compuls1v3

Props to the coaches

Recommended Posts

Kudos losing to a bad Arizona team missing several key players? Have the standers around here really gotten this low? Where as long as we compete well, without getting blown out, this is a good thing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Kudos losing to a bad Arizona team missing several key players? Have the standers around here really gotten this low? Where as long as we compete well, without getting blown out, this is a good thing?

Way to lose context.

You look at the loss of players on the Cards and fail to look at our own starting roster which is missing our franchise QB, starting center as well as our lockdown CB.  I would say we're just a bad if not worse than they were in that regard.

I will say, yes, we competed well when you consider our offense was guided by a QB who only arrived 2-3 weeks prior to the game.

To think we can hold Brissett to the same standard as Luck is beyond laughable.

As for the Rams game, well I can give you that one, lol.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

 

I am not sure what math you're referring to. You must be reading someone else's posts and mine, and lumping them together. Your reply seems bizarre to me so I am not really sure.

 

I never said 3 plus 2 equals 10. Have no idea what you even mean by that. I only mentioned Belichick because at one time the Patriots fans wanted him fired too. The Chiefs were a wreck of a team after they fired Marty, and struggled to regain an identity for quite some time. 

 

I am college educated with a few decades of work experience to boot. I am capable of following any logic you could produce. So where is your logic? And what are you talking about?

Wow....

 

Education sure has changed if you think I actually meant math.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Wow....

 

Education sure has changed if you think I actually meant math.

 

Do you have a point to anything?

 

If you're just looking to fight with someone then travel on down the road. I am not interested. 

 

I am listening if you have anything relevant to say. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

This team needs an overhaul.  Pagano is the main one that needs to go.  Bring in a new HC with his people, and you'll see a big difference in the philosophy, play calling and the culture of having a winner......Can't blame the fans if they're bashing Pagano, because I see the same thing the way his coaching.....Bellichick won't let this happen, he holds his players accountable and not pat them lovingly on the head.  These players are adults, they don't need to be enabled, cuddled and pat on the butt if they make a bonehead play. Play calling sucks, Mack is much younger than Gore, I say trade Gore and start developing the younger Mack.  I guess they're satisfied having Gore gained 40 yards a game, that isn't going to cut it to win ball games.....Again, Pagano has to go.

 

Pagano has to go?      Wow, how original.

 

The team needs an overhaul?        In case you haven't notice --- any you haven't --- Ballard has turned over HALF THE ROSTER!       Hello?!?

 

And a year from now he will have turned over even more.

 

This was never a one-year fix.    And Ballard said so when he was hired.

 

You're getting your wish.     It's just not happening as fast as you and others would like.     These things take time.

 

Fixing a mess this bad takes time.     

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Pagano has to go?      Wow, how original.

 

The team needs an overhaul?        In case you haven't notice --- any you haven't --- Ballard has turned over HALF THE ROSTER!       Hello?!?

 

And a year from now he will have turned over even more.

 

This was never a one-year fix.    And Ballard said so when he was hired.

 

You're getting your wish.     It's just not happening as fast as you and others would like.     These things take time.

 

Fixing a mess this bad takes time.     

 

 

And to add to your post, NCF; if we bring in a new HC then he may bring in his OC which would mean a new system for Luck & company to learn, which means our O will probably not improve for another couple of years.

 

Honestly, I think some on here think we're just a coaching change away and we're instant SB contenders.  Or, some think if you draft all O-Line in any given draft they'll be as good as Dallas.  Just not the way it works.  It takes time to evaluate a staff and players, just like you said, NCF.  :thmup:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

And to add to your post, NCF; if we bring in a new HC then he may bring in his OC which would mean a new system for Luck & company to learn, which means our O will probably not improve for another couple of years.

 

Honestly, I think some on here think we're just a coaching change away and we're instant SB contenders.  Or, some think if you draft all O-Line in any given draft they'll be as good as Dallas.  Just not the way it works.  It takes time to evaluate a staff and players, just like you said, NCF.  :thmup:

I understand, but I also understand that all of what you outline is using up Luck's career.  He could very well be in the second half of his career, if not already, when the new HC arrives. Then we'll be told to be patient as he installs his staff and system.

