Steve Young's Comments On Luck 09/21/17

King Colt

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

You mean after the 2021 season? That's how long he is under contract

If it takes that long then yes if we don't put a respectable team that can compete for superbowls I don't see him finishing this deal out I believe he would do what he had to do to leave I think he would give some of the money back and request a trade.

19 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

If it takes that long then yes if we don't put a respectable team that can compete for superbowls I don't see him finishing this deal out I believe he would do what he had to do to leave I think he would give some of the money back and request a trade.

The only thing he can do is retire and give the colts millions of dollars back.  Do you think that's plausible?

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:42 AM, coltsfeva said:

So many assumptions here, I don't know where to begin:

There's no talent on this team besides Andrew.

While we can all agree that the team around him has to improve, not only for the sake of his health but for him to have a successful career, the means to that improvement can come from a new influx of players and/ or coaches or from existing players and coaches getting better each week. 

No talent besides Andrew? That is the biggest assumption, and probably wrong. I think the player talent level is at least adequate to reach any desired level, it is just under-performing. It is my opinion that this is attributable to the culture created by the coaching staff and made worse by Grigson. Ballard can't solve these problems alone. It seems to me his primary "front line weakness" is the coaching staff.  

Can that be changed? In time to benefit Andrew Luck? I don't know. I do know how long and hard it is to bring about organizational culture change. This is going to be harder with the falling NFL (and Colts) ratings.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 6:45 AM, SteelCityColt said:

Its a bit ironic that you lambast your fellow posters for posting opinion/speculation when the OP is exactly that.

Besides some of the responses are entirely factual (his contract, the tagging rules etc.) 

Maybe you could try being slightly less rude in your interactions with others and you might get a more engaged debate?

"Debate" is a poor choice of words for internet sports forums, "Some" of the responses are indeed factual, ............some. The subject of Luck raises too many emotional statements when  instead some should be prepared to face facts. Only time will tell. A contract is only as good as the lawyer you hire.

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

"Debate" is a poor choice of words for internet sports forums, "Some" of the responses are indeed factual, ............some. The subject of Luck raises too many emotional statements when  instead some should be prepared to face facts. Only time will tell. A contract is only as good as the lawyer you hire.

What are you even talking about?  Sometimes it's hard to grasp what you are saying because you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What are you even talking about?  Sometimes it's hard to grasp what you are saying because you talk out of both sides of your mouth.

And yet, someone crowned him "king".   haha

I think the crown may be a bit crooked, and rusty.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You rarely grasp anything anyone is saying. If you don't know then move on to another topic like kick the can.

8 hours ago, Tsarquise said:

The Colts have not even had a losing season since 2011.

Exactly. You would think by reading some of these post the Colts are the walking mat for the rest of the NFL. With the return of Luck and the rebuilding that Ballard has started I highly doubt other teams in the NFL thinks that way. Anyone who has been around the NFL for any time knows there are ups and downs with teams in the NFL. If two 8-8 seasons is considered the bottom of the NFL by some fans all I can say is they are short term NFL fans. (and spoiled)

33 minutes ago, King Colt said:

If you think an attorney can free Luck from his contract you are badly mistaken. Luck will be a Colt for the foreseeable future. We can tag him three times after the contract runs out if we choose. Luck is a Colt or he retires that's it.

Ask Barry Sanders about being stuck on a bad team. Which isn't the case for Luck. He's been a game away from the Super Bowl twice in Indy. 

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Exactly. You would think by reading some of these post the Colts are the walking mat for the rest of the NFL. With the return of Luck and the rebuilding that Ballard has started I highly doubt other teams in the NFL thinks that way. Anyone who has been around the NFL for any time knows there are ups and downs with teams in the NFL. If two 8-8 seasons is considered the bottom of the NFL by some fans all I can say is they are short term NFL fans. (and spoiled)

Since the 2002 Season began going back 15 seasons, 2002-2016 seasons we have the 2nd most Regular Season wins only behind the Pats and only the Pats, Steelers, and Giants have won more Superbowls in that timeframe/that is a huge timeframe. That is going back 15 seasons. It wasn't all Peyton either, Andrew Luck actually has a Very Good record at 46-30 counting the Post Season.

21 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

His body has been beaten to death. And the Colts leadership is most responsible.

Ok, let's put this attitude in perspective.  Every NFL player has their body "beaten to death" by their profession.  Almost every great QB has dealt with major injuries and missed up to an entire season at one point or another in their career.  Manning, Brady, Brees, Montana, etc. on down the line.  And every one of those fan-bases complained about the OLine not being good enough the entire time...   :sigh:

This is the game of football.  Injuries happen.  Some you can blame on an OLineman missing a block.  Some you can blame on the QB holding the ball too long or being too aggressive throwing a block or making a tackle.  Some you can blame on how the defensive player hits the QB.  None of them can you blame on "leadership".  If leadership wanted to make sure nobody got hurt, they would keep their players at home and just forfeit the game...  :facepalm:

I'm sure Luck saw what the Broncos D just did to that "amazing" Dallas OLine.  We should all realize that no OLine is safe anymore.  If the QB is going to drop back to pass, he is going to get hit.  Every QB on every team.  It's not just a Colts issue...   :realitycheck:

3 hours ago, King Colt said:

". A contract is only as good as the lawyer you hire.

