Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone going to the Seattle game?

CanuckColtsFan

This is the closest the Colts will get to my city about 672 miles. The wife and I are leaving the kids with my sister in Vancouver and dropping down for the night. The ticket prices were insane. 

Im guessing there won't be much of a Colts presence at the game. I'm wondering  if I should wear my Luck jersey. I heard the fans down there can be rowdy. 

Any tips for game day fun is appreciated 

@CanuckColtsFanI live in down in Portland and was planning on going, but with no Luck, tickets being super expensive, and it being a SNF game, I opted to watch it on my couch. 

Seahawks fans are rowdy but not dangerous. Wear your jersey and prepare to hear lots of smack talk. It is a great stadium to see a game. If you like to party, there are ample bars very close to the stadium that are crazy on game day. Enjoy, and cheers to the Colts making me wish I forked up the cash to go! 

Was wondering the same thing. Will be heading down there from Vancouver with a few buddies! 

Tickets were not cheap, found some for $200 US. Have a buddy selling some for cheaper. 

I can't imagine the fans will be too bad? Not like we have a rivalry, but I could be wrong? Anyone have experience at a Seahawks game? 

Will there be many away fans? 

Good hear. I've been to Seattle once. I plan on having a good time but not getting too intoxicated. I want to keep my wits about me. I have one bar in mind. We'll see if I make it there early enough to take in some Seattle hospitality.

my two tickets are bleeders but on the 35 yard area. So good vantage point but that cost 600 cad by the time fees were included. Ugh.

I was worried about this game too but I just can't pass up seeing my favourite team play when they are coming to the closest possible city to me. It would be stupid not to go. 

Plus anything can happen. The Seahawks haven't looked great either. 

1 hour ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

Good hear. I've been to Seattle once. I plan on having a good time but not getting too intoxicated. I want to keep my wits about me. I have one bar in mind. We'll see if I make it there early enough to take in some Seattle hospitality.

my two tickets are bleeders but on the 35 yard area. So good vantage point but that cost 600 cad by the time fees were included. Ugh.

Yeah we will be in sec 330 I believe. Look for the jerseys! I plan on having a great time, I hear the atmosphere is electric 

19 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

This is the closest the Colts will get to my city about 672 miles. The wife and I are leaving the kids with my sister in Vancouver and dropping down for the night. The ticket prices were insane. 

Im guessing there won't be much of a Colts presence at the game. I'm wondering  if I should wear my Luck jersey. I heard the fans down there can be rowdy. 

Have Fun !!!

9 minutes ago, KB said:

Tickets are getting a little cheaper now. Will be there section 300.

GO COLTS

Wow, very nice venue to go to a Colts game. I have only been to 1 road Colts game in my lifetime, that was at Chicago in 2004. Peyton tore the Bears up. I have been to around 40 or so home games but just never really went to road games. Have fun! Hopefully it will be a good game.

26 minutes ago, Manning->Luck said:

I went to the game with friends when it was on Christmas Eve and they told us to go kill ourselves like Tony Dungy's kid. I've hated Seattle ever since.

That is why I never went to road games. I went once at Chicago but went with 4 friends, 2 of which were Offensive Lineman in their playing days in Highschool + I knew a lot of people in Chicago and being a Cubs fan, people loved me. All it takes is 1 bad person to ruin things though. I always avoided situations like that because when I was younger it's hard telling how I would've handled something like that.

I live in Spokane about 275 miles awa and can't make it. But my son's are going along with their better halves. It's real cool around the stadium with lots to do. My team did the old Kingdome scoreboard but I was working elsewhere when the new stadium was built. Be prepared for how loud it gets....every bit as loud as the old Indy dome but this time the noise will be against the Colts. I hope they coach up Brissett and the o-line real well so the Colts at least have a chance. Wilson plays well at home but Colts improved pressure and improved dbs gives the Colts a puncher's  chance.

7 hours ago, ColtsAC said:

I live in Spokane about 275 miles awa and can't make it. But my son's are going along with their better halves. It's real cool around the stadium with lots to do. My team did the old Kingdome scoreboard but I was working elsewhere when the new stadium was built. Be prepared for how loud it gets....every bit as loud as the old Indy dome but this time the noise will be against the Colts. I hope they coach up Brissett and the o-line real well so the Colts at least have a chance. Wilson plays well at home but Colts improved pressure and improved dbs gives the Colts a puncher's  chance.

I used to work for a company out of Spokane named System TWT trucking co. I owned a truck and signed on there and really enjoyed the company and it's people working there. Lots of runs up in British Columbia for sure.

On 9/29/2017 at 8:49 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That is why I never went to road games. I went once at Chicago but went with 4 friends, 2 of which were Offensive Lineman in their playing days in Highschool + I knew a lot of people in Chicago and being a Cubs fan, people loved me. All it takes is 1 bad person to ruin things though. I always avoided situations like that because when I was younger it's hard telling how I would've handled something like that.

