Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oakland (+3) at Denver (10-1-17)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST....Jim Nantz, 'Motor Mouth' Tony Romo and Tracy Wolfson on CBS

Mid-76s and sunny..in the Mile High Stadium in Denver.....over-under at 46

The 114th meeting of old American Football League powers......sends the high-powered Oakland offense into Denver's 'No Fly Zone'

But what's up here. Oakland scored a mighty, mighty 10 points last Monday night at Washington and Denver has allowed 7 TD passes in 3 games.

Derek Carr (64 of 91, 610 yards, 6 TDs 2 INTs) has big tie receivers in Michael Crabtree (13 catches, 170 yards), Amari Cooper (10 catches, 101 yards and tight end Derek Cook (13 catches, 124 yards).  Denver struggles covering tight ends (Might have been why they let TJ Ward go) .

Denver 'Everyman' Trevor Siemian (63 of 100, 709 yards, 6 TDs, 4 INTs) is on the rise but he foes hold the ball a lot and that could get him stomped by Oakland OLB Kahlil Mack.

Watch 'Born again' Bronco Jamaal Charles who has 142 yards on 28 carries and looks surprisingly good for a guy who has basically missed 2 years with injuries.

The Raiders have not intercepted a pass in 3 games so they have to sack Siemian who has been laid low 9 times in 3 games

This is the first of the six matchups between AFC west powers Kansas City, Oakland and Denver and the Broncos cant afford to lose at home.

These are always fun games with lots of penalties and player arguments.  This is goin gto ba hard one for Oakland to win on the road unless their secondary is better than its been.

I'd take the Broncos even giving up 3 points but the big deal here is the 'over'   Both team run the ball well and this is 'field goal heaven.

'

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Carr just got hurt....hopes he's okay...got kicked in the back

There are people that actually think he is better than Luck. Sorry he isn't, win a Playoff game before I hear that stuff. Carr loses to great defenses over and over. I like him but I am just calling out people that say he is better than Luck. Luck has had a much better career. Denver is controlling this game.

Comparing Luck to the younger QB's, I think he stacks up nicely. He has had a better career than Carr so far who is injured again and has never won a Playoff game. Luck and Cam are pretty even IMO - both have went deep in the Playoffs. Cam made the SB but played lousy in it which is negative mark and he didn't have go to through the Pats to get there like Luck did. Luck lost to the Pats which was basically the SB. Both Cam and Luck have had put up some great numbers. Cam has won an MVP but Luck has a season where he threw for 40 TD's. Luck has outlasted guys like RG3 and Kaepernick as well. Only Russell Wilson has won a SB since that Draft when he and Luck came out of the youngsters and even there, he didn't even play great. It was his Defense that won that game. Wilson also has the biggest choke job in a SB which is a huge negative.