Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sunday night PRIMETIME

horseshoecrabs

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I admit it will be a tough game, we have to travel back in time to the west coast and play in a very loud environment.

But you said we were "OVER MATCHED" (your capitalization, not mine) which is what I was disagreeing with.  We're pretty evenly matched, and "Rose Colored Glasses" have nothing to do with it.  Looking at it objectively, our roster matches up against theirs pretty well.

It should be a good game, and could go either way.

:clover:

I think the Colts have a very good chance to win this game. Too many are talking about the Seahawks but they are also 1-2. So they haven't done anything to get too excited about. Seattle is not the same team as in the past.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I will never abandon "my" team- No matter what happens

I didn't abandoned my team. Been a huge fan since grade school. Suffered the better part of two decades of the Dark Ages from the end of the Bert Jones era to Manning. That was a Lot of losing and pathetic football.

But that doesn't mean that I have to lie to myself and others that we are  presently a good foot ball team. IMO, and a lot of others, we are not. 

And of course I hope we beat Seattle, but there's a good chance we won't. AND there's a chance the game could be ugly. 

4 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I didn't abandoned my team. Been a huge fan since grade school. Suffered the better part of two decades of the Dark Ages from the end of the Bert Jones era to Manning. That was a Lot of losing and pathetic football.

But that doesn't mean that I have to lie to myself and others that we are  presently a good foot ball team. IMO, and a lot of others, we are not. 

And of course I hope we beat Seattle, but there's a good chance we won't. AND there's a chance the game could be ugly. 

Okay Never said you did just stating how things work  here in TigerTown

everything Will Be fine. 

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Maybe there are some of us that know this team is not great but we don't feel or think we need to sit around and get a woe is me attitude and bring nothing but negativity to the room.

For those of you guys locally with Direct TV how will you be watching the game?  With 13 and Direct in a contract dispute Direct TV customers in the Indy market can't see it via the satellite.  I know several years ago when NFL network first started airing games one of the other channels was allowed to air the game for the locally teams due to the large number of people who did not have NFL network.  I'm guessing nobody else will be airing the game tonight?  

1 hour ago, midwest said:

For those of you guys locally with Direct TV how will you be watching the game?  With 13 and Direct in a contract dispute Direct TV customers in the Indy market can't see it via the satellite.  I know several years ago when NFL network first started airing games one of the other channels was allowed to air the game for the locally teams due to the large number of people who did not have NFL network.  I'm guessing nobody else will be airing the game tonight?  

It's a prime time game so, you can watch it with an over the air antenna. Inexpensive and easy to set up.  You can pick one up at a big box store.  I use Mohu Leaf

Any illegal way of watching the game can't be discussed here

2 minutes ago, Nadine said:

It's a prime time game so, you can watch it with an over the air antenna. Inexpensive and easy to set up.  You can pick one up at a big box store.  I use Mohu Leaf

I'm clear on discussing the illegal ways.  I just didn't know if any other local channels were going to be allowed to air it as they did in the past.  I need to see if Direct TV has a way to watch it online via their app or website????

12 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Looks like I will not have to worry about it

41 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Wait, if I don't have the express written consent of the NFL, is my live-puppet-show-interpretation of the game going to be considered illegal?  I'm trying to provide a way for folks without NBC to watch the game...

"It's 1st and 10 for the Colts at their own 25.  Doyle lined up by the RT, TY on the right, Moncrief on the left, Brissett and Gore in the shotgun."

image.png.97e120517edbd6cf632750d042928029.png

"Seattle blitzes 6!  Brissett avoids the rush, steps up and launches the ball deep..."

image.thumb.png.85c8322ae907f212f0b951be991390e5.png

"TOUCHDOWN TO TY HILTON!!!  Moncrief and Doyle are in the endzone celebrating with TY!!!"

image.thumb.png.37d323c3165665bd8aef1601da5fbcd9.png

2 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Wait, if I don't have the express written consent of the NFL, is my live-puppet-show-interpretation of the game going to be considered illegal?  I'm trying to provide a way for folks without NBC to watch the game...

