Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quincy Wilson. Great Playing, Bad Luck??

Freeupfreeney

I watched him in his preseason games and its like, it doesn't matter how well he is positioned, it like he is always 1 cm from deflecting or one fingertip from making a play. The QBs are picking on him, but they shouldn't, but they are, and its like they are putting in in the perfect spot for the wr he is covering. Anybody agree.

Even tough yards are racking up on the dude. I still can't really say is because of bad play on his part. I don't know how you can cover too much better than he does, on all the big plays that are made on him. Tough start for a rookie.

He'll DEFINITELY get better judging strictly on his early play.

He's always at least in position to make a play. It'll come, just gotta give him sometime.

I'd be way more worried if he looked totally clueless like TJ Green does at times.

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

It's so frustrating because he's always right there on every play.

He'll get better with more reps. Just pray for 2 things right now.

1. He stays healthy

2. Pagano doesn't bench him for Melvin when Vontae comes back.

Melvin didn't look too bad on Sunday but I agree on hoping he doesn't get benched when VD returns

8 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

The throw was perfect as well.  Not much you can do on that one but tip your hat.

Sure looked like Palmer threw the ball right where they must practice it, and the WR ran the perfect route to the

spot. Palmer couldn't have nailed it better with a hand off. Pure Mastery.

What i loved seeing was Wilson was about 2 steps behind after the receiver made his break and Wilson

had the recovery speed to close. That was a question after his 40 time, but i'm not worried anymore. 

And 6'1"  206, he looks strong/physical in run support.  :thmup:

8 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

What i loved seeing was Wilson was about 2 steps behind after the receiver made his break and Wilson

had the recovery speed to close. That was a question after his 40 time, but i'm not worried anymore. 

And 6'1"  206, he looks strong/physical in run support.

This was a great example of his football instincts.  He had some closing speed but mainly because he jumped the route and went underneath.  If that was a double move than this is a completely different convo as he would have been burned.  He watched Palmer and saw him wanting to unload the ball...good instincts. 

I liked what I saw. The Colts have long-needed a risk-taking playmaker at CB. So the interceptions should come. 

But to be fair, on the pass break up, Palmer underthrew it. If Palmer has good placement there, both Wilson and Hooker are getting burnt...possibly for a TD. 

13 hours ago, GoColtsWin said:

I think he and Hooker are gonna be a great combo in the backfield for our Colts. They both seem to have good instincts. 

Yep, can't teach instincts, even if you have speed. (cough, cough, T.J.Green :)). With good instincts, you can make up a 4.5 speed vs a 4.4 or 4.3 WR (unless that WR is an elite one that maximizes every ounce of their talent).