Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Say What You Want

IndyD4U

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

But I'm damn proud of this team. Considering how they played last week, much improved. 

Still some things to work on but we'll get there 

Thats what we need to look for - improvement.   Now the O has to catch up.  Can't blame JB too much, for such little practice he looked a hundred times better than He Who Shall Not Be Named.

Listen the team gave it there all today, and the defense was lights out (mostly). The result doesn't bother me. It's the way it happened.

When you're up 10 in the fourth quarter at home, and at one point the other teams offense (that couldn't do anything all day) is facing a 3rd and 20 from their own 10, you have to close it out.

Disappointing finish to what was otherwise a brilliant display by the defense. 

great game this defense is very close to being dominate imo cardinals just ran some of the most beautiful rub routes i've ever seen other than that colts defense is legit... jeremiah george stepped up played well loved that and john simon might be our best defensive player! Wrs disappointed me today, but jack doyle is a stud man i tell ya glad to have him! 

9 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

But I'm damn proud of this team. Considering how they played last week, much improved. 

Still some things to work on but we'll get there 

Yeah it was a good game at least.  Still probably going to be a rough year though but it's good experience for the young players.  

They played much more competitively than I expected, but I stand by the following, which I said in the game day thread ...

24 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Such a BAD 3rd down call by the Colts offence, not doing a play to force the Cardinals to use their last timeout.   Just horrible play calling there, potentially costing the game.  

I just totally think this was the key blunder. To me it shows a complete lack of game awareness.  Either a draw running play or high percentage screen pass is a must.  If you don't get the first down, more time is off the clock and you force the Cardinals to use their last time out.   I think this really tarnishes a good effort because again, the coaching staff failed in doing the best possible to put the team in a position to succeed.

2 minutes ago, CanuckColtsFan said:

It hurts that we dropped this. I would have put the D out in OT. Very close. Lots of great things on D. Doyle looked great. Moncreif was a bit down. Maybe we can compete this season. I'm not writing off playoffs yet.

I agree on Moncrief.  I thought he played really poorly.

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

What was our record after two games the year we went to the AFC Championship game?

Same as this year ? I don't remember honestly. 

Was referring to that 10% graphic they showed of 0-2 teams missing the PO's.

Hopefully they can win a game or two in the next few games. They tried today, I was entertained at least.

Honestly it's not like we haven't had a chance the playcalling truly sucks..MOVE THE POCKET everytime someone stands in that damn pocket it's worrisome...CHANGE THE PLAYCALLING TO MASK THE ISSUES YOURE DEALING WITH ON THE LINE!..do we do that no we just hope and pray our line blocks long enough for a receiver to get open and man these routes are horrible..I don't even wanna discuss the penalties & lack of effort from AC/Moncreif