Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Minnesota vs New Orleans

dgambill

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Sam Bradford looking really good. If the Vikings protect him he is dropping dimes. I think this game is about to turn into a shootout.

Bradford looks great.    If he keeps playing at a high level,   what do  they do when teddy is healthy?  @nfl fan. What's the word on teddy?

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Bradford looks great.    If he keeps playing at a high level,   what do  they do when teddy is healthy?  @nfl fan. What's the word on teddy?

He completed 71% of his passes last year with the worst OL in NFL outside Denver likely. He is a very accurate passer with time and space. He looks sharpe today. I think Teddy is going to play backup if Sam keeps playing well. Gives them some leverage to negotiate Sams contract. It will be interesting what they do with Teddy as far as keeping him but I got to think not many teams are going to take a risk on paying big money to Teddy who while a great young man is definitely a little injury prone....he is just a slightly built guy and is never going to take a lot of hits. I think you keep him as backup and if things go wrong with Sam at least you know his teammates will step up for Teddy if he has to play.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

He completed 71% of his passes last year with the worst OL in NFL outside Denver likely. He is a very accurate passer with time and space. He looks sharpe today. I think Teddy is going to play backup if Sam keeps playing well. Gives them some leverage to negotiate Sams contract. It will be interesting what they do with Teddy as far as keeping him but I got to think not many teams are going to take a risk on paying big money to Teddy who while a great young man is definitely a little injury prone....he is just a slightly built guy and is never going to take a lot of hits. I think you keep him as backup and if things go wrong with Sam at least you know his teammates will step up for Teddy if he has to play.

Will  be interesting.    I think some team will be willing to trade a second for teddy if he can pass the physical.   So many qb needy  teams

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Will  be interesting.    I think some team will be willing to trade a second for teddy if he can pass the physical.   So many qb needy  teams

Maybe. Not sure what the contract looks like being a first rounder etc but yeah he isn't even on active roster so he is a long way from proving he is worthy of that kinda investment. I think the Vikings keep him. Sam isn't exactly made of iron and we all see the value of a good backup.

30 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Still no definitive word on Teddy. He is on the PUP.

Bradford looks great in this game. I still want Teddy back next year but I would understand if they kept Sam. 

(Btw, I did not receive a notification for the mention. I think it is because you put a space between NFL and fan.)

14 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Nflfan....Sam looks great...not sure what to keep getting on him but he would be like 100% accuracy minus the drops today....and pushing it down the field with second rate WRs. Sure you won't loan him to us lol!

He is playing well tonight. This is one of his best games for us. He is accurate. I like that he is not throwing 3-yd passes on 3rd and 6. haha He looks good.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Still no definitive word on Teddy. He is on the PUP.

Bradford looks great in this game. I still want Teddy back next year but I would understand if they kept Sam. 

(Btw, I did not receive a notification for the mention. I think it is because you put a space between NFL and fan.)

I agree no reason not to keep him. Even if he is a very good backup he is well worth keeping. I don't think he would cost so much to keep both...certainly considering both are more valuable to the Vikings than anyone else.

32 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Saints defense looks like it'll be terrible again.

The Saints fan here thought the defense would be much improved. I missed the first half. (I had a licensing class that I could not miss.) One of the Saints writers thought PJ Williams and Lattimore would stop our receivers. How have they played.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I agree no reason not to keep him. Even if he is a very good backup he is well worth keeping. I don't think he would cost so much to keep both...certainly considering both are more valuable to the Vikings than anyone else.

Teddy would be great in Miami, I think. I respect Gase a lot. I don't know if they plan to keep Tannehill.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Teddy would be great in Miami, I think. I respect Gase a lot. I don't know if they plan to keep Tannehill.

The vikes have the option on him for next year right?  But they haven't exercised it yet.     When do they have to do that by?

The Saints fan here thought the defense would be much improved. I missed the first half. (I had a licensing class that I could not miss.) One of the Saints writers thought PJ Williams and Lattimore would stop our receivers. How have they played.

Not sure which corner has been covering Diggs but that guy has been ate alive.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That OL isn't that good. I'm afraid he get hurt behind it. Not saying he can't be an Alex Smith level starter (minus the Pats game lol) but yeah it would take the right offense. Honestly if you were worried about Sam pushing the ball down the field I'd be more worried about Teddy more. I followed Teddy very closely down here at Louisville...great leader...grinder...can be an accurate qb but I just never saw that franchise qb with him. He will get a chance somewhere.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

The vikes have the option on him for next year right?  But they haven't exercised it yet.     When do they have to do that by?

The Vikes declined the option in May because they did not know if he would return from that injury. It made sense. Once the option is declined the team does not get another chance to pick it up. If Teddy is not ready to practice by the end of Week 6, his contract will "toll". That means Teddy would play for the Vikings next year on the same terms of this year's contract. Even it it "tolls", the Vikes don't have the option to pick up "the option". I hope that is clear. (I am wordy.)

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

TD for Rudolph! I am going to win my 1st Fantasy League game. I am 1-0 LOL, 100%! I have Rudolph and Cook on my team.

I am blowing out everyone else in my family league. I have 157 points and I still have Diggs and Cook playing. That is with Gronk having a mediocre game.

4 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I had some good players...I even had Hill and Hunt if I would have started them...dang never saw that game coming.

You respect the Pats too much haha.  You and I had the Rams defense. 

Btw, did Peterson get a nice ovation? I wrote that we should show class and cheer for him. I hope he scores here.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You respect the Pats too much haha.  You and I had the Rams defense. 

Btw, did Peterson get a nice ovation? I wrote that we should show class and cheer for him. I hope he scores here.

I missed the start by a couple minutes. He hasn't played much...and not done much...honestly he doesn't fit a Payton offense...he is going to struggle this year and I think he is going to cause off field issues if you ask me.

yeah at home....sure do. I still won all my games but I would have broken 200 points easily...had a good week.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I missed the start by a couple minutes. He hasn't played much...and not done much...honestly he doesn't fit a Payton offense...he is going to struggle this year and I think he is going to cause off field issues if you ask me.

I would hate that (off the field issues). I have never viewed him as a "bad guy". I just think he is not too smart. He makes bad choices and shows poor impulse control when it comes to the ladies. He is the type of guy who I would not be surprised ends up wasting all his money.  But I don't think he is bad person, child abuse charges notwithstanding.

I would hate that (off the field issues). I have never viewed him as a "bad guy". I just think he is not too smart. He makes bad choices and shows poor impulse control when it comes to the ladies. He is the type of guy who I would not be surprised ends up wasting all his money.  But I don't think he is bad person, child abuse charges notwithstanding.

I just mean I can see him getting frustrated with his usage. He has like 6 carries tonight for like 20yds. He only has like 10 snaps....he just can't stay on the field and was already yelling at Payton on sideline. That's all I meant.

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I just mean I can see him getting frustrated with his usage. He has like 6 carries tonight for like 20yds. He only has like 10 snaps....he just can't stay on the field and was already yelling at Payton on sideline. That's all I meant.

Yeah, I saw that. What did he expect? I would not be surprised if he is unceremoniously cut if that continues.