 

The average half-life in the NFL is not 10 years.  We don't know how long anyone will last.  Folks are frustrated because the team stinks as Luck should be in his prime years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Roger said:

I understand, but I also understand that all of what you outline is using up Luck's career.  He could very well be in the second half of his career, if not already, when the new HC arrives. Then we'll be told to be patient as he installs his staff and system.

 

The average half-life in the NFL is not 10 years.  We don't know how long anyone will last.  Folks are frustrated because the team stinks as Luck should be in his prime years.

Definitely understand the "Luck is in his prime" frustration.  I share that with everyone else on here.  We really do just have to hold on to the trust that Ballard has the answer and be patient.

 

That being said...is he done yet???   :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

And to add to your post, NCF; if we bring in a new HC then he may bring in his OC which would mean a new system for Luck & company to learn, which means our O will probably not improve for another couple of years.

 

Honestly, I think some on here think we're just a coaching change away and we're instant SB contenders.  Or, some think if you draft all O-Line in any given draft they'll be as good as Dallas.  Just not the way it works.  It takes time to evaluate a staff and players, just like you said, NCF.  :thmup:

Giving Luck a top notch OC would pay dividends immediately.  Look at what guys like Jim bob cooter, ken Whisenhut and Adam gase have done is recent years.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Giving Luck a top notch OC would pay dividends immediately.  Look at what guys like Jim bob cooter, ken Whisenhut and Adam gase have done is recent years.

Jim Bob Cooter is making Stafford look an MVP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Props to the first half maybe. Then they did the usual get out coached in the rest. If they could manage to coach a good 4 qtrs we may win a game. 

 

Btw, it's up to the coaches to get the offense going and defensive game plan to stop their offense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Giving Luck a top notch OC would pay dividends immediately.  Look at what guys like Jim bob cooter, ken Whisenhut and Adam gase have done is recent years.

I feel like that's what we've been lacking ever since Moore.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewEra said:

I feel like that's what we've been lacking ever since Moore.

Reggie pretty much said the same thing on espn radio.  When asked what the biggest difference between Manning and Luck is, Reggie responded "OC".

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

If you mean threads that have to do with the coaching staff then I agree. Otherwise using the word "derail" and "most", is inaccurate. 

 

If our head coach is reason behind mediocrity then I see no reason to talk good about his ability to coach. 

 

Not one person here has bashed pagano as a person. It has all been solely about his ability as a head coach. In fact almost all of the bashers agree that pagano is a hell of a person. He just can't coach. There's no reason to defend his coaching ability. Zero. None. Zilch. Wins and losses don't define a coach (although they certainly help). It's in game adjustments. I have seen some really ugly wins in the NFL. And I don't go saying that team is great because they got a W. 

 

So until the guy is gone, and is replaced with someone who can learn and grow, then you will continue to see coaching staff threads become "derailed" by the haters. Which truly in the sense of the word aren't really hating the man himself. Would you honestly support any HC the colts have? What is your limit? Do we have to become bottom feeders in the league for you to finally throw in the towel? Some of us would like to avoid that. 

 

I just don't understand your dislike for many on this forums dislike for Paganos coaching style. 

 

Saying Pagano is all the fault of the Colts problems shows me you are too narrow minded to actually see and understand what the problem has been.

It's not a point that I dislike anyone in this forum. It's a point of knowing why things are the way they are. Pagano is only one piece of a puzzle of what a team is.

Pagano can only coach the players. If those players are lacking the talent to carry out what is expected of them does not fall on Pagano.

Pagano has started out this season with two QBs who are not starters in the NFL but you and a few more expect him to still win. And now that he has two losses it's all his fault?  Horse dung.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I disagree.  Not on board with the HC at least.

 

This is NOT to say I don't like the guy or wish anything bad on him.  Quite the opposite, I like Pags.  I just don't see him as a HC.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2017 at 7:41 AM, Myles said:

Another way is to keep a poor coach around for too long (Cincy).

 

 

 

Hmmmm.... really?  A coach that only won double digit games in a season twice in his first nine years coaching... then gets double digit wins 4 seasons in a row, only falling back again last year? One with a winning record overall, and inherited a crappy team and reversed their suckiness?  well.... ok... I guess...

