Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew at practice... watching

dew5150

Ok, did I hear the correspondent right last night when she said she talked to Luck before the game and he told her he should start practicing this week? Anyone else hear that? After last nights putrid performance by the Oline, I'm not sure what to think about his return......:fear:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan Kelly should be back this week which will solve some of the issues on the line. Teams are keying on the interior of our line cause they know its weak. Ryan Kelly has never given up a sack so the line will be better once he's back. Unlike Redmond, Kelly knows to give the ball to the QB

On 9/16/2017 at 11:26 AM, oldunclemark said:

CBF..I dont think it will take 2-4 weeks of practice for Luck to be game ready....

I assume he's not out of shape..I assume we are running the same play terminology we ran last year ..

We have the same offensive players for the most part.

Once he can make all the throws.....he'll just need a week, in my opinion

On 9/16/2017 at 7:26 PM, oldunclemark said:

We'll see and I'll be right because the week he starts practicing is the week he'll start playing.

He does not need both 7 on 7 and 11 on 11....and he wont need 3 weeks.

Its still his offense..and he doesn't need to catch up.....mentally... You will see.

I think Andrew is in negotiations to take over as Offensive co-ordinator

Are you almost convinced yet?---

****************************************************************************************************************************

http://cbs4indy.com/2017/10/02/colts-chris-ballard-andrew-luck-will-be-worked-back-into-practice-this-week/amp/

'Luck almost certainly will need two or three weeks of concentrated practice before he’s ready to return to the lineup. That would make his return coming Oct. 16 at Tennessee at the very earliest, but more likely Oct. 22 at home against Jacksonville or Oct. 29 at Cincinnati.'

Everybody has to understand he’s not going to come back and take all the first-team reps and play 50, 60, 70 snaps in practice a day,’’ Chuck Pagano said. “We have to integrate him back into practice. Like anybody else, do some individual, throw some routes versus air, stay with his throwing progression and bring him along."

*******************************************************************************************************************************

I was hoping he would start in limited practice before October 4, but always.knew it could be anywhere 'up to week 6' (otherwise, why not Reserve/PUP him?) and have Always_Said it will be 2 or (more likely) 3 weeks once Luck practices before he gets into a game  And Dr. Chao has always leaned on it being 4 weeks, with a streamlined program to possibly be ready in 2-3.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2017 at 11:26 AM, oldunclemark said:

CBF..I dont think it will take 2-4 weeks of practice for Luck to be game ready....

I assume he's not out of shape..I assume we are running the same play terminology we ran last year ..

We have the same offensive players for the most part.

Once he can make all the throws.....he'll just need a week, in my opinion

On 9/16/2017 at 4:17 PM, oldunclemark said:

I think Andrew is working behind the scenes like Peyton did..

.....You do roll outs...You do step ups...You just don't get hit....

......I cant see 3 weeks of practice before he can play.....he does not need rehab to 90% of his body.

I'm more Dr. Suess than Dr. Chao but ..but I'm sure Luck is throwing ever day now.......waiting for consecutive days of adequate strength

On 9/16/2017 at 7:14 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

He needs 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 work. With his 1's vs our D 1's. At least 2 - 3 weeks worth.  That will come once he is full participation in practice. not any other way.

Andrew Luck is listening to his version of Dr. Chao. Irsay and Ballard are listening to him too.

On 9/16/2017 at 7:26 PM, oldunclemark said:

We'll see and I'll be right because the week he starts practicing is the week he'll start playing.

He does not need both 7 on 7 and 11 on 11....and he wont need 3 weeks.

Its still his offense..and he doesn't need to catch up.....mentally... You will see.

I think Andrew is in negotiations to take over as Offensive co-ordinator

On 9/16/2017 at 7:28 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Well, I like your bravado, your prediction... not so much.  Don't be disappointed down the road... as so many before you have.

On 9/16/2017 at 7:33 PM, oldunclemark said:

Meet me back here the week he starts practicing....

I am willing to bet you my University of Nebraska season tickets

10/12/2017  -  Indianapolis Colts head coach Chuck Pagano today said quarterback Andrew Luck will continue his progression back from offseason shoulder surgery this week by taking some 7-on-7 snaps with the scout team.

OK, you asked me to meet you back here when Andrew was back practicing.  I waited until this week, because so many didn't feel last week counted as practice based upon 'reports they heard' ...  much like all of the recovery updates they heard that were whack.

But this is to point out that  there is more to it than people realize.  And those who look to the Club regarding health matters, and what teams will say and do ( minimize and obfuscate it sometimes seems, either by accident or on purpose... ??? ).  Nothing regarding patients in healthcare is absolute and finite. {well... except 1, let's not go there }  Some situations are more easily determined than others, true, but there never are exact dates.  There are processes though, and based upon previous data, timetables and milestones can be reasonably anticipated, expected time frame ranges set, and recovery progress documented.  And... no, you don't have to be an MD or a DO. to know and understand.  Yes, the Doc is the QB of the system.  Diagnosing and treating, etc...  like a QB reading the D, adjusting the play to defeat it.  But like a QB, at some point, the 'ball is usually handed off' to other skilled people to carry out the plan/play... much like a QB handing off to a RB or passing to a receiver.  Everyone involved needs to have detailed knowledge of the whole play, and notably their specific portion/contribution in it. 

Players must have time to re acclimate to their game once they have medically recovered and been cleared.  It it were not so, there would be no need for OTA's and training camp.  No need for a pre-season game to under live action to get prepared.  Time to do this will vary depending upon what was injured, and how long the player was out (atrophy, not just on the injured part, but at times the whole body conditioning).  The road to health can sometimes be paved with potholes that need to be avoided, and this is done by following protocols/processes in rehab.  And it takes some a bit longer to drive down that road than others.

I distinctly recall 2 years ago, when Luck suffered a renal laceration and core muscle pull on the same play. The team reported Luck would be 2 - 6 weeks.   Folks were posting how were we to win 2 games until Luck returned.  I cautioned that it was not even likely that Luck makes it back in the 6 weeks given, let alone 2... to no avail.  Of course, many were highly disappointed when Luck never returned at all the remainder of that year. Yet, people to this day wait with baited breath for detailed injury reports from the team.  Is there a chance they report and it is true?  Maybe...  but it is already documented listening to other informed sources is a better choice.

I'm a Boilermaker, so I I do not want/need your Nebraska season tickets.  Enjoy them.  But Maybe I have earned some credibility with you and others on injury issues.  I disagreed with Dr. Chao on Luck (not by much though) and it appears the Doc will be right, if Luck doesn't start against the Bengals. My posts almost 2 weeks ago,,,

I'm not going to 'pretend' to be 'better' than a physician... and that is not  my point. But I'm also not going to pretend I do not know what all is going on medically concerning many of these injury situations either.  I've been involved in many areas of the healthcare field for over 35 years. ( currently in a technical/clinical role) But any viewpoint of mine expressed here is an opinion of (only) my own, and not representative of any entity but my own. And I have no insider information ( I live in the south!! ) either.  It is my occupational field, but is not directly in the sports aspect.  Watching sports is my hobby.