Sign in to follow this  
Indeee

Totally Impressed with....

Recommended Posts

Not much Wilson and Farley could have done better on that TD. Tough catch 

 

The future is bright in the secondary 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quincy looks like he'll develop well, same for Hooker.

 

I'm honestly not a big fan of Farley though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're on our way. It'll be next season when 12 is fully healthy, we have that 90 mill in cap room to bring in a few impact FA's, and another draft with likely high picks. Plus add in our rookies and 2nd year players from this year really breaking out. Like Hooker, Wilson, Basham, and Hairston, and Farley. I've been saying for a while Farley is the future at SS. Hard hitting, in your face type enforcer out there who's solid in coverage. Hooker/Farley is the future at S. Wilson will get better and better as the year goes along and IMO will be a top tier young corner NEXT season. Hairston is way ahead of where we all thought, and you gotta love his ability and willingness to come down and make a big tackle vs the ball carrier and make plays vs the run. Good tackler for a young CB. I'm really high on Basham. Basham will get more and more snaps and improve this season, and will be the total package by next season. Probably putting up 8-12 sacks in his sophomore year. He, Simon, and a 1st RD EDGE rusher would be beautiful. But it's gonna be next year IMO. Maybe Brissett can really start balling and we can get at least a 2nd for him too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, IinD said:

Quincy looks like he'll develop well, same for Hooker.

 

I'm honestly not a big fan of Farley though.

For Farley being a 2nd yr UDFA I think hes doing a good job out there. Still lots of room to grow as well. While Im not blown away by him, I think hes worth keeping around as a solid backup at the very least.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

We're on our way. It'll be next season when 12 is fully healthy, we have that 90 mill in cap room to bring in a few impact FA's, and another draft with likely high picks. Plus add in our rookies and 2nd year players from this year really breaking out. Like Hooker, Wilson, Basham, and Hairston, and Farley. I've been saying for a while Farley is the future at SS. Hard hitting, in your face type enforcer out there who's solid in coverage. Hooker/Farley is the future at S. Wilson will get better and better as the year goes along and IMO will be a top tier young corner NEXT season. Hairston is way ahead of where we all thought, and you gotta love his ability and willingness to come down and make a big tackle vs the ball carrier and make plays vs the run. Good tackler for a young CB. I'm really high on Basham. Basham will get more and more snaps and improve this season, and will be the total package by next season. Probably putting up 8-12 sacks in his sophomore year. He, Simon, and a 1st RD EDGE rusher would be beautiful. But it's gonna be next year IMO. Maybe Brissett can really start balling and we can get at least a 2nd for him too.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trading Brissett for second rounder after one game, a backup for a second, and it's not like we need him or anything...at least you're enthusiastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, IinD said:

Quincy looks like he'll develop well, same for Hooker.

 

I'm honestly not a big fan of Farley though.

 

He's in on almost every play. He can do a bit of everything. He's out there trying to make a play every snap. Throwing his body around. Good football iq, knowing where to be, etc. He's a hard hitting enforcer type, with solid coverage ability, and he'll only get better IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rally5 said:

Trading Brissett for second rounder after one game, a backup for a second, and it's not like we need him or anything...at least you're enthusiastic.

 

So if he plays well and its this coming offseason when 12 is  no doubt, clearly 100% it wouldn't make sense to try and turn him into a high RD pick ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, COLTS449 said:

 

So if he plays well and its this coming offseason when 12 is  no doubt, clearly 100% it wouldn't make sense to try and turn him into a high RD pick ?

How did you like Tolzien? I kinda like having a competent back up QB (Hasselbeck) because Andrew does get hurt and you need someone who can win a game.  You want to trade that for a tookie with a 30/40% chance of making the roster long term that may not even impact the team at all.  How would that make any sense?  I don't believe in trading talent unless it's some sort of contract impasse.  Dorsett was a great trade, he sucked, good trade, why would you trade a young QB under contract whos a capable backup that you just picked up?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Indeee said:

Hooker, Fairley, and Wilson. Even on the long TD to Nelson Quince almost had that ball deflected. These 3 are the future and I'm digging it

 

 

Gotta add John Simon to that list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilson is playing exactly how I expected him. Couple great plays, almost had a pick too. He always right there. Just got to track the ball better and he's got star potential I think. Rarely see him lose his man, which is good.  If Vontae comes back healthy the secondary should be fine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Indeee said:

Hooker, Fairley, and Wilson. Even on the long TD to Nelson Quince almost had that ball deflected. These 3 are the future and I'm digging it

 

 

I'll be more impressed when they show up against a team with an elite QB in their prime and actual receivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

How did you like Tolzien? I kinda like having a competent back up QB (Hasselbeck) because Andrew does get hurt and you need someone who can win a game.  You want to trade that for a tookie with a 30/40% chance of making the roster long term that may not even impact the team at all.  How would that make any sense?  I don't believe in trading talent unless it's some sort of contract impasse.  Dorsett was a great trade, he sucked, good trade, why would you trade a young QB under contract whos a capable backup that you just picked up?

