Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew at practice... watching

dew5150

4 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Been saying this since 2011. It has gotten ignored for the last 7 years and arguably longer. It's really frustrating to watch us make little to no progress along the offensive line for that long of a period. No running game since 08. And pass blocking has steadily gone down hill in that amount of time. It is just beyond my comprehension as to why you wouldn't set up your oline for the future. These guys are professionals and can't seem to comprehend the importance of offensive freakin line. You aren't in a situation to be picky on draft quality early in the draft. Just freaking draft oline. Sign oline. I don't care how much it costs. Just do it already. Stop ignoring the issue! 

*rant remains on until issue is addressed*

Our GM's are too arrogant to address this issue. They think they are the smartest guys in the room, and their arrogance clouds their judgement too. This is Grigson and Ballard. Our QB gets killed, and Ballard drafts a Safety and CB in the first two rounds

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Our GM's are too arrogant to address this issue. They think they are the smartest guys in the room, and their arrogance clouds their judgement too. This is Grigson and Ballard. Our QB gets killed, and Ballard drafts a Safety and CB in the first two rounds

7 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

And yet year after year after year Lucky keeps holding onto the ball. Something is OFF with that boy. lol

12 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

weak class for oline, and our best player there is hurt

not much they can do about that

Jack Conklin was taken in the middle of the 1st round last year and made the pro bowl.  Hopefully, either McGlinchey out of ND or Williams out of Texas will be there when we pick and we luck out like the Titans did with Conk.  

I'd love if the Colts could figure out a way to get Quenton Nelson out of ND as one of our guards, but he won't be around in 2nd unless we really suck this year.  Tyrone Crowder could be an option.  Also, Gabe Jackson is an UFA next year I think.

I'm hoping Ballard will fix the Oline in one year like it appears he may have done with the dline with the additions of Woods, Hankins, and Hunt.

10 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Been saying this since 2011. It has gotten ignored for the last 7 years and arguably longer. It's really frustrating to watch us make little to no progress along the offensive line for that long of a period. No running game since 08. And pass blocking has steadily gone down hill in that amount of time. It is just beyond my comprehension as to why you wouldn't set up your oline for the future. These guys are professionals and can't seem to comprehend the importance of offensive freakin line. You aren't in a situation to be picky on draft quality early in the draft. Just freaking draft oline. Sign oline. I don't care how much it costs. Just do it already. Stop ignoring the issue! 

*rant remains on until issue is addressed*

Unfortunately they drafted 5 lineman in the last 2 years and signed a free agent or two, but most aren't very good. The Colts drafting ability for the past 5 years has been terrible to put it mildly.

17 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

Unfortunately they drafted 5 lineman in the last 2 years and signed a free agent or two, but most aren't very good. The Colts drafting ability for the past 5 years has been terrible to put it mildly.

Yep, but you have to admit that Offensive lines around the league are pretty poor outside of a handful of teams. Watching the Texans and Bengals last night accented that. Lineman aren't coming out of College ready to go anymore.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Glad Brissett is starting. If I had to sit through another week of Scott Tolzien I think I would quit watching.

I am with you man.  Sad thing is I am going to the game so I would have been forced to watch Tolzien.  I wouldn't leave since I paid for the tickets!  Hopefully Brissett shines.  We need some help from the Football Gods too lol

On 9/14/2017 at 2:31 PM, ColtsArmy84 said:

The colts dont practice on tuesdays.

Limited on Wed I assume? Now if thats the case would he play vs Browns?

No.  Not unless he's doing a full practice sessions with receivers outside of Colts normal practices, I feel it will be 2-3 weeks once Luck is full practice to be game ready.  Dr. David Chao feels it could be up to a month. If he is limited early next week then ramps up to Full participation, then I say he might be ready for the 49er game, and should be ready for the Titan game.  Dr. Chao beleives he could be ready for the Titan game, and should be ready for the Jags, in the scenario I illustrated.

Keep an eye on the practice reports, and you'll be able to get a better fell for the timing.  Lucks progress to being ready is much like tracking a hurricane... the further out you are, the wider the 'cone of  uncertainty'. The closer it comes, the more narrow that path becomes and time frames get more precise.

