Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sunday night PRIMETIME

horseshoecrabs

Realistically does anyone think we will be competitive against the SEAHAWKS  this Sunday night ? I know they haven't played well ether, but this is a great chance for them to right the ship playing at home in primetime with their loud crowd. I just hope it's a watchable game and not end up like the Rams opener. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not really that concerned that we can win the game. I don't feel they are far superior to us overall.  I'm more concerned with how we execute our offense.   I think we can defend their offense.   If we execute well on offense I think we will pull out a win.  If we don't then I think we'll fall short.

If you play the opponent and keep it close, you can tune out the impact of the crowd, IMO. That should be our goal in quarter 1, achieve a stalemate, and then start putting pressure on their offense to make them one dimensional by executing our offense to play with a lead as much as we can by quarter 2 and then the rest of the game.

The Seahawks are good starters. They started their 2013 SB strong, 2014 SB strong, even our 2013 regular season game strong in quarter 1. You HAVE TO weather that quarter 1 storm and not let it get away by quarter 2. In the 2013 SB, by the time half ended, Peyton and the Broncos were already down 0-22, game over against a D of their caliber. Granted, this is not the 2013 or 2014 Seahawks.

We do not have the offensive coaches like the Patriots who make in-quarter adjustments better than anyone else and we do not have Tom Brady. Plus, a starting QB playing his first game on the road means no 2 score deficits should happen at any point in the game to have a chance, IMO. You can afford a deficit at home by 2 scores and once you have momentum, the crowd gets behind you like with Luck when we came back from 0-12 vs Seahawks in 2013. Given that Brissett has started fast so far, I like the odds of it not happening. Still, we never talk about how Delano Howell's punt return block TD in 2013 sparked us with a TD before the half.

I think we have a decent chance just comparing talent. Their offensive line has struggled and their defense hasn't looked as dominant as in the past.

However the Seahawks usually show up for Primtime games, especially at home. And as much as their offense has struggled, it picked up a little bit last week agaisnt the Titans. And that defensive backfield worries me, with Brissett in his first start on the road.

It will be up to Chud to find ways to keep the ball moving downfield. Even if they're not scoring every drive, get a few first downs and quiet that electric crowd. It'll bode well for us if Seattle can't bottle up our offense quickly. Like Chad72 said, keep it close in the first quarter, and we'll have a shot. I'm not expecting us to win this game, but keep it close and competitive, and anything can happen. 

The defense has to do a better job at edge containment I think. Too many times last week Kizer had a wide open lane in front him because our linebackers got too far behind in the backfield. Wilson will torch us if we give him the same amount of space.

Luckily, we should be able to get pressure against that Seattle Oline. 

Just stay disciplined and kill the penalties. If they do that, the Colts should be able to control the tempo of the game and give themselves a shot at the upset Sunday Night.

As a Colts fan I think it is "realistic" to believe we have a shot in any game...  Plus I donot dictate our whole season on just the opening game.  The atmosphere Sunday night will be something Brissett has never seen so he will need to get that out of the way very quick and just play football.  The team on the other side is not far greater than we are so channel the noise and just play.  Davis coming back helps a lot.  We just need to play sound defense and get key stops and turnovers.  A quiet crowd will helps us!

Well, lets look at it this way. We are playing primetime on the road in front of a loud rowdy crowd and we are OVER MATCHED on both sides of the ball and on the sidelines. 

This could be ugly.

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Well, lets look at it this way. We are playing primetime on the road in front of a loud rowdy crowd and we are OVER MATCHED on both sides of the ball and on the sidelines. 

This could be ugly.

Do you ever say anything that's remotely positive at all?  Ever?

10 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

This could be ugly.

Please tell me how we are OVER MATCHED on both sides?  Seattle has a terrible line, nothing special at WR outside of Baldwin, a TE who is good, a RB who is starting that is a rookie (I believe like 7th round pick) with Lacy and Rowles doing little to nothing so far.  Then there is Wilson, ok they have a good QB.  This is way better how?

Just now, krunk said:

Do you ever say anything that's remotely positive at all?  Ever?

Lol,I try to look at things realististically and not through Rose Colored Glasses. Everything I stated above, IMO, is true. You and others may have a different opinion which is fine. 

Can the colts win sunday? Of course they can, and I will have my wine spritzers and snacks rooting hard for my team while watching. But the potential for a Ugly, Blowout loss is very possible.

2 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

Realistically does anyone think we will be competitive against the SEAHAWKS  this Sunday night ? I know they haven't played well ether, but this is a great chance for them to right the ship playing at home in primetime with their loud crowd. I just hope it's a watchable game and not end up like the Rams opener. 

Toughest game so far but the Colts are playing better each week    

If the secondary can play disciplined and eliminate the big plays, I think the front 7 can stop Seattle's run game and maybe get a few sacks.

Special teams should be able to hold their own.

The biggest question is; can the offense move the ball? Really need the Oline to step up and play well. We can only hope....

