Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mock Draft 2.0

Round 1 Pick 1

Andrew Luck QB Stanford 6'4" 235lbs - No Explaination needed.

Round 2 Pick 34

Alameda Ta'Amu DT Washington 6'3 341lbs - We need a nose takle, have for years. In the Senior Bowl practices he showed nible feet and the ability to pass rush, which were the main question marks. Could end up being a heck of a nose tackle that could play in a 4-3 or a 3-4.

Round 3 Pick 65

George Iloka S Boise St. 6'4" 222lbs - Huge for a Defensive back. He could be the hammer that we need to play beside Bethea. During the Senior Bowl practices he showed the ability to make plays on the ball, and also a nose for taking good angles. He could be our Troy Polomalu, move him around have him down in the box. With his size the wear and tear of that could be less than what we saw with Sanders.

Round 4 Pick 98

Audie Cole ILB NC State 6'4" 248lbs - He showed great vision at the Senior Bowl and also has the ability to transition from 3-4 to 4-3 which would be great. He is quick and versitile.

Round 5 Pick 130

Marvin Jones WR Cal 6'2 248lbs - He is a great route runner with really good body control and great hands. Could be a great playmaker for us.

Round 6 Pick 161

Ryan Miller OG Colorado 6'7" 326lbs - He has tackle size but the speed and nimblness to pull and trap Moderate Pass blocker but Great Run Blocker. He could be plugged in from day one and be a solid OL for years.

Round 7 Pick 194

TJ Graham WR NC State 5'11" 182lbs - Really fast with the ability to be a return man. sometimes has issues with hands, but runs fairly good routes.

To add to this, I am assuming that Reggie is gone, We re-sign Garcon, Tamme, Mathis, Anderson, Wheeler.

We would cut Brackett and Bullitt, and re-work Freeney. Then bring in the FAs Finnegan or Carr at CB, Brandon McKinney DT.

I didn't account for Comp Picks, because I didn't know where to place them. Assuming one is a 4th rounder I could see us shooting for a corner there.

Love the draft. Jones is a favorite of mine as well, but I think you typoed his weight. He's 198 last I looked. I hope he's not 248.

Cole is someone I'd really like to see with a horseshoe on his helmet. I think he's such a tough and teachable player that any coach would at least love to put on special teams.

Miller is the only guy I have a qualm with, but I get his upside. He's just tall and lanky for a guard, but there is no denying his strength. Hopefully he can learn to not let smaller guys get under him in the NFL, as he occasionally had that problem in college.

Your right, I typed in Cole's weight there instead of Jones.

Also a couple CBs I would look at if we get a 4th round comp would be:

Dwight Bentley La-Lafeyette 5'10" 176lbs

Casey Hayward Vanderbilt 5'11" 188lbs

Shaun Prater Iowa 5'10" 185lbs

i know a couple of those guys could go earlier, but if they would fall they could be steals.

Robert Blanton from ND is another one that could be a good pickup if he posts a good 40 time at the combine.

Your right, I typed in Cole's weight there instead of Jones.

Also a couple CBs I would look at if we get a 4th round comp would be:

Dwight Bentley La-Lafeyette 5'10" 176lbs

Casey Hayward Vanderbilt 5'11" 188lbs

Shaun Prater Iowa 5'10" 185lbs

i know a couple of those guys could go earlier, but if they would fall they could be steals.

Robert Blanton from ND is another one that could be a good pickup if he posts a good 40 time at the combine.

Love all four of those corners and would be ecstatic if we nabbed any of the top three in the fourth. Blanton, however, will probably go in the fifth at the highest.

To add to this, I am assuming that Reggie is gone, We re-sign Garcon, Tamme, Mathis, Anderson, Wheeler.

We would cut Brackett and Bullitt, and re-work Freeney. Then bring in the FAs Finnegan or Carr at CB, Brandon McKinney DT.

I didn't account for Comp Picks, because I didn't know where to place them. Assuming one is a 4th rounder I could see us shooting for a corner there.

everything would be ok, except bringing in Finnegan...i cant stand him and wouldnt want him on our team at all

I like this draft. I still think we should Trade our 2nd pick for a 1st Rd pick next year. Just sign Brandon McKinney as our NT. I would Really like to see the Colts get Casey Hayward in the draft though. He has the Instincts, that can't be taught, to be a Great CB!

Only thing about that, is I honestly feel that Ta'Amu has the chance to be REALLY good, and would be better, younger, and cheaper than McKinney. Plus we could then still sign McKinney and rotate them, to keep them fresh.

Only thing about that, is I honestly feel that Ta'Amu has the chance to be REALLY good, and would be better, younger, and cheaper than McKinney. Plus we could then still sign McKinney and rotate them, to keep them fresh.

I like the idea. I have read before that Ta'amu tends to take plays off, so maybe having McKinney and him in a rotation would keep his motor going. ???