Breaking: Jacoby Brissett named Starter

TKnight24

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This makes me more excited to attend the game. We'll see what he's made of.  I believe he beat the Texans in a start last year, so at least he has a win under his belt?  I don't think it can get much worse than Tolzien.  Hopefully Brissett can make some plays down the field and use his athleticism. Hopefully no turnovers and hopefully the offense can stay on the field.

Just now, jameszeigler834 said:

He has had almost two weeks to learn the playbook he will be fine couldn't be any worst than tolzien.

There's a pretty sizable gap between "being fine" and "not being any worse than Tolzien".

It's safe to assume he'll be a bit better, but I'm not thinking that a guy who showed up two weeks ago is going to put a cape on and save the day.. Seems like a stretch.

We'll see (hey I can state the obvious!!)..

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

Very telling that a guy who just now has learned every bodies name is starting over Tolzien. What a screwup that was

At least they are willing to admit they screwed up. That's probably the closest thing to a win we'll get for a while. 

Remember 2011 when we were like 0-100 and they made the switch from Painter to Orlovsky?  Colts actually played decent ball and had to dump the last game in order to win the Luck sweepstakes.   

Brissett has the be as as good as Orlovsky, and Tolzien is worse than Painter.  

There's some correlation there, all things considered.  Addition by subtraction AND addition.   

16 minutes ago, The Fish said:

At least it's not Tolzien. 

I'm not really excited for this though.. Dude is going to be very shaky.

14 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Good. Even with a limited knowledge of the playbook, he couldn't do worse than Scott.

No doubt the scout team looked at AZ tape, and what JB knows of the playbook.  they trim down the playbook to the plays that are deemed necessary vs the Cards, and further to those JB knows and can execute at a high level. I would not doubt we trim it to slightly smaller playlist, but run similar plays, but out of different 'looks'.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

There's a pretty sizable gap between "being fine" and "not being any worse than Tolzien".

It's safe to assume he'll be a bit better, but I'm not thinking that a guy who showed up two weeks ago is going to put a cape on and save the day.. Seems like a stretch.

We'll see (hey I can state the obvious!!)..

It's not fair to expect a top tier performance this quickly. OTOH, if the coaches do it right, they can get the most out of JB even with limited experience with the receivers and playbook.  What is certain, we must have a good ground game. If we do not, they have put JB in a position to fail.

11 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

No doubt the scout team looked at AZ tape, and what JB knows of the playbook.  they trim down the playbook to the plays that are deemed necessary vs the Cards, and further to those JB knows and can execute at a high level. I would not doubt we trim it to slightly smaller playlist, but run similar plays, but out of different 'looks'.

It's not fair to expect a top tier performance this quickly. OTOH, if the coaches do it right, they can get the most out of JB even with limited experience with the receivers and playbook.  What is certain, we must have a good ground game. If we do not, they have put JB in a position to fail.

Nicely put

Not surprising one bit. You just can't have Tolzien out there again with the same offense and expect different results. Brissett brought a lot of energy towards the offense as he was able to throw the ball with a stronger arm and accuracy. 

I still have a problem with all this.  To me this means Tolzien is not ever going to be part of the plan.  So why leave him on he roster at all? If you're admitting you blew the decision to start with, which they're doing by giving him one chance one start in 2017, what happens if Brissett gets hurt?  You can't turn back to Tolzien now.  You've just told him, and everyone else, he isn't worth trying to fix, improve, work with. I'm surprised there wasn't a Tolzien cut, Morrris signing.  

Yes!!!!!!!!! Love this! Tolzien should never be allowed to step on the field in a colts uniform ever again. He was always a backup at best, was never starting caliber.

We should be more competitive in this next game. Brissett has a much better arm, can push the ball down the field and can take the ball himself if needed.

Excited to see what he can do! Lets go JB!!! Lets go ColtsNation!!!!

1 minute ago, Dirty Mudflaps said:

I still have a problem with all this.  To me this means Tolzien is not ever going to be part of the plan.  So why leave him on he roster at all? If you're admitting you blew the decision to start with, which they're doing by giving him one chance one start in 2017, what happens if Brissett gets hurt?  You can't turn back to Tolzien now.  You've just told him, and everyone else, he isn't worth trying to fix, improve, work with. I'm surprised there wasn't a Tolzien cut, Morrris signing.  

As I have said before it appears ST is much better in the locker room/film room than SM