 

I'm not boarding that train.  I saw what a dumpster fire that team was before he got there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

 

Do you have a point to anything?

 

If you're just looking to fight with someone then travel on down the road. I am not interested. 

 

I am listening if you have anything relevant to say. 

No one except you has been looking to fight. I'm simply amazed by your 'college degree' (that you seem very proud of) 'logic', that others who wanted to fire Pagano (now in his sixth year) want to fire a coach a day. Which is something no one has said. And that 'logically' we can't fire Pagono because KC and San Diego weren't immediately successful after firing Marty Schottenheimer. Wow. That's Way out in Left Field!

 

 That's why I brought up the new math thingy.  Math is based on logic. And  math being taught to today's kids is convoluted, in my 1960s/70s high school educated truck driver's eyes.

 

Posting that others are calling for a coach a day to be fired  (basically, making up a lie about your opponent, and spreadung it repeatedly until most agree it was said) when they never inferred such is a political tactic used by the major political parties today. (I E, 'I can see Russia from my house'- which was said not by Palin , but by Saturday Night Live.) Maybe its how Social Media works?  I dont know.  I don't do facebook, twitter, or instagram, so I can't debate that.  All I know is what you posted, and if that's Logic, .... well, Times have changed.

 

Logic is provable and repeatable with predictable results. Nothing about tying the KC, BB, San Diego situation of the 1980s/90s/early 2000s to Chuck today is logical.

 

Chuck is a man of outstanding character thst I would welcome as my friend. Thst doesn't make him a successful NFL Coach of today's Colts. I can only post my opinion, which has zero value, that he will be fired, and it will take a different coach to lead this team to success. 

 

I'm not interested in fighting either. I said one word- WOW.  The rest was on you, my friend...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Saying Pagano is all the fault of the Colts problems shows me you are too narrow minded to actually see and understand what the problem has been.

It's not a point that I dislike anyone in this forum. It's a point of knowing why things are the way they are. Pagano is only one piece of a puzzle of what a team is.

Pagano can only coach the players. If those players are lacking the talent to carry out what is expected of them does not fall on Pagano.

Pagano has started out this season with two QBs who are not starters in the NFL but you and a few more expect him to still win. And now that he has two losses it's all his fault?  Horse dung.

Wouldn't every coach just love to have the most talented players signed/drafted/given to them at every position? This is the NFL and all players have talent or they wouldn't be in the NFL. Yes some are greater than others. There comes a time when THE COACH needs to develop and maximize the talent out of the players. Put the players in the best possible position to succeed. Your right Pags is not the ONLY reason for the 2 losses so far but he is A reason. The D is coming around and I liked the opening game plan vs Ari. My main issues are the constant lack of team focus, penalties, the no challenge vs Rams (that was it for me) and then the "try to make it up" challenge vs Ari (he just looks lost), slow starts, player development.

 

At the end of the day they got beat 46-9 to the 49ers I mean the Rams and made no second half adjustments in a major collapse. What really ticked myself off is that I wasn't even that upset after the Ari game. It's like I've grown accustomed to mediocrity. I don't like that at all! I know its going to take time with the roster and I'm on board with what Ballard is doing but I'm all for a new coach/OC after the season (a loss to the browns and I may say new hc/oc now).

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Copy Denver instead.  The made a big impact on that win with Dallas.  They made mincemeat out of Zeke, the Denver's D can beat any offense as they say.  I believe it, I think we should hire someone from their organization that can make a difference in this team.....I say, Denver in the Super Bowl this year, their QB Siemien playing lights out - Copy their system we might win a game or two...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gacoop1 said:

Copy Denver instead.  The made a big impact on that win with Dallas.  They made mincemeat out of Zeke, the Denver's D can beat any offense as they say.  I believe it, I think we should hire someone from their organization that can make a difference in this team.....I say, Denver in the Super Bowl this year, their QB Siemien playing lights out - Copy their system we might win a game or two...

