Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hilton and Moncrief

PuntersArePeopleToo

I know a lot of people have said stuff about Moncrief game today, but what about Hilton. From my view both of them performed badly for most of the game. Not until the 4th quarter did either look decent. I gotta wonder if it is due to the practice time or what. Neither seemed to fully go for any of it. Just a bit halfing it out there for the game. Do you think another week of practice will help or do neither work well with JB? I am just saying from my view and it just really surprised me with TY not going all out on the challenge play we had. I also wonder if JB forced it to Aiken on the OT throw because of the way TY and Moncrief had played most of the game. 

Moncrief is definitely playing himself off our team for next year. Or at a minimum, he's looking way less expensive then he might have been.

At his size he should be way more then a complimentary WR.

I think TY is more pacing himself. Kind of going at 75% until he has to be the TY we know.

2 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Disappointed in T.Y. Hilton quite honestly. He is not showing himself to be a star or much of a leader. 

In his defense it's probably brutal to be a wr with bad QB'ing going on.

Moncrief looks timid and looks way more iffy to me.

I'd bet if Luck came back next week guaranteed he'd have 100 yds. 

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

But JB did not look like a bad qb and TY still didnt seem to interested in continuing 

Could be familiarity as well.

TY definitely gets the benefit of the doubt from me honestly. 

I agree though in general, he was solid, not great. 

Just now, IinD said:

Could be familiarity as well.

TY definitely gets the benefit of the doubt from me honestly. 

I agree though in general, he was solid, not great. 

I mean normally I would too, but for the first time Im just really disappointed in his performance. Just not even going for the reach of an extra yard which I dont see him do that often

Perhaps it has to due with a limited route tree and the qbs limited playbook. Yet still, I would have liked them to have Gores pure determination. I feel he is the real leader on offense at this point, and still several thought we should cut bait now. I am about as encouraged from a loss as I can be. The thread is relevant because we do need those two receivers to step it up with our current Qb situation.

Just now, life long said:

Perhaps it has to due with a limited route tree and the qbs limited playbook. Yet still, I would have liked them to have Gores pure determination. I feel he is the real leader on offense at this point, and still several thought we should cut bait now. I am about as encouraged from a loss as I can be. The thread is relevant because we do need those two receivers to step it up with our current Qb situation.

I agree with the Gore thought that you said. He is our offense leader. He has mainly played on crappy teams in his career and never takes off a play. And thanks I thought it was and was surprised no one had started it. It was the thing i noticed the entire game

2 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

Did you see JB's expression when AZ missed the field goal before the OT? Looks a little too mellow, reserved, wonder if it's because he's assimilating into the team's chemistry slowly.

Not topic for this thread. Go to one of the other threads. Or start one. This is focus just with wide receivers and JB throwing to them.

4 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

Did you see JB's expression when AZ missed the field goal before the OT? Looks a little too mellow, reserved, wonder if it's because he's assimilating into the team's chemistry slowly.

Just looked him up, from FLA went to school in NC. Could just be a mellow fellow from the south??

At least he won't panic is my feeling. Doesn't freak out and run if he feels pressure.

He's definitely 'chill'.

Just now, IinD said:

Just looked him up, from FLA went to school in NC. Could just be a mellow fellow from the south??

At least he won't panic is my feeling. Doesn't freak out and run if he feels pressure.

He's definitely 'chill'.

Yeah normally your QB staying calm in big moments is a good thing.

I think we get too hung up on players reactions at times because we want to see them react like we do as fans to things.  Players don't do that for the most part.  They stay focused on the job at hand.

29 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

TY made his fair share of grabs today and most of the time it went his way he caught it.  Hard to argue about him today.  

Moncrief was disappointing.  I still think he's really a high end number three WR because he's not consistent enough to be counted on as the number two.

Ty was also mostly covered by Patrick Peterson.

3 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Still, TY is good enough to beat him at least once. And i still have a problem with his not reaching for 1st down

TY did beat him a few times today.  One of those play Moose went into great detail about what a great job TY did to get open against him.

