Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFUn Game

JimJaime

Ok I figured with all the talk of "fire Pagano" etc on the main page be fun play this.  The game is you pick a team and say what they would have needed to been a Dynasty sunce the salary cap era. I will start:

the easy one one is the Colts. If they had drafted Manning then put I will say BB in charge of the team. I will dare say they win 4 SB in 5 years and dominate the AFC. I say this because BB as GM would not disregard Oline and the Defense like the colts did for so many years with Manning.  He would have used his Draft picks bolster the D and allow Manning to elevate the WR/TE around him while also having a decent running Game.  I am convinced the only reason Manning only won one SB is he had average/sub par HC and GM who neglected the other side of the ball setting them up for failure. 

4 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Ok I figured with all the talk of "fire Pagano" etc on the main page be fun play this.  The game is you pick a team and say what they would have needed to been a Dynasty sunce the salary cap era. I will start:

the easy one one is the Colts. If they had drafted Manning then put I will say BB in charge of the team. I will dare say they win 4 SB in 5 years and dominate the AFC. I say this because BB as GM would not disregard Oline and the Defense like the colts did for so many years with Manning.  He would have used his Draft picks bolster the D and allow Manning to elevate the WR/TE around him while also having a decent running Game.  I am convinced the only reason Manning only won one SB is he had average/sub par HC and GM who neglected the other side of the ball setting them up for failure. 

You call Tony Dungy sub-par?  A GM who neglected the other side...Freeney, Mathis, Bob Sanders, etc... 

Could BB have done better who knows but your ending statement killed everything you said previously.  

23 hours ago, JimJaime said:

The game seems pretty simple, name any NFL team and then insert the bolded statement.

20 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

You call Tony Dungy sub-par?  A GM who neglected the other side...Freeney, Mathis, Bob Sanders, etc... 

Could BB have done better who knows but your ending statement killed everything you said previously.  

Tony Dungy was average.  

Bill may have drafted a couple of players for the defense but his defense were always top heavy with very underwhelming depth behind the starters.  Which is why they'd get outclassed every game because the starters can't play every single snap. Also doesn't help that of the players you mention, one was a one dimensional rotation player (well Freeney should have been as he was useless unless it was third down), and another made of glass.  

5 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Tony Dungy was average.  

Bill may have drafted a couple of players for the defense but his defense were always top heavy with very underwhelming depth behind the starters.  Which is why they'd get outclassed every game because the starters can't play every single snap. Also doesn't help that of the players you mention, one was a one dimensional rotation player (well Freeney should have been as he was useless unless it was third down), and another made of glass.  

Disagree.  I would ramble on but this is a pointless argument with two points of view.

On 9/12/2017 at 4:32 PM, DaColts85 said:

Nope I consider dingy average.. not a great HC not a bad HC just average... I also blame the God Polian because he spent capital on WR and toys for Manning and left the D be crap... but I did not mean Dungy was sub par I was meaning Caldwell sub par