Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tony Romo-Stradamus. Calls plays before they happen.

ReMeDy

10 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I though this was good.

He teaches situational football , and practices situational coaching.  Had the game in hand, gives up garbage time score to mess with other teams analytics/tendencies.  And Romo spots it.  No wonder he was such a top level QB, even though a UDFA. He was likely a film room stud.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:17 PM, BloodyChamp said:

I though this was good.

Yeah I never thought about that.....I would say its that stuff that makes Bill so good. The chess match inside the game....setting you up for something bigger. One of the many reasons they are so good...disguising coverages, excellent schemes, being unpredictable. A lesser coach or player might not catch on to that and just go by the numbers...but you can tell that some of the best that have been around long enough can still figure it out. I think its why you see that Peyton had a lot more success later in his career against Bill. Didn't always win but was able to have more successful performances because of all that knowledge he stored up over all the years playing him....and knew what film was important to study and what to throw out.

Romo is definitely one of the more underrated and over-criticized QBs of his time.  His performances so far in the booth have gained him more popularity and support, which is good.  I've always been a Romo fan.  It's fun to talk smack about the Cowboys, but I've always liked Romo.  Really helping fans understand the game on a better level.

57 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah I never thought about that.....I would say its that stuff that makes Bill so good. The chess match inside the game....setting you up for something bigger. One of the many reasons they are so good...disguising coverages, excellent schemes, being unpredictable. A lesser coach or player might not catch on to that and just go by the numbers...but you can tell that some of the best that have been around long enough can still figure it out. I think its why you see that Peyton had a lot more success later in his career against Bill. Didn't always win but was able to have more successful performances because of all that knowledge he stored up over all the years playing him....and knew what film was important to study and what to throw out.

Oh yeah. 2013 AFCCG in Denver, a key 3rd down completion to Julius Thomas vs Jamie Collins helped Peyton and folks get a key first down and prolong a drive. In the 2015 AFCCG, he picked on Jamie Collins twice for 2 TDs to fellow old man Owen Daniels. Is it any co-incidence Belichick knew what he was doing when he traded away "stiff hips" Jamie Collins?

Then, he saw Eli Manning complete an outside shoulder throw to Plaxico Burress in the 2007 SB for the winning TD, Eli does the same thing with OBJ in the 2015 regular season game (Pats tend to do a man coverage with outside CB with a Cover 2 shell close to the end zone, so you cannot attempt a slant inside easily because the safety closes fast), but OBJ catches it and Malcolm Butler at the last moment knocks it out, incomplete upon review, same side of end zone as Plax. It was the other side of the end zone that Lee Evans could not hold on to the pass vs Sterling Moore that Flacco threw in the 2011 AFCCG that they went from possibly winning with a TD to a missed Billy Cundiff FG. Then Peyton is on the bench with Osweiler starting in 2015, he mentions to Brock at half time (according to Brock post-game) about the outside shoulder pass in the end zone, and Brock completes it to Andre Caldwell for a TD pass, same side as Plax and OBJ. If I can remember these tendencies I see of the Patriots, imagine what Peyton's brain must have retained. :) Ultimately, even if you know it is coming, it is always about execution and wanting it more.

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Romo is definitely one of the more underrated and over-criticized QBs of his time.  His performances so far in the booth have gained him more popularity and support, which is good.  I've always been a Romo fan.  It's fun to talk smack about the Cowboys, but I've always liked Romo.  Really helping fans understand the game on a better level.

I thought Romo got a bad rap...ultimately there are a few get it done type moments/games that separate the greats...he just didn't deliver in those moments but overall was a top 5 qb in the league most of his career....very talented. My only issue is that didn't he date Carrie Underwood?? How does a guy let her get away....like I said...its the big moments that count haha  don't get me wrong I'm sure his wife is lovely but Carrie?? Well that's like winning the Lombardi....lol

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

My only issue is that didn't he date Carrie Underwood?? How does a guy let her get away....like I said...its the big moments that count haha  don't get me wrong I'm sure his wife is lovely but Carrie?? Well that's like winning the Lombardi....lol

LOL!!  He moved form her to Jessica Simpson!.   Then he moved on from Simpson to Candice Crawford (Miss Missouri USA).  He ended up marrying her and having two sons...

