Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Todd Bowles

Presuming the Jets fire him at the end of the season, I'd like to give this guy a call for our head coaching job.

Guy put up a 10 win season in 2015 with Ryan Fitzpatrick at quarterback.  

Now it's 2017 and the Jets have purposefully tanked and surrounded him with quite possibly the worst team in modern NFL history and Bowles has been competitive in all 3 games and just gave his GM and owner a giant middle finger by winning against the Dolphins in solid fashion and possibly ruining their purposeful tank job.

If he can keep that team competitive and even win a game, imagine what he could do when coaching actual talent with a talented quarterback.  

Unless Jim Harbaugh decides he wants to leave Michigan to coach the Colts (which I doubt).  Irsay needs to be ringing up Bowles the second he's fired for an interview.  

35 minutes ago, SP_21 said:

David Shaw isn't going anywhere. Especially not a dumpster fire like the Colts are right now 

Don't be so certain. I'm sure he'd love to coach Andrew again and historically the Colts are a storied franchise and were one of the best franchises in football not long ago. 

20 hours ago, BProland85 said:

Heck no. I'd take him as DC though. David Shaw is my #1 realistic choice for HC next offseason. 

Apparently, you're not watching Shaw and Stanford's offense struggle again this year?

Dtanford has won the two games against bad teams.    But list to USC and San Diego St.

Shaw is NOT an NFL coach.   Not for indy or any other team for that matter.   He may get hired someday to be an HC in the NFL, but that doesn't mean he will be successful.    Talk to Stanford fans and they will tell you he will not succeed in the NFL.

The worst team in NFL history is now 3-2.

I don't expect them to keep this pace up, especially with the Patriots next week.  But holy crap, this is the kind of guy we need for the Colts.  His players always come to play and he finds ways to be competitive without the talent other teams have.