Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bengals have the stones to fire their crappy coaches

Pacergeek

4 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

Chud maybe next.

Why is that?  Because he's been playing with 2 backups?

The Bengals offense was terrrible with their starting QB in .

The Colts offense is not terrible with their starting QB.

Chud ain't getting fired this year.

Zampese was essentially scapegoated. How good he was is irrelevant, he was Marvin's choice to replace Hue Jackson, much like Pep Hamilton was Chuck's guy to replace Bruce Arians. Marvin and Chuck are both pretty good at selling their employers on the notion that it's not them that need to be replaced, it's the other guy's fault.

Ya'll are more mad that you are offended whether you admit it or not. This forum is pretty high on Jim Mora, myself included, who never won a playoff game. Now Marvin Lewis is no Jim Mora, but he's still a good coach. It may actually be time for him to go but not because he's a bad coach. I've been reading some pretty ruff stuff from his most loyal supporters and he is 0-2. 

As long as Marvin Lewis still has a job, they don't have the stones do to it....

Keep in mind, this is the team who drafted Joe Mixon after that video leaked of him punching the woman in the face. They also gave extensions to Pac Man Jones and Burfict, who are players with a history of dirty play and haven't changed one bit. 

4 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Ya'll are more mad that you are offended whether you admit it or not. This forum is pretty high on Jim Mora, myself included, who never won a playoff game. Now Marvin Lewis is no Jim Mora, but he's still a good coach. It may actually be time for him to go but not because he's a bad coach. I've been reading some pretty ruff stuff from his most loyal supporters and he is 0-2. 

Jim Mora built an awesome defense in New Orleans - The Dome Patrol, who were at one point, an elite group and the best LB core in the league. Rickey Jackson is in the Hall of Fame, Pat Swilling arguably should be in since he has the numbers is and is up there in the top 10 sacks list and won DPOY award back in 1992. Sam Mills should definitely be in the Hall of Fame, and probably would be if cancer didn't take him back in 2003 when he was coaching on Carolina's SB staff.... Vaughan Johnson was awesome an awesome inside Linebacker too....Saints defense also had some other pretty good players like Frank Warren, Wayne Martin (hands down, the most underrated Saints palyer ever) and Toi Cook who was a pretty good safety in his prime.

Mora not winning a playoff game really hurts some of these great players from being recognized. Sam Mills I think absolutely belongs in the Hall of Fame, and Pat Swilling probably gets in too had they just won a single playoff game. Swilling winning a Defensive Player of the Year award was huge back in 1992. 

But beyond how awesome Mora's defense was, it don't erase how conservative he was...There are many instances you can find in those Saints teams where Mora would blow it by playing things too conservative and not taking risks, not trusting his offense at all, even in games where they were doing good. 

My favorite one is the Falcons overtime loss in 1991...Mora could've went for like 55 yard field goal with his Hall of Fame kicker Morten Andersen who was the record breaking kicker who could hit those long distance field goals...Instead, he punts, and the Falcons end up going down the field and winning....Other instances like Mora not going for it vs the Eagles in the 1992 playoff game, things could've been a lot different if he was more of a risk taker with those teams. 

I love those old Saints teams and always will. They were my childhood heroes, and I'll always have a place in my heart for Rickey Jackson and Sam Mills but there is no way I would hire Jim Mora in today's era....Sean Payton probably is going to get fired after this year and will deserve it, but I like him a lot better than Mora cause he will take risks and gamble and do stuff...The onside kick in the SB, and aggressive 4th down play are things Mora would've never ever done. You have to take risks and gamble sometimes to win, and Jim Mora would never do those things to go the extra mile and try to win. 

5 hours ago, Synthetic said:

As long as Marvin Lewis still has a job, they don't have the stones do to it....

Keep in mind, this is the team who drafted Joe Mixon after that video leaked of him punching the woman in the face. They also gave extensions to Pac Man Jones and Burfict, who are players with a history of dirty play and haven't changed one bit. 

Excellent post. I recall the game against the Steelers when in the closing minutes the Bengals went nuts with personal foul penalties costing them the victory as Lewis just silently stood their on the sidelines.

Bengals and Colts situations is completely different. Bengals fired their OC. Their HC, Marvin Lewis, hasn't been fired. It took the players coming out and saying something to be unsatisfied. The Bengals also had trouble scoring with their starting QB. You can't compare the Colts situation with the Bengals.