On 9/14/2017 at 4:27 PM, Warrior78 said:

I still think Andrew will be Ready to go on OCT. 8th.  With Peyton back in town for statue ceremony,ring of honor and 1 week before division play starts, Luck will be ready to go,  It will be like Homecoming-Christmas-and the return of the Prodigal Son all rolled into one!!!!!  Now someone get me a Fatted Calf.

I'm with you there.  Felt this way for months... and I'm not changing now.  But if Luck is DNP all next week, one of my eyebrows will finally raise. (and prediction will likely be off / too soon)

On 9/14/2017 at 3:31 PM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I think he'd still need 2 weeks of FULL practice (not limited participation), and I doubt they'll throw him out to the wolves on the road vs Seattle in week 4. My guess is week 5. Hopefully I'm wrong, but we'll see I guess.

Yes, that's the  minimum!

15 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Up to know, I've been convinced that Luck was close to returning because if he isn't going to be back soon, why on earth did they not start the season with him on the PUP? BUT, if he's not participating at all in practice, how close can he really be?

Remember, PUP or not, it will take 2-4 weeks in practice to be game ready.  If on PUP, that  means play ready from week 8 to 10...

Best to keep him on roster so he can practice in a moments notice...

21 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

Draft is only one way to improve o line. There is also Free agency and trades

it was a weak class for oline and we also needed defense.  hooker and wilson will be starters they just were not quite ready for week one

starting oline men cost a fortune in free agency and we used that money on defense.  the only returning starters we have on that side were anderson and davis 

On 9/15/2017 at 10:38 AM, throwing BBZ said:

And yet year after year after year Lucky keeps holding onto the ball. Something is OFF with that boy. lol

Drives me crazy.  My wife laughs when I scream the TV...."Throw the ball !!!! They're coming !!"

Between the "pieced-together" line and Andrew holding onto the ball too long, it's caused issues with AL's ability to stay healthy. 

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 12:50 PM, Valpo2004 said:

Meaningless.  Guy could have had all his limbs amputated and been able to sit and watch practice.  

Watching practice means nothing about his rehab.  

exactly..what we don't know is what he doing behind the scenes.

Remeber Peyton's last year in Denver.?

His workouts were private. He was throwing to teammates after practice out of view.

Then he was back at practice one week and he played...

When he is on the field taking snaps on Tuesday..that's the week he's playing.. He knows his teammates and the playbook. 

But I cant tell when that week will be...Nobody says anything for sure

10 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Remember, PUP or not, it will take 2-4 weeks in practice to be game ready.  If on PUP, that  means play ready from week 8 to 10...

CBF..I dont think it will take 2-4 weeks of practice for Luck to be game ready....

I assume he's not out of shape..I assume we are running the same play terminology we ran last year ..

We have the same offensive players for the most part.

Once he can make all the throws.....he'll just need a week, in my opinion

10 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Fair enough, but that should mean they expect him before week 8. And, if his recovery time really is that significant, why not wait for week 8 instead of 6 or 7 and so just place him on the PUP?
If Luck isn't back week 5 at the latest, the handling of this really makes no sense.

29 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

CBF..I dont think it will take 2-4 weeks of practice for Luck to be game ready....

I assume he's not out of shape..I assume we are running the same play terminology we ran last year ..

We have the same offensive players for the most part.

Once he can make all the throws.....he'll just need a week, in my opinion

Unless he's working behind the scenes like Peyton did, it will take 2-4 weeks according to Dr. Chao. If he's working behind the scenes under supervision, he could be ready in 1-2 weeks after official team drills/practice with the  #1's. Throwing behind the scenes isn't anything like practice, though. Throwing in practice involves moving around in the pocket, moving the feet, operating with a moving crowd around you, throwing off balance, and to live and often covered receivers.  Timing and accuracy get developed here.  Throwing behind the scenes without a simulated pass rush and DB's covering helps, but it is no replacement.  I stick with my 2-3 week after practice begins stance as I have since well before camps started.  Time will tell, and remember, the Colts have shown over and over they are leaning toward caution rather than expedition.

1 minute ago, Roger said:

Ten minutes before the kickoff for the season opener, nobody is in condition. Then, the ball is kicked and everyone is in condition?

