Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dallas (-2.5) at Denver (9-17-17)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST    The "A' Team..Joe Buck, Troy Aikman and Erin Andrews on FOX

mis-70s with a slight chance of rain in the Mile High stadium in Denver = over-under at 42. 5

Only the 13th meeting all-time of two of the NFL's marquee franchises

High society matchup of Dallas's top O-line and NFL rush champ Ezekiel Elliott against Denver's 'No Fly Zone' defense.

Pro Bowlers Dez Bryant and Aquib Talib go head to head ..and they wont get along..

Zeke is still on the lam...and on the run/////he ran 24 times for 104 yards last week in the home win over the Giants.

Broncos led SD 24-7 and held to to win with Trevor Siemian throwing for 2 TDs...Von Miller got no sacks in the opener..and he'll want to sack Zak, the Cowboys' Rookie of the Year QB Zak Prescott, who was 24 of 39 for 266 yards in week one

Denver safety Darian Stewart is questionable and his loss would be big in this one.

Cowboys CB Orlando Sandrick broke his hand last week and is out...and his loss will be felt

Stay away from this one. There's no way to read it..they just never meet

I like the over....remember ..this is field goal heaven

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

1 hour ago, Gramz said:

Hey Mark...   

I think this will be a good matchup.   It's always hard to go against Denver at home, but Dallas may pull it off.

Is Zeke playing this weekend, or has his suspension started?

Zeke is playing Gramz. Denver is very tough at home but I have a feeling the Boys can score enough to win this one. 20-16 Dallas is my pick.

4 years ago it was Tony Romo vs. Peyton..and both have ridden off into the sunset

How many players who played in the Denevr at Dallas game 4 years ago..(its a a shame Romo wont be broadcasting this one) are still on either team.?

Now its ....Dak and Trevor..attack of the low round draft choices...

2 hours ago, Gramz said:

Hey Mark...   

I think this will be a good matchup.   It's always hard to go against Denver at home, but Dallas may pull it off.

Is Zeke playing this weekend, or has his suspension started?

Zeke gets to play at least this Sunday.....so he'll be out there.

Before the evil Roger Goddell puts the handcuffs on a totally innocent man

I love home games in Denver where the crowd and the atmosphere is such a factor.

It feels like college football there..

I cant know what its like on the field but I think that if you have not played a road game in Denver or Seattle...you don't know what its like

15 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

4 years ago it was Tony Romo vs. Peyton..and both have ridden off into the sunset

How many players who played in the Denevr at Dallas game 4 years ago..(its a a shame Romo wont be broadcasting this one) are still on either team.?

Now its ....Dak and Trevor..attack of the low round draft choices...

Both were drafted earlier than Romo  was

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Right,   he wasn't drafted.   So dak and Trevor were drafted higher than him

Semantics.

Dak and Trevor were were 'chosen' ahead of him..not drafted ahead of Tony, who may not have been chosen either.......He probably pursued his own deal..may have picked from more than one offer

,.,.but Sunday, as I said,  is the attack of the 'low-round draft choices'...of which Romo cannot be one...because,

as we both agree, he was not drafted. Right?

Edited by oldunclemark

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Denver loses Jared Crick to season ending back surgery and they sign Ahtyba Rubin, a NT who started all 16 games for Seattle last year.

Wonder if a certain Midwest team know an experienced 30-something NT was available?

Yes.  I'm sure they knew he was available

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Denver loses Jared Crick to season ending back surgery and they sign Ahtyba Rubin, a NT who started all 16 games for Seattle last year.

Wonder if a certain Midwest team know an experienced 30-something NT was available?

Yes, and I don't know why people want the Colts to sign every FA out there. We have Hankins, so we don't need Rubin.

1 hour ago, IndyScribe said:

Yes, and I don't know why people want the Colts to sign every FA out there. We have Hankins, so we don't need Rubin.

Maybe. He's 31...but you rotate nose tackles.....low price.

Played every game for Seattle the last two years........big run stuffer....310 pounds..

......I hear you about Hankins...but the Broncos have a staring nose tackle, too...and they signed him for depth....a rotation guy

....this guy is dependable, if anything.

Seattle let him go when they got Sheldon Richardson....not because he cant play

For $2 mil or so...that's no risk and a bargain....are we weak against the run?

I guess I haven't given up on this season yet

Edited by oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Game stopped due to thunderstorms??  Really?

haha  I went outside to water my flowers, came back in and the network had switched to Redskins Rams game.  I wondered what happened.   Thanks.

It's a Beautiful sunshiny day here.