Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 NCAA Basketball

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

They are legit. Problem is they can’t get past the second weekend in the tournament.

I know :sigh:.... over and over and over.  It is depressing.  But I agree that they are legitimately a top ten team if not better.  They are playing really well right now, if this isn't their peak then they will be a very tough out this year and probably their best chance at a final four in several years.  They just seem to gel better than recent years.

It would help them to get a 1, 2 or 3 seed instead of the usual 5 where they play a really hungry desperate team and get out played... not talent wise, but hustle and heart wise.  Going to be a fun tourney if they keep playing like they are, for me at least. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I know :sigh:.... over and over and over.  It is depressing.  But I agree that they are legitimately a top ten team if not better.  They are playing really well right now, if this isn't their peak then they will be a very tough out this year and probably their best chance at a final four in several years.  They just seem to gel better than recent years.

It would help them to get a 1, 2 or 3 seed instead of the usual 5 where they play a really hungry desperate team and get out played... not talent wise, but hustle and heart wise.  Going to be a fun tourney if they keep playing like they are, for me at least. 

Early round problems are they are a lunch pal team...out hustle out effort but yes they get matched up with those mid majors that play that same way....dirty it up and beat them at the same game....or in sweet 16 they just get up against a team that just has athletes all over and get out run out tempo’d because they play all year in a grind it out conference in big ten. Teams like the Louisville’s/Arizona of the world etc would beat them then....this year might be different....they showed it early on. I agree this is their best over all team...they need to break thru or will always be little brother to IU and ND. I hope they do...I love it when all our Indiana teams represent us well. Notre Dame, Indiana, Purdue, Butler...State is loaded with great basketball.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Early round problems are they are a lunch pal team...out hustle out effort but yes they get matched up with those mid majors that play that same way....dirty it up and beat them at the same game....or in sweet 16 they just get up against a team that just has athletes all over and get out run out tempo’d because they play all year in a grind it out conference in big ten. Teams like the Louisville’s/Arizona of the world etc would beat them then....this year might be different....they showed it early on. I agree this is their best over all team...they need to break thru or will always be little brother to IU and ND. I hope they do...I love it when all our Indiana teams represent us well. Notre Dame, Indiana, Purdue, Butler...State is loaded with great basketball.

Me too... well written post

• Like 1

Purdue’s got some legit sharpshooters on this team, more then before...heck they’ll have Haas draining 3’s before long!!! Feeling really good about their chances right now, although Michigan gave them a run for their money the other night. Hope they keep playing at this level!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GOZER said:

Purdue’s got some legit sharpshooters on this team, more then before...heck they’ll have Haas draining 3’s before long!!! Feeling really good about their chances right now, although Michigan gave them a run for their money the other night. Hope they keep playing at this level!

Purdue is very impressive! If they didn't at least go the Final 8 this year I would be surprised. Final 4 is very possible but not sure they can win it all.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Purdue is very impressive! If they didn't at least go the Final 8 this year I would be surprised. Final 4 is very possible but not sure they can win it all.

Hey Dackich said they will win the National title this year, and we all know he is a genius when it comes to well..... everything! :peek:

Seriously though it it has been nice to be a Purdue fan here recently...football program is trending up with the new coach and the Basketball team continues to improve, kinda of took the sting away a little with my Colts being terrible this season. Can’t wait for some Cubs action!!! :rock:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GOZER said:

No.

Not recently but until they win something of note in the state as a whole they will remain so. They are a good big ten team...but on a national level they won’t be recognized. They have to break thru eventually if they want to stand on that big stage with Notre Dame or Indiana. I do like the players they’ve brought in but Painter has to lead then over the hump eventually. They need to make some hay before Archie gets IU turned around.

20 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Big game today, Purdue vs IU!!!! Doesnt matter how good either team is, this rivalry is for real, should be a barn burner as usual!!!!!

and oh yeah........

BOILER UP!!!!!!!!!!!!

FF6CE6C5-3B2A-4BC4-9D01-3F25CAFA485D.jpeg

I have Purdue in my Final 4 if they stay healthy. They look awesome! IU is ok but not on Purdue's level. I say Purdue wins this by 5-7 points. 76-70 is my call.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Purdue is the best team in the country right now. They are so deep that there's hardly a drop off when their bench comes in. Impressive. That Haas dude is a monster.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Amazing comeback. Thought UK was done at halftime. Looked ugly.

UK is always dangerous. I agree regarding Purdue, they have Final 4 written all over them. I am not ready to say they will win it all because anything can happen in a 1 game elimination Tourney but they look Great.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This. lmao 

Hey you weren’t far off bro!

Oladipo was in attendance, first time back, received some kind of honor....man I’m glad Purdue doesn’t have to face him anymore and that I can actually root for him with the Pacers:rock:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GOZER said:

Hey you weren’t far off bro!

Oladipo was in attendance, first time back, received some kind of honor....man I’m glad Purdue doesn’t have to face him anymore and that I can actually root for him with the Pacers:rock:

Yeah IU really had a Very Good team when they had Dipo but only made the Sweet 16. I think Purdue has the capability of going all the way.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Did you know that the IU PA person said Haas was from Alaska

Really? lol! They must not of known he’s an Alabama boy. You’d think they would do a little research! At first glance you would think he’s from the Netherlands or from Amsterdam where Purdue’s other big man Haarms is originally from. He’s a giant(Haas), they kept calling him the shadow, haha

On 1/29/2018 at 5:44 AM, GOZER said:

Really? lol! They must not of known he’s an Alabama boy. You’d think they would do a little research! At first glance you would think he’s from the Netherlands or from Amsterdam where Purdue’s other big man Haarms is originally from. He’s a giant(Haas), they kept calling him the shadow, haha

I have a friend I went to school with that is an administrator at the high school level.  Anyway, he is like 6-1 athletic frame so he isn't small.  He was able to get a photo of Haas standing next to him.  Haas put his arm around the guys neck for the photo.... his hand is huge compared to my friends body, would easily cover his entire face... and speaking of faces... Haas's face is the size of my buds torso, lol. The dude is a giant.  

Its a shame he really can't even play to his ability because the refs call foul every time he moves.

• Like 2

On 1/29/2018 at 5:44 AM, GOZER said:

Wouldn't mind seeing the Pacers draft Haas. A big physical big man is one thing the team needs, and Haas fits that bill.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Wouldn't mind seeing the Pacers draft Haas. A big physical big man is one thing the team needs, and Haas fits that bill.

I’m on board with that, and maybe he could finally use his size to an advantage without getting penalized by the refs almost every time!!!! I’m hoping they pack some muscle on Haarms too, he could turn into another special player, already one heck of a shot blocker.

• Like 2