Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Totally Impressed with....

Indeee

We're on our way. It'll be next season when 12 is fully healthy, we have that 90 mill in cap room to bring in a few impact FA's, and another draft with likely high picks. Plus add in our rookies and 2nd year players from this year really breaking out. Like Hooker, Wilson, Basham, and Hairston, and Farley. I've been saying for a while Farley is the future at SS. Hard hitting, in your face type enforcer out there who's solid in coverage. Hooker/Farley is the future at S. Wilson will get better and better as the year goes along and IMO will be a top tier young corner NEXT season. Hairston is way ahead of where we all thought, and you gotta love his ability and willingness to come down and make a big tackle vs the ball carrier and make plays vs the run. Good tackler for a young CB. I'm really high on Basham. Basham will get more and more snaps and improve this season, and will be the total package by next season. Probably putting up 8-12 sacks in his sophomore year. He, Simon, and a 1st RD EDGE rusher would be beautiful. But it's gonna be next year IMO. Maybe Brissett can really start balling and we can get at least a 2nd for him too.

37 minutes ago, IinD said:

Quincy looks like he'll develop well, same for Hooker.

I'm honestly not a big fan of Farley though.

For Farley being a 2nd yr UDFA I think hes doing a good job out there. Still lots of room to grow as well. While Im not blown away by him, I think hes worth keeping around as a solid backup at the very least.

1 minute ago, COLTS449 said:

We're on our way. It'll be next season when 12 is fully healthy, we have that 90 mill in cap room to bring in a few impact FA's, and another draft with likely high picks. Plus add in our rookies and 2nd year players from this year really breaking out. Like Hooker, Wilson, Basham, and Hairston, and Farley. I've been saying for a while Farley is the future at SS. Hard hitting, in your face type enforcer out there who's solid in coverage. Hooker/Farley is the future at S. Wilson will get better and better as the year goes along and IMO will be a top tier young corner NEXT season. Hairston is way ahead of where we all thought, and you gotta love his ability and willingness to come down and make a big tackle vs the ball carrier and make plays vs the run. Good tackler for a young CB. I'm really high on Basham. Basham will get more and more snaps and improve this season, and will be the total package by next season. Probably putting up 8-12 sacks in his sophomore year. He, Simon, and a 1st RD EDGE rusher would be beautiful. But it's gonna be next year IMO. Maybe Brissett can really start balling and we can get at least a 2nd for him too.

45 minutes ago, IinD said:

Quincy looks like he'll develop well, same for Hooker.

I'm honestly not a big fan of Farley though.

He's in on almost every play. He can do a bit of everything. He's out there trying to make a play every snap. Throwing his body around. Good football iq, knowing where to be, etc. He's a hard hitting enforcer type, with solid coverage ability, and he'll only get better IMO.

1 minute ago, Rally5 said:

Trading Brissett for second rounder after one game, a backup for a second, and it's not like we need him or anything...at least you're enthusiastic.

So if he plays well and its this coming offseason when 12 is  no doubt, clearly 100% it wouldn't make sense to try and turn him into a high RD pick ?

Just now, COLTS449 said:

So if he plays well and its this coming offseason when 12 is  no doubt, clearly 100% it wouldn't make sense to try and turn him into a high RD pick ?

How did you like Tolzien? I kinda like having a competent back up QB (Hasselbeck) because Andrew does get hurt and you need someone who can win a game.  You want to trade that for a tookie with a 30/40% chance of making the roster long term that may not even impact the team at all.  How would that make any sense?  I don't believe in trading talent unless it's some sort of contract impasse.  Dorsett was a great trade, he sucked, good trade, why would you trade a young QB under contract whos a capable backup that you just picked up?

18 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

How did you like Tolzien? I kinda like having a competent back up QB (Hasselbeck) because Andrew does get hurt and you need someone who can win a game.  You want to trade that for a tookie with a 30/40% chance of making the roster long term that may not even impact the team at all.  How would that make any sense?  I don't believe in trading talent unless it's some sort of contract impasse.  Dorsett was a great trade, he sucked, good trade, why would you trade a young QB under contract whos a capable backup that you just picked up?

Bro. 2 This is IF Brisett continues to get better, and balls to that point 1st/ But yeah. When Luck is 100% we wont need him. 12 will be out there 16 games, and we can sign or draft a solid backup QB.  

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Huge fan of Farley he has great instincts really talked him up last preseason glad the he got a chance . Still has a lot of experience to gain but but always seems to be making a play or be around the ball .