"It's 1st and 10 for the Colts at their own 25.  Doyle lined up by the RT, TY on the right, Moncrief on the left, Brissett and Gore in the shotgun."

image.png.97e120517edbd6cf632750d042928029.png

"Seattle blitzes 6!  Brissett avoids the rush, steps up and launches the ball deep..."

image.thumb.png.85c8322ae907f212f0b951be991390e5.png

"TOUCHDOWN TO TY HILTON!!!  Moncrief and Doyle are in the endzone celebrating with TY!!!"

image.thumb.png.37d323c3165665bd8aef1601da5fbcd9.png

:lol:

4 hours ago, Nadine said:

Mohu leaf is amazing. Looks great on my 4k and inexpensive. I was watching the dolphins/saints game with it this morning and it was a perfect picture. Highly recommend to anyone reading in.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:42 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

And how many games did Vegas get right last week?

I believe Vegas had a "losing record" last week when it came to predicting NFL games...

:dunno:

Vegas does not lay odds to predict winners and losers rather to get people to be money. I thought everyone knew that.

1 hour ago, TDewar1987 said:

Mohu leaf is amazing. Looks great on my 4k and inexpensive. I was watching the dolphins/saints game with it this morning and it was a perfect picture. Highly recommend to anyone reading in.

Agree.  It's even better than the HD channel on cable I think

7 hours ago, midwest said:

you can always go to a bar

6 hours ago, midwest said:

I'm clear on discussing the illegal ways.  I just didn't know if any other local channels were going to be allowed to air it as they did in the past.  I need to see if Direct TV has a way to watch it online via their app or website????

Sorry for your terrible situation.

Maybe you have a friend with a different cable provider?

4 hours ago, midwest said:

Forgot to mention I live about half way between Indy and Dayton.  Most smaller in the house antennas will not pick up either affiliate. 

That's a bummer, yeah I had to go pick up an HDTV Antenna today with a 50 mile radius thanks to DTV.  :tvsmash:

Signal is coming in and in HD at least.  Set me back 40$ because they were all sold out at Bestbuy and Target so I had to run by Lowes.  

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:24 PM, krunk said:

You can't even prove the overmatched part of your argument.   Maybe their defense possibly.  The narrative you're selling is we don't even have a shot and they aren't even as good as what you're putting out there.  I think if we get blown out it will be primarily because we played bad football.  Primarily on the offensive side in my opinion.  I don't think they are head and shoulders better than the Colts.

Seahawks players proved it on the field as I feared.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:35 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Why do you say we're over-matched?  Have you been paying attention to their season?  This is not the same Seahawks team that dominated the SB a few years ago.  Granted they have some of the same players from that SB team, but those are the same players that we beat last time we played them...

THIS year, they are 1-2, just like us.  Their offense has not been good, just like ours.  Their defense has been decent, just like ours.  Their coach has shown flashes of good and bad this season, just like ours.  They are also dealing with injuries to some of their best players, just like us.

I'll grant you the home-field advantage in Seattle, but other than that, I'd say it's a pretty even match.  Having said that, I agree that it could get ugly if the ball gets rollin in the wrong direction... but it could get ugly for EITHER team.

No it wasn't as I feared. We Got Blown out, overmatched in the 2nd half.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:42 AM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

And how many games did Vegas get right last week?

I believe Vegas had a "losing record" last week when it came to predicting NFL games...

:dunno:

Vegas got it right and so did I.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 1:21 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I'm not trying to play Nostradamus, but once in a while a team stops the running game of Seattle (which doesn't have CJ Prosise this week) and forces Russell Wilson to throw the ball (behind a suspect OLine).  He may work some magic with his legs, but he may also throw a pick.  And then another.  And then another...  Maybe fumble the ball if he tries to do too much.

Russell Wilson could win this game for Seattle.  But we have a defense that might get the best of him.

I can see Wilson throwing two pick-6s if we stop the run and get any sort of lead.

Our defense did not get the best of him. They scored 46.

The Game is over and the final score was Seahawks 46    Colts 18

A 28 point loss! Vegas got it right.

We played better than I thought we would and hung in there for a while. But when your playing in a hostile environment  and are OVERMATCHED its a uphill struggle to keep the game close and it doesn't take that much for the game to get away like it did.

I felt all along we would get blown out and I was unfortunately right and the game got ugly in the second half.

But I am encouraged despite the BLOWOUT of the teams first half performance.

We need to beat 49ers next week. I think we will.

9 hours ago, TDewar1987 said:
  1. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mohu-Leaf-Ultimate-Flat-50-Mile-Indoor-Amplified-HDTV-Antenna/38078634

Best 50 bucks I've ever spent. I live about 40-45 miles south of Indy and it still comes in great.

I have the same Antenna and have it connected to my XBOX and have the program guide that shows whats on and coming on for like the next 7 days.