Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deyshawn Boyd out for the season

CanuckColtsFan

He tore his quad and needs surgery. Too bad, he was a bright spot.

Bond was diagnosed with a torn quadriceps, Mike Wells of ESPN reports.

Bond, who left the game on the second play from scrimmage, is likely out for the remainder of the season. The Colts are now down to their third-string center, though Ryan Kelly (foot) seems to be nearing a return to action.

8 minutes ago, IinD said:

That sucks. He definitely looked like he could improve and be a good backup to Kelly.

Did he get stepped on by Vuj?

I think he stepped awkwardly on Vujs foot.....

I have noticed Vujs feet always seem to be in the wrong place, didn't Brisset trip or get stepped on by him twice last game? Maybe he has two left feet? 

8 minutes ago, IinD said:

That sucks. He definitely looked like he could improve and be a good backup to Kelly.

Did he get stepped on by Vuj?

He was getting steamrolled and while stepping back he stepped on Vuj's foot.  Gotta' do something with that right foot of Vuj.  He stepped on Brissett twice twice last week.  This week he planted it under Bond's (sarcasm)!

18 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Dear god! Why are the footballs gods so angry at our centers? 

:pcsmash: 

8 minutes ago, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Our Centers???? More like our whole team.

They must hate several teams because yesterday was a bad day for injuries, the Seahawks suffered two bad ones

Redmond wasn’t prepared to play yesterday. Looked nerves the entire game. Was sad to see on national tv. However for his surprising first start. He did what he could do. Unexpected for Bond to go down. Kelly will be back this week though. 

That's too bad about Bond.  He was having a very good season so far and, I have mentioned on this board a couple times, I thought he could move to the LG spot when Kelly came back.

Redmond didn't do bad for his first action.  The head bob penalty was a cheap one because all centers do that.  If I were a coach I would not want to have to rely on him for too long because he has some technical issues that teams will start exploiting after they get some tape of him.  But he played with a good base, got some good movement in the ground game when he had the angle but he's not a reach and wall off type blocker... a little too slow footed.

2 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

He tore his quad and needs surgery. Too bad, he was a bright spot.

Bond was diagnosed with a torn quadriceps, Mike Wells of ESPN reports.

Bond, who left the game on the second play from scrimmage, is likely out for the remainder of the season. The Colts are now down to their third-string center, though Ryan Kelly (foot) seems to be nearing a return to action.

We better sign somebody though real shame he looked good.

38 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

Oh lord and savior Jesus, not this soon, that draft pick is looking pretty tasty right now  :lol:

Starting with a 3rd center is not gonna end well it don't matter who you play chuck need to start expressing hisself more he might get results