4 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Love the Wilson pick, big physical corner with proven track record of production in college, still young. Just needs more minutes. Played like a veteran today.

I also love the way he carries himself, confidence oozes from him.

A game like that, on a personal level, will do wonders for him going forward.

The more Wilson plays, the better he will get. He's already extremely sticky in coverage, just needs to play the ball a tad better. Should have had a pick on that out route but he jumped too soon. Impressed with Hooker's range and ball skills but needs to wrap up instead of block tackle. Hairston is scrappy, I like that pick. He reminds me of Donald Strickland. Mack did not impress me yesterday, he got tripped up by arm tackles too much. I also do not know why we did not run any screen plays to him either.

If Geathers comes back this year, and that is a huge if. I think he exclusively plays the dime linebacker role.

14 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

14 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Bro. 2 This is IF Brisett continues to get better, and balls to that point 1st/ But yeah. When Luck is 100% we wont need him. 12 will be out there 16 games, and we can sign or draft a solid backup QB.  

They traded for Brissett to have a capable plan B QB in the event that Luck gets hurt again.  They have that so why would they trade it?  Ballard wants a roster with depth plus Brissett is relatively cheap for the next 3 years.

And saying that Luck will be out there for 16 games when he comes back is really kind of funny given all the health issues he has dealt with since 2015.  Have you not paid attention?

In other words, the odds Brissett being traded are around zero.  

29 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

They traded for Brissett to have a capable plan B QB in the event that Luck gets hurt again.  They have that so why would they trade it?  Ballard wants a roster with depth plus Brissett is relatively cheap for the next 3 years.

And saying that Luck will be out there for 16 games when he comes back is really kind of funny given all the health issues he has dealt with since 2015.  Have you not paid attention?

Surely the chances of him being traded depends on how he performs in his starting opportunities.  There was plenty of talk before the draft of teams looking to trade a first round pick to New England for Jimmy Garoppolo, were Brissett to develop here to attract that level of interest in the future it may well be decided that the team decides to cash in and look for another backup (albeit one better than Tolzien)

On 9/18/2017 at 10:27 AM, jskinnz said:

Yeah. When 12 steps back onto the field I expect 16 starts a year then the playoffs. Look at the iron men who never missed a game. And there's still some left. What kind of backup did 18 need ? A cheap nobody am I right ? Ok lol. 

On 9/17/2017 at 8:38 PM, COLTS449 said:

No, because we obviously need a good backup QB. If he turns out to be good, I wouldn't take a 1st for him. 

2 hours ago, ColtStrong said:

No, because we obviously need a good backup QB. If he turns out to be good, I wouldn't take a 1st for him. 

If he plays well enough to trade for  high round pick no point in not trading him last year off his contract . Would be looking for starter money and no way we pay big money to multiple QBs 

On 9/17/2017 at 8:28 PM, COLTS449 said:

90 Million is cap room? This isn't Madden..

38 minutes ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

Might not be quite that high but we are looking at just under 73M per Overthecap for 2018, thats not including us rolling over some of the 20M in cap we still have this yr, nor does it factor in any cuts that may happen. Chances are we roll over at least 10M. It also only accounts for a 3M increase in the cap, which isnt official yet (could be more). So 85-90M in cap for this offseason is very well possible. 

10 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

26 probably played his last game in the NFL already. Neck injuries are no joke. That's what ended David Wilson's career in 3 years. The fact that we've heard nothing about his progress in weeks is concerning.

Ted Manachino  said they were expecting him back this year.

You may be right but until I hear otherwise, I'm expecting to see him back, even if it is as a dime linebacker, initially.

13 hours ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

Lol. Bro. After cuts and etc we'll be around 80 at least. Maybe close to 90. But it don't matter if it's 60 my man. We'll have enough cap room to sign a handful of big time players.

12 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Might not be quite that high but we are looking at just under 73M per Overthecap for 2018, thats not including us rolling over some of the 20M in cap we still have this yr, nor does it factor in any cuts that may happen. Chances are we roll over at least 10M. It also only accounts for a 3M increase in the cap, which isnt official yet (could be more). So 85-90M in cap for this offseason is very well possible. 

Thank you. Finally somebody who knows what they're talking about. Lol 

On 9/17/2017 at 4:03 PM, CanuckColtsFan said:

I also thought Brisset showed promise, Doyle was strong.

Seeng Hooker get his first int was great. 

Doyle had two drops plus the fumble. Agree on Brissett. Getting him for Dorsett was a steal. Some team will overpay to get him when Colts don't need him or can't afford to pay him. He's cool, agile and throws darts. Experience is all he needs