36 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Lol,I try to look at things realististically and not through Rose Colored Glasses. Everything I stated above, IMO, is true. You and others may have a different opinion which is fine. 

Can the colts win sunday? Of course they can, and I will have my wine spritzers and snacks rooting hard for my team while watching. But the potential for a Ugly, Blowout loss is very possible.

You can't even prove the overmatched part of your argument.   Maybe their defense possibly.  The narrative you're selling is we don't even have a shot and they aren't even as good as what you're putting out there.  I think if we get blown out it will be primarily because we played bad football.  Primarily on the offensive side in my opinion.  I don't think they are head and shoulders better than the Colts.

21 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Toughest game so far but the Colts are playing better each week    

If the secondary can play disciplined and eliminate the big plays, I think the front 7 can stop Seattle's run game and maybe get a few sacks.

Special teams should be able to hold their own.

The biggest question is; can the offense move the ball? Really need the Oline to step up and play well. We can only hope....

O Playbook keeps getting bigger each week

I think it'll be a good game.  If the offense can move the ball like they have been, they'll have a chance.  Defensively, they need to contain Wilson. Vontae should help.  No turnovers, force a few turnovers, run the ball and put pressure on Wilson are the keys to the game imo.  I think Seattle wins but I think it'll be less than a 1 score game.  If the Colts come out flat, it'll be another prime time blowout. 

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I get why you are pessimistic because the Colts have laid some eggs but they can play with Seattle.  Have you watched any of Seattle this year?  There defense isn't the same(still decent) and Wilson has to do it all(his line is terrible and he has no running game).  They've scored 9(Packers), 12(49ers) and 27(vs Tenn).  The 27 was last week so could be a bad sign if it carries over but there not world beaters like they use to be.  You could be right, if the Colts don't come prepared, they very well could get blown out, but there not as under matched as you think. 

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't see a blow out unless we turn the ball over on offense.  I think we play good enough defense to make a game of it.  I think our D line is better than their O line so we should control some things up there.

I am with you Krunk.  As far as the line goes +13, I think that's a good bet for the Colts, and a teaser should be a lock (+20).  If they don't turn the ball over and let Wilson run all over them, they'll be in the game and have a chance to win.  Seattle just isn't the same team.  Still not a team to take lightly because they will whip your butt, but they are beatable.  I think the Colts at +13 would be my bet of the week, last week was the Jags at +4.

1 minute ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I am with you Krunk.  As far as the line goes +13, I think that's a good bet for the Colts, and a teaser should be a lock (+20).  If they don't turn the ball over and let Wilson run all over them, they'll be in the game and have a chance to win.  Seattle just isn't the same team.  Still not a team to take lightly because they will whip your butt, but they are beatable.  I think the Colts at +13 would be my bet of the week, last week was the Jags at +4.

I would take the 13. That is a lot of points.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would take the 13. That is a lot of points.

Yes it is, I wonder if people think the Colts are the same old Colts without Luck or if people just think Seattle is that tough at home.  They've only scored over 13 points in 1 out of 3 gameshaha, doesn't mean that won't change with the Colts but like you said, that's a lot of points. 

Just now, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Yes it is, I wonder if people think the Colts are the same old Colts without Luck or if people just think Seattle is that tough at home.  They've only scored over 13 points in 1 out of 3 gameshaha, doesn't mean that won't change with the Colts but like you said, that's a lot of points. 

I am nervous because Seattle is very tough at home and due to explode but we are much better with Brissett compared to having Tolzien.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am nervous because Seattle is very tough at home and due to explode but we are much better with Brissett compared to having Tolzien.

Exactly, I think Brissett will only get better with experience.  My main concern is his first ever road start is at Seattle on prime time.  If he comes to play and balls out, he can be a very good player. 

I like having Vontae back and guys have been playing together a little bit longer now so I expect the communication to be better in the secondary.   We just need some offense and no turnovers in this one.   I think Jacoby has that Joe Cool about him to acomplish that.  As long as we don't put him in the position to where he has to be a hero.

2 minutes ago, krunk said:

I like having Vontae back and guys have been playing together a little bit longer now so I expect the communication to be better in the secondary.   We just need some offense and no turnovers in this one.   I think Jacoby has that Joe Cool about him to acomplish that.  As long as we don't put him in the position to where he has to be a hero.

I hope Mack is ok. He is out again, not sure what is going on there.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I hope Mack is ok. He is out again, not sure what is going on there.

For  this game I think Matt Jones is the type of guy we need back there. Him, Turbin and Gore together we can pound the ball a little bit against that speed front and put some bodies on them boys.  I think Slug it Out backs are better against speed defenses.  I've kept saying I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the same strategy we used against Minnesota in this one.

Just now, krunk said:

For  this game I think Matt Jones is the type of guy we need back there.

Him, Turbin and Gore together we can pound the ball a little bit against

that speed front.  I think Slug it Out backs are better against speed defenses.

You may be right against this particular Defense but our O.Line has to block to force the issue. I hope Gore is feeling great this week.