Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I just watched...

6 hours ago, SP_21 said:

Have any of you watched Skai Moore out of South Carolina?

He was out all of last season with a neck injury but has started every game this season. 

Above average athleticism and plus coverage ability. Team player and leader. Can be inconsistent shedding blocks and was pretty light for a LB. He may have bulked up a bit in the offseason though. 

Saw his name pop in the Walter Football’s positional rankings and was curious. He’s a top 10 ranked ILB on their site. What are some games to watch?

12 hours ago, SP_21 said:

He was out all of last season with a neck injury but has started every game this season. 

Above average athleticism and plus coverage ability. Team player and leader. Can be inconsistent shedding blocks and was pretty light for a LB. He may have bulked up a bit in the offseason though. 

I have heard his name but I haven't watched him. As far as I remember he was injured for a while and he's one of the best coverage LBs. I think he had something crazy like double digit INT from the ILB position. I haven't watched him play though. Might be worth a look. 

23 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Saw his name pop in the Walter Football’s positional rankings and was curious. He’s a top 10 ranked ILB on their site. What are some games to watch?

I don't know what Draft Breakdown has on him but if you can find it the NC State game from 2015 really optimizes his game. Two interceptions in the end zone. 

Joshua Jackson from Iowa might be the best corner in this year's draft. He did this last week:

And he just had a pick six against unbeaten Wisconsin. This is his sixth pick of the season.   Incredible ballskills. Colts fans should watch. He's the exact type Ballard loves. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

Joshua Jackson from Iowa might be the best corner in this year's draft. He did this last week:

And he just had a pick six against unbeaten Wisconsin. This is his sixth pick of the season.   Incredible ballskills. Colts fans should watch. He's the exact type Ballard loves. 

He was looking really good even before his explosion against Ohio State.   I agree that he is looking like the best corner in the draft right now.  I've heard Iowa players rarely declare early though.

20 hours ago, bananabucket said:

He was looking really good even before his explosion against Ohio State.   I agree that he is looking like the best corner in the draft right now.  I've heard Iowa players rarely declare early though.

Iowa is the best team in the country at developing players. It's incredible 

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Since we’ve been talking about ILBs a lot, I’m starting to like TJ Edwards from Wisconsin. His production is unbelievable and he’s got a bunch of interceptions. Was the Cotton Bowl defensive MVP.

Haven't watched him, what's he like? 

9 hours ago, stitches said:

Haven't watched him, what's he like? 

Looks pretty beefy on tape. But has good coverage skills. In zone he’s awesome but he also looks like one of the few ILBs who can play in man. Textbook tackling. If you just type his name in YouTube, you’ll get a bunch of videos of interceptions he’s had.

Connor Williams has been very VERY good(this is a weird exercise - I pretty much watch only him on Texas' offensive snaps). I don't think he's allowed even 1 pressure and it's Q4. He also is a solid blocker in the run game. The one thing that I'm not a huge fan of him doing is lunging and dive blocking. This probably has more to do with how they are teaching him and what they want him to do rather than him doing it on his own accord. BTW, Malik Jefferson looks good. 

On 11/10/2017 at 12:01 AM, SP_21 said:

Skai Moore just made his 14th pick of his career. This is a record for his school... and he's a linebacker! 

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Looks really thin on tape. I’d say he’s probably 220 lbs. max

The new NFL is going slimmer at LB and seem to value side-to-side mobility and cover ability more and more instead of thumper types' skillset... Of course ideally he will be able to do both, but that's why we are talking about a guy you probably will be able to get on day 3 or late day 2, instead of having to get him round 1 or 2. 

26 minutes ago, stitches said:

The new NFL is going slimmer at LB and seem to value side-to-side mobility and cover ability more and more instead of thumper types' skillset... Of course ideally he will be able to do both, but that's why we are talking about a guy you probably will be able to get on day 3 or late day 2, instead of having to get him round 1 or 2. 

RBs are getting bigger though. I don’t want thin LBs. 225-240 should be the range that all ILBs play at.

6 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

RBs are getting bigger though. I don’t want thin LBs. 225-240 should be the range that all ILBs play at.

Well, if he's at 220 now, I don't think it would be a huge problem for him to bulk up 5-10 pounds in an NFL strength and conditioning program. 

11 hours ago, stitches said:

Well, if he's at 220 now, I don't think it would be a huge problem for him to bulk up 5-10 pounds in an NFL strength and conditioning program. 

Depends on his frame. If he doesn’t show up to the combine at at least 230 then it could mean he’s maxed out his frame. But I’d like to see if he can put on weight before the draft. That’s what Leonard Floyd did.

20 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Depends on his frame. If he doesn’t show up to the combine at at least 230 then it could mean he’s maxed out his frame. But I’d like to see if he can put on weight before the draft. That’s what Leonard Floyd did.

I don't think he's gonna get much bigger. Might bulk up to 225 for the combine. It doesn't seem to be a hindrance against the run. Skai can slip/shed blocks very well and has enough strength to bring SEC backs down consistently.