 

Bro. 2 This is IF Brisett continues to get better, and balls to that point 1st/ But yeah. When Luck is 100% we wont need him. 12 will be out there 16 games, and we can sign or draft a solid backup QB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You always need quality depth, no such thing as "we don't need a good back up QB."  So, we want to trade our quality, proven (in theory) backup QB so we can draft an unproven quality back up...I'm just trying to track your logic.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

I didn't like the Wilson pick at all..

 

Why not? He's what we need on defense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

We're on our way. It'll be next season when 12 is fully healthy, we have that 90 mill in cap room to bring in a few impact FA's, and another draft with likely high picks. Plus add in our rookies and 2nd year players from this year really breaking out. Like Hooker, Wilson, Basham, and Hairston, and Farley. I've been saying for a while Farley is the future at SS. Hard hitting, in your face type enforcer out there who's solid in coverage. Hooker/Farley is the future at S. Wilson will get better and better as the year goes along and IMO will be a top tier young corner NEXT season. Hairston is way ahead of where we all thought, and you gotta love his ability and willingness to come down and make a big tackle vs the ball carrier and make plays vs the run. Good tackler for a young CB. I'm really high on Basham. Basham will get more and more snaps and improve this season, and will be the total package by next season. Probably putting up 8-12 sacks in his sophomore year. He, Simon, and a 1st RD EDGE rusher would be beautiful. But it's gonna be next year IMO. Maybe Brissett can really start balling and we can get at least a 2nd for him too.

Huge fan of Farley he has great instincts really talked him up last preseason glad the he got a chance . Still has a lot of experience to gain but but always seems to be making a play or be around the ball .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

I didn't like the Wilson pick at all..

 

 

Love the Wilson pick, big physical corner with proven track record of production in college, still young. Just needs more minutes. Played like a veteran today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rock8591 said:

 

Love the Wilson pick, big physical corner with proven track record of production in college, still young. Just needs more minutes. Played like a veteran today.

 

I also love the way he carries himself, confidence oozes from him.

 

A game like that, on a personal level, will do wonders for him going forward.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more Wilson plays, the better he will get. He's already extremely sticky in coverage, just needs to play the ball a tad better. Should have had a pick on that out route but he jumped too soon. Impressed with Hooker's range and ball skills but needs to wrap up instead of block tackle. Hairston is scrappy, I like that pick. He reminds me of Donald Strickland. Mack did not impress me yesterday, he got tripped up by arm tackles too much. I also do not know why we did not run any screen plays to him either.

 

If Geathers comes back this year, and that is a huge if. I think he exclusively plays the dime linebacker role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

 

So if he plays well and its this coming offseason when 12 is  no doubt, clearly 100% it wouldn't make sense to try and turn him into a high RD pick ?

 

14 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

 

Bro. 2 This is IF Brisett continues to get better, and balls to that point 1st/ But yeah. When Luck is 100% we wont need him. 12 will be out there 16 games, and we can sign or draft a solid backup QB.  

 

They traded for Brissett to have a capable plan B QB in the event that Luck gets hurt again.  They have that so why would they trade it?  Ballard wants a roster with depth plus Brissett is relatively cheap for the next 3 years.

 

And saying that Luck will be out there for 16 games when he comes back is really kind of funny given all the health issues he has dealt with since 2015.  Have you not paid attention?

 

In other words, the odds Brissett being traded are around zero.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

 

 

They traded for Brissett to have a capable plan B QB in the event that Luck gets hurt again.  They have that so why would they trade it?  Ballard wants a roster with depth plus Brissett is relatively cheap for the next 3 years.

 

And saying that Luck will be out there for 16 games when he comes back is really kind of funny given all the health issues he has dealt with since 2015.  Have you not paid attention?

 

In other words, the odds Brissett being traded are around zero.  

Surely the chances of him being traded depends on how he performs in his starting opportunities.  There was plenty of talk before the draft of teams looking to trade a first round pick to New England for Jimmy Garoppolo, were Brissett to develop here to attract that level of interest in the future it may well be decided that the team decides to cash in and look for another backup (albeit one better than Tolzien)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2017 at 10:27 AM, jskinnz said:

 

 

They traded for Brissett to have a capable plan B QB in the event that Luck gets hurt again.  They have that so why would they trade it?  Ballard wants a roster with depth plus Brissett is relatively cheap for the next 3 years.

