Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard's work ethic

dodsworth

2 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

good point, and it's those repeated strike-outs that's going to cost this team precious Luck years.  It was allowed to go on too long....similar situation going on with the HC right now, except his strike-outs are blow-outs.  It's time to finish gutting the pig.

Grigson made the mistake of focusing too much energy on free agency and trades rather than building a young team through the draft to support Luck. For example, the Andre Johnson signing shouldn't have happened; he was too old. Problem is Grigson was awful at drafting. Almost all of his draft picks are not with the Colts anymore. For a former o-lineman, his o-line picks were especially awful.

On 9/29/2017 at 12:20 PM, cdgacoltsfan said:

Everybody uses the 2-3 years cliché...I think we are 3 or 4 players away...not years.

I don't know how many players we are away, although I'm guessing it's more then 3 or 4 players.

That said this offseason the Colts have 72 M in cap space (the highest in the NFL) and the only big names that would be necessary to extend are Mewhort and V. Davis (Whom I don't think we should necessarily extend.)

On top of that the Colts will probably have one of the highest picks they have ever had since Luck was drafted #1 overall.  That's a lot of resources to improve this team.  

The biggest problem I see going forward is that the Texans look really good with Watson under center.  And they have a good team around him too.