Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another Viking Injury

PrincetonTiger

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I feel bad for him and Vikings fans. This my friends is why the Draft is a crapshoot. Remember how many people wanted us to Draft him in Round 1?

That does not mean that he would have gotten injured had you drafted him. I still think he was a good draft pick for us. He was playing great. I believe he was second in rushing behind Hunt. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

That does not mean that he would have gotten injured had you drafted him. I still think he was a good draft pick for us. He was playing great. I believe he was second in rushing behind Hunt. 

Very true, didn't mean it like that. My point was anything can happen to any player on any given play. I just remember how a lot of people were wanting him that live for the Draft. I wanted Defense and Hunt in Round 2 and I am not even a Draft junky. I also was shocked the Bears didn't take Watson, that will be a move they will regret for a long time.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Very true, didn't mean it like that. My point was anything can happen to any player on any given play. I just remember how a lot of people were wanting him that live for the Draft. I wanted Defense and Hunt in Round 2 and I am not even a Draft junky. I also was shocked the Bears didn't take Watson, that will be a move they will regret for a long time.

Watson looked really good today. I am really impressed with him.

15 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Yep. Tough luck for you guys...first this thing with Sam and now Cook...some teams just seem they are snake bitten. I think you guys and the Chargers are like always way up there with horrible injuries to key players. You guys were my favorites to win the division...who knows maybe you still do but that's a huge blow.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

They could send a late round pick to the saints for Peterson.   He knows the offense

Lol. I know you're kidding, right? ;)

I feel bad for the guy but his days as a feature back are gone. Better options for us may be Jeremy Hill or Matt Forte. You know how much of a Forte fan I am. I like Bilal Powell too. 

13 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Lol. I know you're kidding, right? ;)

I feel bad for the guy but his days as a feature back are gone. Better options for us may be Jeremy Hill or Matt Forte. You know how much of a Forte fan I am. I like Bilal Powell too. 

Not really,   I doubt the Vikings would do it,   but he does know the playbook.   The saints offense doesn't suit him at all.   

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Not really,   I doubt the Vikings would do it,   but he does know the playbook.   The saints offense doesn't suit him at all.   

I am afraid the Saints might cut him. It seemed like the worst place for him. I wanted him to go to Oakland.

On 10/1/2017 at 7:16 PM, NFLfan said:

Watson looked really good today. I am really impressed with him.

Not only does he have the measurables, he apparently is full of the 'it' intangibles as well. Pat Kirwan gushes over the guy, and Jim Miller is fully on board about the guy too. And he has a chip on his shoulder, going after Trubisky... who will start over Glennon vs. the Vikings!

Between Bridgewater, Bradford, and now Cook, the Vikes have really suffered injuries in a big way to important players.  All teams have injuries, but that is a tough pill to swallow.

16 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

They could send a late round pick to the saints for Peterson.   He knows the offense

They wouldn't even need to do that....just take his contract I'm sure is enough. That would be like the Cubs trading for a DH....no place to play him and they already have someone that fits that description although Schwerber is getting better in the field. At this point in his career Ingram can do everything AP can and better. AP might be a physical specimen but he has no burst to get through the hole. He will quietly ride off into the sunset...while Gore I think ends up 5th on the all-time rushing list. Sad thing is Peterson would probably get into the HOF before him even though Gore has been the ultimate workhorse back and teammate his entire career.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They wouldn't even need to do that....just take his contract I'm sure is enough. That would be like the Cubs trading for a DH....no place to play him and they already have someone that fits that description although Schwerber is getting better in the field. At this point in his career Ingram can do everything AP can and better. AP might be a physical specimen but he has no burst to get through the hole. He will quietly ride off into the sunset...while Gore I think ends up 5th on the all-time rushing list. Sad thing is Peterson would probably get into the HOF before him even though Gore has been the ultimate workhorse back and teammate his entire career.

I'll take Gore. Can he be had for a 6th rounder or something?

15 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I am afraid the Saints might cut him. It seemed like the worst place for him. I wanted him to go to Oakland.

I think the best place for him would have been as a backup in Dallas. He could have got probably 8-10 carries a game to spell Zeke and run behind the best OL in football. Easily could avg 40-50 yds a game and if Zeke serves his suspension then he gets to start...but well that ain't happening...the Cowboys have bigger challenges. I'm sure the Giants would give him a look but that OL is a wreck and he would look even worse than in New Orleans.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I'll take Gore. Can he be had for a 6th rounder or something?

I'm sure a majority on this board would...but I wouldn't...he is one of the best free agent acquisitions we've made in recent years...certainly one of Grigson's best. He is a pro's pro....and you can see when you get him a head of steam like on those screen passes...secondary doesn't want to tackle the dude. He is a load to bring down.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I think the best place for him would have been as a backup in Dallas. He could have got probably 8-10 carries a game to spell Zeke and run behind the best OL in football. Easily could avg 40-50 yds a game and if Zeke serves his suspension then he gets to start...but well that ain't happening...the Cowboys have bigger challenges. I'm sure the Giants would give him a look but that OL is a wreck and he would look even worse than in New Orleans.

Why did the Saints sign him? He looks out of place. 

19 hours ago, dgambill said:

He is one of the best free agent acquisitions we've made in recent years...certainly one of Grigson's best. He is a pro's pro...

I agree. I have always liked Gore. A year ago I wrote here that I thought he was a HoFer. People disagreed with me. I think he might be.

20 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I agree. I have always liked Gore. A year ago I wrote here that I thought he was a HoFer. People disagreed with me. I think he might me.

He didn't have a flashy career but I would say he was as good if not better than Jerome Bettis for sure! He is the last of a dying breed. He is going to end up 5th all time likely....look at the list of runners he is up there with...hard to take that away from him.