I've also soured on road games. Especially if it's just me and the old lady. I'd do road games if I could get some buddies together, but those things are so hard to plan.

You can imagine how fun the back to back AFCCG's in NE were to witness live with your lady friend. Pretty sad how dumb people can get and act at stadiums. 

40 minutes ago, IinD said:

I've also soured on road games. Especially if it's just me and the old lady. I'd do road games if I could get some buddies together, but those things are so hard to plan.

You can imagine how fun the back to back AFCCG's in NE were to witness live with your lady friend. Pretty sad how dumb people can get and act at stadiums. 

I would never take my GF or Wife if I was married to a road game on the East Coast period. First time someone said something to my GF that was out of place, there would be major problems. That is why I have always avoided going to road games.

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would never take my GF or Wife if I was married to a road game on the East Coast period. First time someone said something to my GF that was out of place, there would be major problems. That is why I have always avoided going to road games.

Even though I'm an east coast guy my personal opinion is like yours. Worst times I've had have been at east coast games. 

The 2 NE playoff losses were the worst.

I must say I honestly wish more places were more like Indy. From the dozens of games I've been to in Indy, rarely can I remember any Colts fans being straight obnoxious or violent, even in important or rivalry games. I'm sure it happens, but I can only remember a time or two of drunk type behavior. Not violent, just someone who needs to sleep and stop drinking.

I've seen some embarrassing fans across the league. I like to attend even non Colts games whenever possible. I remember fist fights in

NYJ/NYG, NE, BUFFALO, WASH, CINCY, BALT.

Long post, apologize..

7 minutes ago, IinD said:

Even though I'm an east coast guy my personal opinion is like yours. Worst times I've had have been at east coast games. 

The 2 NE playoff losses were the worst.

I must say I honestly wish more places were more like Indy. From the dozens of games I've been to in Indy, rarely can I remember any Colts fans being straight obnoxious or violent, even in important or rivalry games. I'm sure it happens, but I can only remember a time or two of drunk type behavior. Not violent, just someone who needs to sleep and stop drinking.

I've seen some embarrassing fans across the league. I like to attend even non Colts games whenever possible. I remember fist fights in

NYJ/NYG, NE, BUFFALO, WASH, CINCY, BALT.

Long post, apologize..

Yeah you just never know when you travel. I have nothing against the East Coast in general but some of their fans can get rowdy haha. I would love to visit NY.

9 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:
  • If we win this will be the best sporting event I've ever gone to.

Honestly don't get caught up in if we win or lose. Have a great time and don't sweat the score. 

Some of the coolest times I've had have been bonding with fans even in losses.

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would never take my GF or Wife if I was married to a road game on the East Coast period.

10 hours ago, IinD said:

Worst times I've had have been at east coast games. 

What is the deal with this?  When I was younger, my dad warned me about this, especially about Philly.

I had a guy from Philly in my store the other day, and he fulfilled the Philly stereotype in every way.  He was loud, obnoxious, foul-mouthed, brash, and bragged about how violent Philly is... he laughed about how "even the women carry around knives and guns" ...  and he seemed proud about it all.  Are Philadelphians just set on making a mockery of the "City of Brotherly Love"?  Do they take pride in just being horrible people?  Who throws batteries at football players?

:scratch:  I don't get it.  And I don't think I want to get it...

On 25/09/2017 at 7:30 PM, CanuckColtsFan said:

Do it. Any way to antagonize them, I would.

I was at the game too I am now officially half way through seeing the colts play in every nfl stadium I started my journey in 2009. Fans were pretty good didn't get heckled or anything Pete Carroll a dink for running up the score. It was neat that it was Canada Day at the game they played the Canadian national anthem which was cool being from Canada. Next up is Cincy  hoping Luck will be back. Go Colts 

I missed the Canada day theme. I'm had a blast. Heck. Even had a half of great competition. Memories for year that I will treasure. The fans down there ar far more gracious. I ran into some Colts fans that took me for a drink before the game. Overall an amazing time. It appears I'm bad luck as the only two times I've seen the Colts have been greasy blowouts.

I had a good time. The Seattle fans were funny. Started off with some good smack talk but they were pretty quiet during halftime. Started to speak up again near the end lol. I also enjoyed the difference between their loud screams vs a few colts fans here and there cheering lol.

I would go again. Hopefully its not another twelve years.

7 hours ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

I missed the Canada day theme. I'm had a blast. Heck. Even had a half of great competition. Memories for year that I will treasure. The fans down there ar far more gracious. I ran into some Colts fans that took me for a drink before the game. Overall an amazing time. It appears I'm bad luck as the only two times I've seen the Colts have been greasy blowouts.

Don't sweat losing when you attend. Very rarely will you win every game you attend unless you plan specifically for a bad opponent. I'd rather go to a good game and see a win.

Getting to enjoy a city like Seattle is much more important then us winning.

You got to see your team and a great city.