, that's cool.  but keep that dumb % away from me. 

I never put them there champ. But hey if you dont think their football teams look completely different under their new coaches, cool. 

Pretty sure the colts looked much different in paganos first year as well,  champ.

I'd give Pags' year one team discipline to Caldwell, he mostly continued the path Dungy laid forth. Kind of like how Dungy gets some credit for Gruden's SB.

I just think Pags isn't as good as a guy like Dungy was (strictly talking team penalties). 

38 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

Please tell me that was sarcasm about luck not making much of a difference we are 1-3 right now and everyone in the world is waiting on who to return oh yeah AL to save the season

I was responding to your comment that Luck was 90 percent of the reason for the success of Pagano's first three years.

If you want to make that argument -- fine.   Then you're also going to take Pagano off the hook for 2015 when Luck missed 9 games and you're taking Pagano off the hook for this year since we don't have Luck.

You can't have it both ways.

On 10/2/2017 at 4:36 PM, Xander said:

I know you didn't give Pagano the credit.   That was my point.    

You want to give credit to Luck and not Pagano for any success the Colts have had, but you want to blame Pagano for the teams lack of success when Luck had been hurt.    

It's a a lack of logical consistency.   And you're not the only fan here who does that.

It's all about HATING Pagano...

54 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Pretty sure the colts looked much different in paganos first year as well,  champ.

Actually the Colts had a 1-2 record with Pags heading into the bye week then Arians took over vs Green Bay in week 5. A 20 point loss to Da' Bears in week 1. Close win vs the Vikings in week 2. Loss to the Jags at home in week 3.

12 minutes ago, JTrouble said:

Actually the Colts had a 1-2 record with Pags heading into the bye week then Arians took over vs Green Bay in week 5. A 20 point loss to Da' Bears in week 1. Close win vs the Vikings in week 2. Loss to the Jags at home in week 3.

How about year two?

Just now, jvan1973 said:

How about year two?

How about years 4, 5 & what we've seen so far in 6? I just stated what actually happened in 12' and Arians should get a lot of credit for 12'. I also give Pags a lot of credit for years 13' and 14' and have mentioned as much in other threads. Just because I've seen all I need to see of Pags as the coach of the Colts doesn't make me any less of a fan (been a fan since the Colts came to town). It also doesn't make me a negative fan.  

1 minute ago, JTrouble said:

How about years 4, 5 & what we've seen so far in 6? I just stated what actually happened in 12' and Arians should get a lot of credit for 12'. I also give Pags a lot of credit for years 13' and 14' and have mentioned as much in other threads. Just because I've seen all I need to see of Pags as the coach of the Colts doesn't make me any less of a fan (been a fan since the Colts came to town). It also doesn't make me a negative fan.  

Did you read the comment I replied to? I'm guessing not.