 

And saying that Luck will be out there for 16 games when he comes back is really kind of funny given all the health issues he has dealt with since 2015.  Have you not paid attention?

 

In other words, the odds Brissett being traded are around zero.  

 

Yeah. When 12 steps back onto the field I expect 16 starts a year then the playoffs. Look at the iron men who never missed a game. And there's still some left. What kind of backup did 18 need ? A cheap nobody am I right ? Ok lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

AND 26!!!

26 probably played his last game in the NFL already. Neck injuries are no joke. That's what ended David Wilson's career in 3 years. The fact that we've heard nothing about his progress in weeks is concerning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2017 at 8:38 PM, COLTS449 said:

 

So if he plays well and its this coming offseason when 12 is  no doubt, clearly 100% it wouldn't make sense to try and turn him into a high RD pick ?

No, because we obviously need a good backup QB. If he turns out to be good, I wouldn't take a 1st for him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ColtStrong said:

No, because we obviously need a good backup QB. If he turns out to be good, I wouldn't take a 1st for him. 

If he plays well enough to trade for  high round pick no point in not trading him last year off his contract . Would be looking for starter money and no way we pay big money to multiple QBs 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2017 at 8:28 PM, COLTS449 said:

We're on our way. It'll be next season when 12 is fully healthy, we have that 90 mill in cap room to bring in a few impact FA's, and another draft with likely high picks. Plus add in our rookies and 2nd year players from this year really breaking out. Like Hooker, Wilson, Basham, and Hairston, and Farley. I've been saying for a while Farley is the future at SS. Hard hitting, in your face type enforcer out there who's solid in coverage. Hooker/Farley is the future at S. Wilson will get better and better as the year goes along and IMO will be a top tier young corner NEXT season. Hairston is way ahead of where we all thought, and you gotta love his ability and willingness to come down and make a big tackle vs the ball carrier and make plays vs the run. Good tackler for a young CB. I'm really high on Basham. Basham will get more and more snaps and improve this season, and will be the total package by next season. Probably putting up 8-12 sacks in his sophomore year. He, Simon, and a 1st RD EDGE rusher would be beautiful. But it's gonna be next year IMO. Maybe Brissett can really start balling and we can get at least a 2nd for him too.

90 Million is cap room? This isn't Madden..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

90 Million is cap room? This isn't Madden..

 Might not be quite that high but we are looking at just under 73M per Overthecap for 2018, thats not including us rolling over some of the 20M in cap we still have this yr, nor does it factor in any cuts that may happen. Chances are we roll over at least 10M. It also only accounts for a 3M increase in the cap, which isnt official yet (could be more). So 85-90M in cap for this offseason is very well possible. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

90 Million is cap room? This isn't Madden..

 

You should try using Google before posting something like this.  Browns had over $100 Million cap space in March.

 

Besides, in Madden you can just turn the salary cap OFF.  Boom.  Problem solved.  :thmup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

26 probably played his last game in the NFL already. Neck injuries are no joke. That's what ended David Wilson's career in 3 years. The fact that we've heard nothing about his progress in weeks is concerning.

  Ted Manachino  said they were expecting him back this year.

   You may be right but until I hear otherwise, I'm expecting to see him back, even if it is as a dime linebacker, initially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you gather a bunch of potentially talented players you must, must, must have a good management team to make the best of what you have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

90 Million is cap room? This isn't Madden..

 

Lol. Bro. After cuts and etc we'll be around 80 at least. Maybe close to 90. But it don't matter if it's 60 my man. We'll have enough cap room to sign a handful of big time players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

 Might not be quite that high but we are looking at just under 73M per Overthecap for 2018, thats not including us rolling over some of the 20M in cap we still have this yr, nor does it factor in any cuts that may happen. Chances are we roll over at least 10M. It also only accounts for a 3M increase in the cap, which isnt official yet (could be more). So 85-90M in cap for this offseason is very well possible. 

 

Thank you. Finally somebody who knows what they're talking about. Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2017 at 4:03 PM, CanuckColtsFan said:

I also thought Brisset showed promise, Doyle was strong.

 

Seeng Hooker get his first int was great. 

Doyle had two drops plus the fumble. Agree on Brissett. Getting him for Dorsett was a steal. Some team will overpay to get him when Colts don't need him or can't afford to pay him. He's cool, agile and throws darts. Experience is all he needs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.