Just now, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

Hmm must of missed that. I just think i was so held up with his not reaching play. Just barely reaching and he didnt

He caught four of the six passes that went his way today for 49 yards.  Second best day by a Colts receiver in terms of yards and catches behind only Doyle.  Since he's the number one option that other teams look to take away and he was covered by one of the best corners in the NFL and playing with a guy who had a total of six practices before starting today's game at QB I think TY did fine.  Yeah he could have made a little better effort on the third down play but you can say something like that about just about any player at some point in a football game.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

He caught four of the six passes that went his way today for 49 yards.  Second best day by a Colts receiver in terms of yards and catches behind only Doyle.  Since he's the number one option that other teams look to take away and he was covered by one of the best corners in the NFL and playing with a guy who had a total of six practices before starting today's game at QB I think TY did fine.  Yeah he could have made a little better effort on the third down play but you can say something like that about just about any player at some point in a football game.

For some reason i really missed some of that for him. I dont get why. Did it start to happen in the fourth or?

Dear God,  another crazy thread....

Why should ANYONE not understand that neither Hilton nor Moncrief have had ANY TIME to practice with Brissett?

Why is this hard to grasp?

You think they just need a few days?

I appreciate that you're not happy with the loss,  but this is just grasping at straws....

2 minutes ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

For some reason i really missed some of that for him. I dont get why. Did it start to happen in the fourth or?

He had like three catches or so on that long Drive for a field goal in the second half.  Patterson did a good job taking him away most of the day but sometimes the other guy wins.  When they went his way he came through most of the time.  Moncrief only being 2 of 8 or Aiken only being 3 of 9 are bigger issues.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

He had like three catches or so on that long Drive for a field goal in the second half.  Patterson did a good job taking him away most of the day but sometimes the other guy wins.  When they went his way he came through most of the time.  Moncrief only being 2 of 8 or Aiken only being 3 of 9 are bigger issues.

okay i think maybe thats why i didnt think much of it that it was the single series mostly that it just blended together

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Why should ANYONE not understand that neither Hilton nor Moncrief have had ANY TIME to practice with Brissett?

I appreciate that you're not happy with the loss,  but this is just grasping at straws....

Moncrief was a concern because he had more than one just flat out drop today that didn't have much to do with who the QB was because they were good throws.  

I will and have defended TY today but Moncrief did not play well today and that had nothing to do with who the QB was.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I know that they did not have much practice time together. But some of those plays it just looked like they didnt want to participate. The one where Moncrief just let it go through his hand and pull up? Even both announcers couldn't get why he did that. The long ball just basically slowing down and stopping almost. That is why I did this thread. TY I didnt notice much of. And by the conversation on this thread I learned TY didnt have as bad a game as I expected it would read. I still wonder why they didnt go out after the pass? So why dont you read into what actually was said on the thread before calling it crazy and thinking that I didnt realize they didnt have much time together. I created this for non-hustle the taking it off or only going somewhat. That was the whole point was to wonder why they didnt play like Gore or Doyle who will go out every play and just go hard

1 hour ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I know a lot of people have said stuff about Moncrief game today, but what about Hilton. From my view both of them performed badly for most of the game. Not until the 4th quarter did either look decent. I gotta wonder if it is due to the practice time or what. Neither seemed to fully go for any of it. Just a bit halfing it out there for the game. Do you think another week of practice will help or do neither work well with JB? I am just saying from my view and it just really surprised me with TY not going all out on the challenge play we had. I also wonder if JB forced it to Aiken on the OT throw because of the way TY and Moncrief had played most of the game. 

The OT play was the same pass he had already thrown to Hilton and Moncrief earlier in the game. I think using Aiken there was Chud's way of "disguising" the play. But he wasn't fooling AZ at all in the second half.

They're playing for one of the worst teams in the league and for a Coach who couldn't coach PEEWEE Football.

They're probably sick of the circus that this franchise has become.

I really wanted Moncrief to stay here, but after this season there's no way he puts up the numbers that will want CB to bring him back. And I doubt he will want to come back here, sadly. #10 is one of my favorite players and I will be crushed if he leaves.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

No you're just making excuses. If he was missing open receivers , overthrowing/under throwing, or missing timing routes then I would agree

Moncrief got no separation and the one time I remember he did, he got scared and made a horrible attempt at catching the ball. Hilton took plays off regularly

6 hours ago, IinD said:

Moncrief is definitely playing himself off our team for next year. Or at a minimum, he's looking way less expensive then he might have been.

At his size he should be way more then a complimentary WR.

I think TY is more pacing himself. Kind of going at 75% until he has to be the TY we know.

Spot on about  Moncrief. He has had plenty  of time to show how good he can be. He is what he is at this point. I don't see him progressing any more.