Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is it time to move on from Hilton?

BProland85

So far this season it's been suggested we tank, sit Luck when healthy, cut AC with no replacement, trade Luck and now move on from TY. Those are just the highlights there have been other equally ridiculous ideas floating around here. What's in the corn in Indiana? 

And I have a question?  Is TY better than Doug Baldwin?  I ask because I notice the physicality with which Baldwin plays with. I’d like to have a receiver that takes the fight to the cornerbacks like he and other smaller receivers like A. Brown, G. Tate, & Steve Smith do.  We need another more physical type receiver and Moncrief isn’t consistent enough. 

lmao  man. Come on. Get back on your lithium or stop smoking crack one. Why the heck would we "move on" from a top 6-7-8 WR in the NFL period ? That is dumb as anything I've ever read here. How's about instead of that we go out and bring in a bunch more great players???? 

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

And I have a question?  Is TY better than Doug Baldwin?  I ask because I notice the physicality with which Baldwin plays with. I’d like to have a receiver that takes the fight to the cornerbacks like he and other smaller receivers like A. Brown, G. Tate, & Steve Smith do.  We need another more physical type receiver and Moncrief isn’t consistent enough. 

Yeah he's way better. And crief needs Luck. He's p***ed right now. 

2 hours ago, akcolt said:

So far this season it's been suggested we tank, sit Luck when healthy, cut AC with no replacement, trade Luck and now move on from TY. Those are just the highlights there have been other equally ridiculous ideas floating around here. What's in the corn in Indiana? 

They're crazy. Oh let's rebuild and not be good for 3 years and then maybe win 1 super bowl and yah !!! lmao  but no. AC should be cut or moved to RT this coming offseason when we can sign a beast to replace him. Not spend a 1st on a ol but sign a LT. 

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

lmao  man. Come on. Get back on your lithium or stop smoking crack one. Why the heck would we "move on" from a top 6-7-8 WR in the NFL period ? That is dumb as anything I've ever read here. How's about instead of that we go out and bring in a bunch more great players???? 

Why are you so obsessed with crack?

8 hours ago, akcolt said:

Great, GREAT post!   Dead bang, spot on PERFECT!!       :thmup:

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why are you so obsessed with crack?

Lol. Is that like a butt joke ? If not it's what we always said in school when somebody said something stupid. Get it. People on crack are stupid. This thread is stupid. lmao  this whole thread is on crack. That's how dumb it is. lmao  And lithium is for severe mental Illness. Lol. I'm just playing and having fun man. We're all brothers on here. I got love for the OP cause he's a fello colt fan. But the thought of moving on from Hilton ??!???!!?? Yeah. 

4 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Lol. Is that like a butt joke ? If not it's what we always said in school when somebody said something stupid. Get it. People on crack are stupid. This thread is stupid. lmao  this whole thread is on crack. That's how dumb it is. lmao  And lithium is for severe mental Illness. Lol. I'm just playing and having fun man. We're all brothers on here. I got love for the OP cause he's a fello colt fan. But the thought of moving on from Hilton ??!???!!?? Yeah. 

When you tell the same joke over and over it becomes less funny.

12 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

ty out produces baldwin in yards by a good measure, but baldwin has more TDs

they play different styles and i would take ty every time myself, but baldwin has been some what under rated

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they play different styles and i would take ty every time myself, but baldwin has been some what under rated

Judging by his ill judged celebration, Baldwin has no issues moving the ball.

18 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Should Ballard entertain retooling this WR core in addition to adding quality OTs to the OL next offseason? At a once thought of strength of this team, lately this WR core seems to disappear a lot against quality teams. Hilton is very inconsistent, and perhaps Ballard would like to have his own guys brought in there. With Hilton's contract, is he even tradeable? 

I feel like the defense has some pieces and youth to build around, now go out and add tough WRs who can get separation and OTs that have a nasty demeanor which will open up the running game and help keep the QB clean. 

To clarify I'm not saying trade him now, I'm saying if he has good value trade him in the offseason after Ballard brings in other help at WR. 

Sir, you are not supposed to drink the bong water

18 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Should Ballard entertain retooling this WR core in addition to adding quality OTs to the OL next offseason? At a once thought of strength of this team, lately this WR core seems to disappear a lot against quality teams. Hilton is very inconsistent, and perhaps Ballard would like to have his own guys brought in there. With Hilton's contract, is he even tradeable? 

I feel like the defense has some pieces and youth to build around, now go out and add tough WRs who can get separation and OTs that have a nasty demeanor which will open up the running game and help keep the QB clean. 

To clarify I'm not saying trade him now, I'm saying if he has good value trade him in the offseason after Ballard brings in other help at WR. 

No TY is special.  The problem is the Colts did not utilize him very good.  This goes back to coaching.  Early on in the game they moved him opposite of Sherman and he broke free with a nice catch and a first down.  He did not get moved back to that side much, or in the slot, the rest of the game that I saw.  It would seem to me with the success we had throwing away from Sherman we would have kept going back to the well.  

When Luck gets back and in his groove I think you will see TY's production spike as well.  He and Andrew have great timing.  We have to remember that all the WR's are working with a QB whose only been around for 4 weeks now.  I think they will show up once Andrew is back!

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

He out produces him in yards but he plays in a more passing type offensive system with a great passer like Luck. While Baldwin, has played in a more run heavy system. Put Baldwin in our system with Luck & he’d be a top 5 receiver. 

20 hours ago, BProland85 said:

When Luck is back to playing well again, Hilton will be playing well.  

The biggest thing is that Hilton's money is in being a deep threat and it's hard for Brissett and Hilton to be able to connect deep when they've had so little time to work together.  Also Brissett isn't as accurate as Luck is.

Also something to remember.  Hilton's getting paid the big bucks.  Trading away a guy who's already getting big bucks isn't going to net you a high draft pick.  Young players on their rookie contracts net high draft picks.  Not vets on high contracts. 

To quote Tom Moore: "football is a game of players and players make plays". 

I know people are frustrated and wanting change for the sake of change: Get rid of Luck, Castanzo, Davis, Gore, Chud,Chuck and Ted. New is better right? Not always. 

To say we should get rid of T.Y.  right now is crazy.  However, to say he may not be a true #1 receiver based on his struggles producing without Luck under center, his relative slight frame and penchant for avoiding contact would make for a more legitimate and lively discussion. I think he is a glorified #2 receiver thrust into being our #1 because he is the best we have currently.  I would prefer a talented more physical style receiver in the #1 role personally with T.Y. used on the opposite side or slot to stretch the defense. The better defenses have shown they can take T.Y. away especially when Luck is not under center. We need another #1 type opposite Hilton to give defenses more to contend with and to hopefully free him up more.