They wont even be in the Title Game, Chiefs and Raiders are both better. Without a franchise QB your team is going nowhere. Yeah I love their Defense too but in the Playoffs you need a leader at QB on Offense as well. Siemien is Average at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

 

Hmmmm.... really?  A coach that only won double digit games in a season twice in his first nine years coaching... then gets double digit wins 4 seasons in a row, only falling back again last year? One with a winning record overall, and inherited a crappy team and reversed their suckiness?  well.... ok... I guess...

 

I'm not boarding that train.  I saw what a dumpster fire that team was before he got there...

Yep, a coach that is 0-7 in the playoffs.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Saying Pagano is all the fault of the Colts problems shows me you are too narrow minded to actually see and understand what the problem has been.

It's not a point that I dislike anyone in this forum. It's a point of knowing why things are the way they are. Pagano is only one piece of a puzzle of what a team is.

Pagano can only coach the players. If those players are lacking the talent to carry out what is expected of them does not fall on Pagano.

Pagano has started out this season with two QBs who are not starters in the NFL but you and a few more expect him to still win. And now that he has two losses it's all his fault?  Horse dung.

 

 

I never said that pagano is the sole reason behind the Colts woes. When did I say that? In fact I have said more than once before that the Colts have created the perfect storm for themselves in a horrible GM (Grigson) and staff to accompany it. 

 

I for one am basing my opinion, and that's all it is, off of paganos full body of work as our head coach. That's 6 years. I'm not basing my opinion of him off of the last 2 games where he has had 2 different back ups (who's decision was that?) playing for him. But let's ignore the fact that the Colts have the 2nd best run D in the league making the other team majorly one dimensional. But why take advantage of that?! I mean that would be forcing a weakness on the opposing team. Of course there's nothing to take advantage of :sarcasm: .

 

im basing my opinion off of the fact that pagano has brought his team Ill prepared in games. I don't complain about the skills/talent (or lack therof) of the players, because their talent isnt the reason for paganos unpreparedness in games. Does it take talent to make a tackle? Does it take talent to limit your mistakes? Does it take talent to limit your penalties on game day? Does it take talent to play disciplined football? No. No it doesn't. So I'm not going to give pagano the excuse of no talent on his team. He has every bit of control over how much discipline this team plays with, and they play with very little. 

 

Coach Dungy said take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves. Become a pro at the basic level, and everything will fall into place for you. 

 

If this team were disciplined, (which I'm sorry if you don't agree, is coaching), you would see fewer points scored by our opponent, and more scored by ours, for the last 6 years. 

 

So tell me again how I'm being narrow minded? You're the one using 2 games as an example. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

 

I never said that pagano is the sole reason behind the Colts woes. When did I say that? In fact I have said more than once before that the Colts have created the perfect storm for themselves in a horrible GM (Grigson) and staff to accompany it. 

 

I for one am basing my opinion, and that's all it is, off of paganos full body of work as our head coach. That's 6 years. I'm not basing my opinion of him off of the last 2 games where he has had 2 different back ups (who's decision was that?) playing for him. But let's ignore the fact that the Colts have the 2nd best run D in the league making the other team majorly one dimensional. But why take advantage of that?! I mean that would be forcing a weakness on the opposing team. Of course there's nothing to take advantage of :sarcasm: .

 

im basing my opinion off of the fact that pagano has brought his team Ill prepared in games. I don't complain about the skills/talent (or lack therof) of the players, because their talent isnt the reason for paganos unpreparedness in games. Does it take talent to make a tackle? Does it take talent to limit your mistakes? Does it take talent to limit your penalties on game day? Does it take talent to play disciplined football? No. No it doesn't. So I'm not going to give pagano the excuse of no talent on his team. He has every bit of control over how much discipline this team plays with, and they play with very little. 

 

Coach Dungy said take care of the little things and the big things will take care of themselves. Become a pro at the basic level, and everything will fall into place for you. 

 

If this team were disciplined, (which I'm sorry if you don't agree, is coaching), you would see fewer points scored by our opponent, and more scored by ours, for the last 6 years. 

 

So tell me again how I'm being narrow minded? You're the one using 2 games as an example. 

You are using the last two seasons as an example. Just throw away the other three. Complain all you care to Pagano has yet to have a losing season. Now you can come up with all the excuses in the world why he hasn't had a losing season but the fact is, he hasn't had a losing season.

