Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY guarantees Colts win in browns game.

Coltsfan1953

On 9/21/2017 at 4:33 PM, Fisticuffs111 said:

The last two years were pretty great for coaching candidates. Kinda worried about this year's crop honestly. I want to be rid of Chuck probably more than most but this is going to be a real interesting search if we finally do part ways with him.

There are a few intriguing names. I like Jim Bob Cooter and if he keeps the Lions offense going like this he could be one of my favorites. Toub is interesting too.

I think what worries me most are the amount of possible retreads. Guys like Smith and Schwartz. Topping it off with a guy like Gruden who I'm just not sold on.

Jack Del Rio was a retread when the Raiders hired him. Same thing with Pete Carroll and Jim Caldwell. Sometimes people do better in different environments.

11 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Jack Del Rio was a retread when the Raiders hired him. Same thing with Pete Carroll and Jim Caldwell. Sometimes people do better in different environments.

I always liked Jack Del Rio when he was at Jax. Pete Caroll's interesting because he went to college and built a powerhouse. That'd be like getting Harbaugh, and I just don't really see anybody else who compares to him.

Caldwell...I don't know, I'd say he's a pretty medicore HC. A decent one, sure. 29-21 there, little better than 26-22 here, but 0-2 in the playoffs. I think they're looking very solid this year thanks in large part to Jim Bob, who I also like as a potential HC.

But with the possible retreads out there now, just nobody I really like besides the unrealistic choice in Jim Harbaugh. Guys like Jim Schwartz or Mike Smith, don't really wanna see them as the next Colts HC. Most of the good hires recently, Adam Gase, Vance Joseph, and even Sean McVay, seem to be young blood hires. That's what I'd be looking for.

I think Irsay would be looking for a "big splash" hire in somebody like Gruden, but I'm very interested to see what type of guy Ballard would be looking for.

45 minutes ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

If the Colts lose to the Browns and go 0-3.. Luck better be placed on I.R on Monday and Pagano better be gone.

Why?      Why should Pagano be gone over an 0-3 start with our top players out?

We're not losing because of Pagano, we're losing because of a lack of talent, especially at key positions like QB.   

You're likely going to get what you want, Pagano's last year.    But it may not happen for a few more months.    Then again, you can never tell with a new GM who may decide to make a statement.

On 9/21/2017 at 3:29 PM, chad72 said:

The Browns game is a must-win and a no-win situation. Weird. 

If we win the game, it is a case of "Not a big deal, it was the Browns for crying out loud" and if we lose, it is a case of "OMG, it was the Browns for crying out loud!!!". :dunno:

Yep, that is what is happening now. :)