8722953.jpg

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

LOL!!  He moved form her to Jessica Simpson!.   Then he moved on from Simpson to Candice Crawford (Miss Missouri USA).  He ended up marrying her and having two sons...

Impressive, now the question is does he like blondes, or do blondes like him?

Also, she's the one with that creepy Photoshopped smile.
Candice-Crawford_00013.jpg

On 9/22/2017 at 9:18 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

8722953.jpg

I'm not going to say much because I don't want to get in trouble....but Carrie is just in a league of her own. Even my wife comments every time she sees her.

4 hours ago, dgambill said:

I'm not going to say much because I don't want to get in trouble....but Carrie is just in a league of her own. Even my wife comments every time she sees her.

To me, I think it's similar to a Mercedes, vs BMW, vs Audi.  All desirable, but which one 'fits' better when you've tried them all out?

21 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Ok...he got a little annoying today. He's open! He's open! Throw it Aaron! Aaron throw it! :violin:

lol pretty soon he's going to be eating pretzels into his mic. It will be like having a friend sitting next to you on the couch who wont shut-up, for better or worse.

He said "screw it" today lol! And he said 1 of the most hilarious things in my life after the Broncos went deep on first down with 4 minutes left. I forgot what exactly he said but it reminded me of "last game of the year Brent. Can't hold anything back." 

He's pretty fun. I can deal with annoying.

1. Troy Aikman. Calm, smooth delivery. Understands every position well enough to add some incite. Handles big spots well. Carries himself well in all facets (not too high, not too low, doesn't take himself too serious) and he works well with Joe Buck. 

2. Trent Green: Basically the next Troy Aikman in this regard. Even keeled. Maybe a little QB-focused, but still brings a lot to the table from a game knowledge perspective. Makes a good "classic pairing" guy with Greg Gumbel, even though they're like third string on CBS. Reminds me of the old Dick Enberg/Dan Dierdorf combo about 20 years ago...they always seemed to get every wild AFC West shootout game that lasted til 7:15 or 7:30 eastern (which was a bigger deal then, commonplace today) and they made each one feel like it had a classic moment. Hoping that Green gets there one day.

3. Jon Gruden. Gruden would be higher, maybe #1 on the list if he could just find a player he didn't like. Gruden is trying to keep connections in the business and get the interviews and the interaction and get on the field so he has to keep his nose clean, I respect that. For a guy to have so much knowledge and not be critical of anything (besides officiating sometimes), it really takes away from what he could do. There's no one that has greater knowledge of the game than Gruden and it shows, I just wish he would call a spade, a spade sometimes.

HM (no order):

Cris Collinsworth - Used to hate this gerbil, but he's matured over time and become less of a *. Great knowledge and shows a really strong passion for the game. He's worked well with Al Michaels, who wants to talk less during games as he falls out of his super bright prime. 

Rich Gannon - Similar to Green in a lot of ways. I think he holds himself back a little sometimes, as he's still kind of new to this and he doesn't want to step on veteran (and all-star) Kevin Harlan's toes. Those guys could form a "classic" duo if they wanted to, in fact, they might end up at a higher peak than Gumbel/Green.

John Lynch, who moved on this season to a management role, was also really good on Fox the last few years with young Kevin Burkhardt...he was too knowledgeable to work with the now-fully-senile Sam Rosen...who struggles with all the NY Rangers games he has to do, much less throwing in another sport on top of it...he needed to reduce his role a good 6, 7, 8 years ago, with all due respect...

That was his coolest minirant yet. He was definitely right. Joe Gibb's offense was like football trigonometry at the time, overshadowed in that regard by the 49ers offense. It took the genius Bill Belichik to defend it like he said but only after Gibbs destroyed the old Buddy Ryan defense with it. I first learned this myself on an NFL Network show whose name escapea me. I don't *think* it was an NFL Films.