Wether you think it was a good contract or a bad one is irrelevant. It is still enforceable and no matter how good your lawyer is, once that contract is signed you are bound by it.  Luck cannot get out of his contract without irsay's cooperation. If irsay does not want to cooperate then Luck's only other option is retirement. 

21 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Yet it couldn't be more simple. His body has been beaten to death. And the Colts leadership is most responsible.

Lucky could make a fine 49'er next season under the right circumstances.  :thinking:

Cam Newton has been beaten badly too and you don't hear anyone in the media saying he should want out (or isnt happy) and they had a worse record than us last season. Cam looks like damaged goods much more than Andrew does IMO. It's a matter of the media picking on us and making garbage up. Yeah they are 2-0 so far but Cam looks injured to me and the only reason why they are 2-0 right now is because their Defense has given up 6 points so far. When they play Atlanta or anyone that is Good they will get beat. Cam came back too early, I think being cautious with Andrew is the way to go

On 9/22/2017 at 4:19 AM, King Colt said:

I love these responses that state categorically "facts" about Luck when in truth none of the poster know anything about what will happen. Maybe you should be wealthy from all of your predictions of game scores since you appear to be able to see the future.

Ironic because that includes your stance as well.

As far as the facts go, Luck did sign a multi year deal & Luck is currently recovering from surgery. That's really about all the "categorical facts" the average fan (without hard inside info) knows...

So I say again, any fan of the Colts who would perpetuate and encourage a situation where Luck leaves the team, seems slightly suspect.

11 minutes ago, Buck Showalter said:

Ironic because that includes your stance as well.

As far as the facts go, Luck did sign a multi year deal & Luck is currently recovering from surgery. That's really about all the "categorical facts" the average fan (without hard inside info) knows...

So I say again, any fan of the Colts who would perpetuate and encourage a situation where Luck leaves the team, seems slightly suspect.

First it was a comment by Young nothing more. Second, I am fully cognizant of the paperwork. My reference to facts pertains to comments like "he will be back in game four" when in fact that is a wish and nothing more so that and similar comments are what they are. Stop feeding hopes and dreams in to the facts. Last, I have to laugh at people who think being a fan is being a see no evil-speak no evil and hear no evil  empty glass. I am critical where I deem justified and praise my team in a similar fashion. I held on to Pagano when "fans" here were demanding he be fired. Only recently did I join that club. I hope Luck sits all year if necessary because I am a fan of what he can bring in his career not what he can bring this year. 

4 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Last, I have to laugh at people who think being a fan is being a see no evil-speak no evil and hear no evil  empty glass.

???  Who does that apply to?

I know I'm usually an optimistic and staunch supporter of everything Colts, kinda like @crazycolt1, but even those of us that stand with the Colts when things are bad admit that things aren't all rainbows and sunshine.

I don't see anybody saying that Irsay is a saint and Chuck is HoF, and all of our players are Pro-Bowlers, and we're GOING to win a SB this year.  Most of us are being realistic about the situation.  It's all the Debbie Downers that seem to be going to extremes and saying outrageous stuff that keeps getting the forums all stirred up for no reason...

:Nuke:  :peek:

19 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

???  Who does that apply to?

I know I'm usually an optimistic and staunch supporter of everything Colts, kinda like @crazycolt1, but even those of us that stand with the Colts when things are bad admit that things aren't all rainbows and sunshine.

I don't see anybody saying that Irsay is a saint and Chuck is HoF, and all of our players are Pro-Bowlers, and we're GOING to win a SB this year.  Most of us are being realistic about the situation.  It's all the Debbie Downers that seem to be going to extremes and saying outrageous stuff that keeps getting the forums all stirred up for no reason...

:Nuke:  :peek:

Obviously, it does not apply to everyone.

2 hours ago, J@son said:

Wether you think it was a good contract or a bad one is irrelevant. It is still enforceable and no matter how good your lawyer is, once that contract is signed you are bound by it.  Luck cannot get out of his contract without irsay's cooperation. If irsay does not want to cooperate then Luck's only other option is retirement. 

Laws are broken everyday. Mike Vick will never play in the NFL. Only suckers obey the law.

From the Desk of ESPN's Colin Coward (Take it for what it is even as this has been my position all along ;) )

Indianapolis Colts franchise quarterback Andrew Luck hasn't practiced for the team yet this season after having a procedure on his right (shoulder) and he has been ruled out for this week's matchup with the Cleveland Browns.

Since he hasn't practiced, it seems as though Luck won't play next week against the Seattle Seahawks, either. Fox Sports radio host Colin Cowherd says Luck should sit out the entire season, and gave four reasons for his thought process. You can hear his full explanation above, but here are the bullet points:

A. The roster is garbage. Don't want to put you in the crosshairs.

B. Team could get the No. 1 draft pick and trade it for a king's ransom.

C. Chuck Pagano could be fired.

D. With other AFC franchise quarterbacks getting up in age, Luck could rule the conference if they do the rebuild right

There are reports out there that Luck wants out of Indianapolis, but it seems odd that Luck would have signed a five-year extension with the team if he wanted out of the organization.

What do you think if Cowherd's plan? Is this a viable option?

3 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Last I checked,  Colin Cowherd doesn't run our team, or have any say so.

He is entitled to an opinion though.  

The problem is some of the media take it further than opinion and say stuff like Luck isn't happy here in INDY and wants out. Like they know and they don't. Some state it as fact and say my sources told me so. That is what some have a problem with.