We can all debate, make excuses, whine, complain, yell and even argue but it is still a fact.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I disagree.  Not on board with the HC at least.

 

This is NOT to say I don't like the guy or wish anything bad on him.  Quite the opposite, I like Pags.  I just don't see him as a HC.

Not every good position coach works out as Head Coach. Pagono  is not our only problem But, in rebuilding

you don't need a HC that exacerbates the development of the progress of our team with poor coaching decisions. That's not being narrow minded.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You are using the last two seasons as an example. Just throw away the other three. Complain all you care to Pagano has yet to have a losing season. Now you can come up with all the excuses in the world why he hasn't had a losing season but the fact is, he hasn't had a losing season.

We can all debate, make excuses, whine, complain, yell and even argue but it is still a fact.

The only reason Pagono had any success those first three years was  left over talent  built around Manning.

Now that they are gone, this is where we are at. Hey they fired Mora when it was felt this is as far as he could bring

them. Dungy had to take the same talent Mora had to take them to the next level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

The only reason Pagono had any success those first three years was  left over talent  built around Manning.

Now that they are gone, this is where we are at. Hey they fired Mora when it was felt this is as far as he could bring

them. Dungy had to take the same talent Mora had to take them to the next level.

?? I take it you don't remember how much turnover this team had when Pagano took over.

It didn't even have a starting unit on either side of the ball.

I would like you to make me a list of NFL coaches who have an even or winning record in the NFL over the last 5 years. Without looking it up I would guess maybe 5 out of 32. Chuck is one of them.

I am waiting.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

You are using the last two seasons as an example. Just throw away the other three. Complain all you care to Pagano has yet to have a losing season. Now you can come up with all the excuses in the world why he hasn't had a losing season but the fact is, he hasn't had a losing season.

We can all debate, make excuses, whine, complain, yell and even argue but it is still a fact.

 

i actually just said I was using 6 seasons but you can't seam to fathom that I would be doing that. Bottom line is he isn't a clutch coach. When the stakes are high he has proven he loses. I'm finished here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2017 at 5:21 AM, jimmy g said:

No one except you has been looking to fight. I'm simply amazed by your 'college degree' (that you seem very proud of) 'logic', that others who wanted to fire Pagano (now in his sixth year) want to fire a coach a day. Which is something no one has said. And that 'logically' we can't fire Pagono because KC and San Diego weren't immediately successful after firing Marty Schottenheimer. Wow. That's Way out in Left Field!

 

 That's why I brought up the new math thingy.  Math is based on logic. And  math being taught to today's kids is convoluted, in my 1960s/70s high school educated truck driver's eyes.

 

Posting that others are calling for a coach a day to be fired  (basically, making up a lie about your opponent, and spreadung it repeatedly until most agree it was said) when they never inferred such is a political tactic used by the major political parties today. (I E, 'I can see Russia from my house'- which was said not by Palin , but by Saturday Night Live.) Maybe its how Social Media works?  I dont know.  I don't do facebook, twitter, or instagram, so I can't debate that.  All I know is what you posted, and if that's Logic, .... well, Times have changed.

 

Logic is provable and repeatable with predictable results. Nothing about tying the KC, BB, San Diego situation of the 1980s/90s/early 2000s to Chuck today is logical.

 

Chuck is a man of outstanding character thst I would welcome as my friend. Thst doesn't make him a successful NFL Coach of today's Colts. I can only post my opinion, which has zero value, that he will be fired, and it will take a different coach to lead this team to success. 

 

I'm not interested in fighting either. I said one word- WOW.  The rest was on you, my friend...

 

This type of bickering can get out of hand quickly. I don't think anyone else cares to hear about any personal differences we have. At this point it's beyond the subject of the Colts. 

 

If you would like to then I have offered to finish this discussion in private messaging. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

 

i actually just said I was using 6 seasons but you can't seam to fathom that I would be doing that. Bottom line is he isn't a clutch coach. When the stakes are high he has proven he loses. I'm finished here.

So you choose to over look Pagano's first three seasons? I see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you choose to over look Pagano's first three seasons? I see.

 

Youre hilarious buddy. Have a good day. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.