How much of training camp or pre-season games did Luck participate in? How about those guys starting at kickoff in game 1?  That is precisely what training camp and pre season games are for... get in football shape by playing football! Also, (believe it or not despite players getting cut at some point) install some of the team playbook. Not just evaluating the roster and cuts...

59 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

Practice Luck hasn't even practices yet.

My original statement had to do with the speculation on Luck's shrunken physique.  I haven't decided whether or not I believe it.  Agree he needs practice. What I'm wondering is whether Luck has lost muscle.  That would be very bad, as it indicates his physical condition is poor.

48 minutes ago, Roger said:

My original statement had to do with the speculation on Luck's shrunken physique.  I haven't decided whether or not I believe it.  Agree he needs practice. What I'm wondering is whether Luck has lost muscle.  That would be very bad, as it indicates his physical condition is poor.

He has lost muscle! I have had shoulder surgerys 3 times, twice on throwing shoulder, you lose strength in that shoulder and other places as well because you can't do some exercises and when you start working out the weight is ridiculously light.

4 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Unless he's working behind the scenes like Peyton did, it will take 2-4 weeks according to Dr. Chao. If he's working behind the scenes under supervision, he could be ready in 1-2 weeks after official team drills/practice with the  #1's. Throwing behind the scenes isn't anything like practice, though. Throwing in practice involves moving around in the pocket, moving the feet, operating with a moving crowd around you, throwing off balance, and to live and often covered receivers.  Timing and accuracy get developed here.  Throwing behind the scenes without a simulated pass rush and DB's covering helps, but it is no replacement.  I stick with my 2-3 week after practice begins stance as I have since well before camps started.  Time will tell, and remember, the Colts have shown over and over they are leaning toward caution rather than expedition.

I think Andrew is working behind the scenes like Peyton did..

.....You do roll outs...You do step ups...You just don't get hit....

......I cant see 3 weeks of practice before he can play.....he does not need rehab to 90% of his body.

I'm more Dr. Suess than Dr. Chao but ..but I'm sure Luck is throwing ever day now.......waiting for consecutive days of adequate strength

Edited by oldunclemark

1 hour ago, Coltsman1788 said:

In my mind, I'm not expecting Luck to play much if at all this season until the Colts show me otherwise. 

Wow , I really hope you  are wrong about that, because the last time I saw that happen to a major Colts quarterback it ended up with him being traded away and then winning a superbowl for Denver! I sure hope you are wrong!

16 minutes ago, Thorolf said:

Wow , I really hope you  are wrong about that, because the last time I saw that happen to a major Colts quarterback it ended up with him being traded away and then winning a superbowl for Denver! I sure hope you are wrong!

Manning was on a Denver team that won a Super Bowl. He was not a good QB at that point. Flinging ruptured ducks around... The defense won that Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

I think Andrew is working behind the scenes like Peyton did..

.....You do roll outs...You do step ups...You just don't get hit....

......I cant see 3 weeks of practice before he can play.....he does not need rehab to 90% of his body.

I'm more Dr. Suess than Dr. Chao but ..but I'm sure Luck is throwing ever day now.......waiting for consecutive days of adequate strength

He needs 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 work. With his 1's vs our D 1's. At least 2 - 3 weeks worth.  That will come once he is full participation in practice. not any other way.

Andrew Luck is listening to his version of Dr. Chao. Irsay and Ballard are listening to him too.

8 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

He needs 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 work. With his 1's vs our D 1's. At least 2 - 3 weeks worth.  That will come once he is full participation in practice. not any other way.

Andrew Luck is listening to his version of Dr. Chao. Irsay and Ballard are listening to him too.

We'll see and I'll be right because the week he starts practicing is the week he'll start playing.

He does not need both 7 on 7 and 11 on 11....and he wont need 3 weeks.

Its still his offense..and he doesn't need to catch up.....mentally... You will see.

I think Andrew is in negotiations to take over as Offensive co-ordinator

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We'll see and I'll be right because the week he starts practicing is the week he'll start playing.

He does not need both 7 on 7 and 11 on 11....and he wont need 3 weeks.

Its still his offense..and he doesn't need to catch up.....mentally... You will see.

I think Andrew is in negotiations to take over as Offensive co-ordinator

Well, I like your bravado, your prediction... not so much.  Don't be disappointed down the road... as so many before you have.

• 2 weeks later...