Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oakland (+3) at Denver (10-1-17)

oldunclemark

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Comparing Luck to the younger QB's, I think he stacks up nicely. He has had a better career than Carr so far who is injured again and has never won a Playoff game. Luck and Cam are pretty even IMO - both have went deep in the Playoffs. Cam made the SB but played lousy in it which is negative mark and he didn't have go to through the Pats to get there like Luck did. Luck lost to the Pats which was basically the SB. Both Cam and Luck have had put up some great numbers. Cam has won an MVP but Luck has a season where he threw for 40 TD's. Luck has outlasted guys like RG3 and Kaepernick as well. Only Russell Wilson has won a SB since that Draft when he and Luck came out of the youngsters and even there, he didn't even play great. It was his Defense that won that game. Wilson also has the biggest choke job in a SB which is a huge negative.

Really? Did you miss last year's SB?

Wilson at least has won an SB style points only matter to those who want to dismiss it.

Putting that aside Luck is good not elite though. Wilson has been a lot more consistent compared to Luck. Which is really all that's needed for a franchise QB. He's one for Seattle and for some reason people around here don't want to give him credit for that.

7 minutes ago, CF4L said:

Really? Did you miss last year's SB?

Wilson at least has won an SB style points only matter to those who want to dismiss it.

Putting that aside Luck is good not elite though. Wilson has been a lot more consistent compared to Luck. Which is really all that's needed for a franchise QB. He's one for Seattle and for some reason people around here don't want to give him credit for that.

Just like Irsay is an elite owner even if people don't want to acknowledge it, get my drift :sip:

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just like Irsay is an elite owner even if people don't want to acknowledge it, get my drift :sip:

:violin:

I guess it depends on what you define as elite?

Even Jimbo thought the Manning years weren't elite with just 1 ring he lamented about. 

So what exactly has he done since that has been so elite? 

2 minutes ago, CF4L said:

:violin:

I guess it depends on what you define as elite?

Even Jimbo thought the Manning years weren't elite with just 1 ring he lamented about. 

So what exactly has he done since that has been so elite? 

2nd best record over the last 20 seasons and have won a SB. You can say Peyton was the main reason but who drafted him over Leaf? Irsay did, he even told Polian we are going with Peyton. Irsay also made sure we Drafted Luck over RG3.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2nd best record over the last 20 seasons and have won a SB. You can say Peyton was the main reason but who drafted him over Leaf? Irsay did, he even told Polian we are going with Peyton. Irsay also made sure we Drafted Luck over RG3.

That was the only thing separating him from Browns of the world but you didn't answer my question: What has he done since the Manning years that has been so elite?

The team was better off when Irsay had little media presence like the Polian years. 

I don't think he's an elite owner but he's not the worst one either. 

4 minutes ago, CF4L said:

That was the only thing separating him from Browns of the world but you didn't answer my question: What has he done since the Manning years that has been so elite?

The team was better off when Irsay had little media presence like the Polian years. 

I don't think he's an elite owner but he's not the worst one either. 

We went 11-5 3 years in a row and made a Championship Game which is still better than what 75% of teams have done since Luck as been QB. Remember Irsay is why Luck is here. When Luck wins a SB, what will you say then? It will happen. Problem is some people need to learn how to have patience. It took Peyton 9 years to win it. You were probably in that group that thought Peyton was a choker and said he would never win it because of losing every year.

Carr apparently suffered a fracture of a transverse process.  He will miss 1, possibly 2 games at most.  Tony Romo himself played the rest of a game with similar injury, then missed one game. Then flew to London and played.  It is painful, but no threat for serious neurological ramifications.  Carr's pain tolerance and functional level with it will determine when he is back under center again. But should be sooner rather than later in this case.

23 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Carr apparently suffered a fracture of a transverse process.  He will miss 1, possibly 2 games at most.  Tony Romo himself played the rest of a game with similar injury, then missed one game. Then flew to London and played.  It is painful, but no threat for serious neurological ramifications.  Carr's pain tolerance and functional level with it will determine when he is back under center again. But should be sooner rather than later in this case.

I imagine he sits a week and hopes the nerves etc settles down and he will try to play after that. Going to be tough as you need your flexibility and full range of motion to throw the ball accurately.